Malaysia Detains Thais Who Tested Positive For Marijuana

webfact

My friend was in Wandsworth prison when they  started testing for  cannabis traces. To eliminate  traces he and his fellow inmates drank  copious  amounts of water and exercised vigorously. BUT the main thing  was they switched to smack which disappeared from the body quicker. Thus one of the unintended consequences of testing for cannabis  in British  jails was to increase the mount of herion addicts.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

My friend was in Wandsworth prison when they  started testing for  cannabis traces. To eliminate  traces he and his fellow inmates drank  copious  amounts of water and exercised vigorously. BUT the main thing  was they switched to smack which disappeared from the body quicker. Thus one of the unintended consequences of testing for cannabis  in British  jails was to increase the mount of herion addicts.

Great company you keep, I wonder if all jail mates in prisons throughout the UK did the same thing as you claim?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No. Its a suggestion  to avoid  <deleted> puritanical countries who go seeking to prosecute people.

Back in the day we travelled overland through Iran Afghanistan and India but we avoided signapore and Malaysia who killed drug users. Blood testing at borders is injustice and indicative of moral corruption

Well, thanks.

I would never have quessed that.

I get that Malaysian law (probably) prohibits the production, distribution and use of Cannabis. But surely those statutes cover one while in Malaysia?

I mean if gambling is iilegal in a country, surely one can travel to a country where it is legal, gamble, and then return without being arrested and charged?

I see that some countries (Singapore) test their own citizens returning, and treat positive results as if they had done it in their home country. But tourist/visitors? Ouch.

(I think the Brazilian arrested in Indonesia with Cannabis purchased in Thailand did transit/stop over in KUL.)

Maybe this is just a land border issue?

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What's the time frame for urine test?

How long does it stay in your system? 

Up to 13 weeks depending on consumption , the machines used at the correctional facility where I worked would detect incredibly minor amounts, usually cleared body by 30 -60days for light use 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Thanks 1

They beat ya with the whippin' stick down there, same as Singapore.

S.I.Z.A.R.I.F.A.L.I.N.A: Pudu Jail

I wonder if this testing is in place only because someone 'made a deal' to spend millions in gov't funds for drug-user detection systems.  What the does it matter?  Even in the US there is no law against "internal possession."

Edited by bendejo

THC and CBD showing in drug tests.

CBD will not 'generally' show in a drug test, however it seems that not all CBD 'meds' are 100% THC clear.

Probabably depends on who produces the

CBD 'meds' so if you are using the wrongly or poorly produced CBD meds you could find yourself in the do-do in Malaysia, Japan Singapore or maybe the ME.

In the case of the 3 Thais being checked going into Malaysia I obviously can't say because it will end up as a they say/we say situation.

Maybe Malaysia did this just to send the message to tourists and locals going in and out down south. The message being don't use cannabis even if it's legal in your country.

Will it make some Malaysians stop coming into Thailand or stop some Thais going to Malaysia? I don't know.

Could be a good money maker.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's outrageous.

Why is it outrageous.?

Different countries make their own laws. If you go to another country and break their laws would you expect special treatment and be freed instantly with an apology?

Try doing that in Singapore and see what that gets you.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why is it outrageous.?

Different countries make their own laws. If you go to another country and break their laws would you expect special treatment and be freed instantly with an apology?

They didn't break Malaysian law in Thailand. It's outrageous to test blood. Period. End of story.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

It is attitudes like yours that stop progress in the world. So when the Jews were being rounded up it was OK because that was the rule of the day?

That is about as far off topic as Christians being thrown to the lions or suspected witches being strapped to the ducking stool.

If you take drugs in a country that allows it, that is up to you. If you go to a different country with different laws that is also up to you.

However don't bleat or cry if you break the second countries laws and get punished. Just remember whose choice it was to take the drugs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why is it outrageous.?

You don't think urine testing tourists at the border is outrageous?

What if they started doing that here and you needed to do one each time you came in.  You'd be happy about that right because laws are laws??

What about policemen stopping tourists in the street for a urine test.  No doubt you were fine with that too when it used to happen?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

That is about as far off topic as Christians being thrown to the lions or suspected witches being strapped to the ducking stool.

If you take drugs in a country that allows it, that is up to you. If you go to a different country with different laws that is also up to you.

However don't bleat or cry if you break the second countries laws and get punished. Just remember whose choice it was to take the drugs.

If found in blood only entering from Thailand that is not proof that they took "drugs" in Malaysia!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

even more simple...don't go to Malaysia

Even more simple........ Don't take drugs and you can go to almost any country in the world if you wish, even the ones where drugs are legal.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pork Pie said:

You do realize that we are talking about weed here and not Heroin, cocaine, alcohol or any of the other dangerous, life wrecking drugs.

Show some proof (any proof) that a cannabis high carries on after a nights sleep.

Ahh.I get it now.The sleep kills off the <deleted> in.your system. Lol.  Guess that is why weed is the goto drug for flight crew on, 'sleep'over!! 

2 hours ago, mania said:

Thailand used to do the same thing

Make folks pee test in Bangkok & if it came up positive you had to buy your way out.

Didn't matter if you has arrived from Amsterdam days before where pot was legal etc

So basically Thailand should not be too upset ????

Thailand doesn't care. It only seems to be a few farangs on this thread who are upset.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Marpa47 said:

Say one is on board a train bound from Thailand to Malaysia, or in a restaurant prior to boarding a plane to Singapore and someone near you is smoking weed.

Which trains and restaurants in Thailand permit the smoking of joints in public?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They didn't break Malaysian law in Thailand. It's outrageous to test blood. Period. End of story.

They were attempting to enter Malaysia and NOT Thailand., and no it isn't the end of the story.

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Deleted post

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

You don't think urine testing tourists at the border is outrageous?

What if they started doing that here and you needed to do one each time you came in.  You'd be happy about that right because laws are laws??

What about policemen stopping tourists in the street for a urine test.  No doubt you were fine with that too when it used to happen?

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I don't and never have taken recreational drugs so why would i need to worry?

It is possible to play the "what if" game for a long time until one side gets bored, which is me now.

I prefer to keep on topic unlike you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I don't and never have taken recreational drugs so why would i need to worry?

It is possible to play the "what if" game for a long time until one side gets bored, which is me now.

I prefer to keep on topic unlike you.

100% agree with you

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomacht8 said:

When pee testing becoming more frequent at the Malaysia borders, cannabis users should no longer travel to Malaysia, whether as a visa runner or as a tourist. Luckily there are many other countries with a more humane attitude.

Agreed.

Which is a shame because Malaysia is an interesting destination.

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

The Thai authorities used to test too. Any positive for drugs then guilty. Different country, different rules as they choose to enforce their law. Simple. Don't do drugs!

Now that Thailand has legalised cannabis, this "drug" can be found in food, drinks and even toothpaste.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

When pee testing becoming more frequent at the Malaysia borders, cannabis users should no longer travel to Malaysia, whether as a visa runner or as a tourist. Luckily there are many other countries with a more humane attitude.

Humane attitude? Care to explain.

• Like 1

They will soon be testing if you've had a beer before entering Malaysia.

Seems the whole episode revolves around the now legal weed growing thing in LOS, an over reaction.

But to me, if these Thais did not smoke weed in Malaysia, then it is a daft over reaction as weed can be detected many days after smoking the stuff. ????