Malaysia Detains Thais Who Tested Positive For Marijuana

webfact

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What's the time frame for urine test?

How long does it stay in your system? 

If you are a regular user it can be more than a month. I remember we used to have a couple from California visit our bar every year, before Covid. They used to get taxis everywhere because they said if they got stopped on a bike at a checkpoint and tested, they would be positive. I did mention if it would be worth stopping using it for a month or so before traveling.............as this is a family forum I will not post the answer......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Dope stays in weeks or months. The introduction of urine testing in British  jails led to the widespread  use of heroin, traces of  which are easier to eliminate  from the body quicker

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

While I understand that Malaysia can do whatever they want, I'm a bit surprised that there is a urine test upon entry.  I can honestly say that I've never had to take a urine test upon entering any country on the planet.  Ever.  So yeah, a little strange that Malaysia is doing this.

there could of been a valid reason for the immigration official to go this far. any number of things could of set off a red flag that warranted further investigation which led to the testing. would need more first hand knowledge of the encounter to make a proper decision.

while i don't agree with random testing of urine. ignorance to the laws used by adults is no excuse. 

57 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

6112FB44-9FC1-4D08-BFDD-753F7420DB98.jpeg

Say one is on board a train bound from Thailand to Malaysia, or in a restaurant prior to boarding a plane to Singapore and someone near you is smoking weed.  Now, I’ve been given to understand that someone smoking a regular cigarette in a room full of people will result in a blood test for nicotine of the same amount for _everone_ in that room as for the smoker.  Does this also apply to smoking maryjane?  That would be a real bummer for the innocents who may later get caught up in a test while trying to cross the border wouldn’t it?  And just one reason for keeping the smoking of this substance restricted to the privacy of one’s digs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Marpa47 said:

Say one is on board a train bound from Thailand to Malaysia, or in a restaurant prior to boarding a plane to Singapore and someone near you is smoking weed.  Now, I’ve been given to understand that someone smoking a regular cigarette in a room full of people will result in a blood test for nicotine of the same amount for _everone_ in that room as for the smoker.  Does this also apply to smoking maryjane?  That would be a real bummer for the innocents who may later get caught up in a test while trying to cross the border wouldn’t it?  And just one reason for keeping the smoking of this substance restricted to the privacy of one’s digs.

No it's another reason for the ignorant Malaysian authorities to review  their policies. Stop blood testing travellers which is absurd. And stop executing people for drug offences. They are a disgrace.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

to 10 days for the nanograms in your system to be reduced to a non detectable level, of course that is dependent upon how much you smoke,

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25698515/

• Like 1