90 day reporting online - more questions

I submitted my first online application for 90 day reporting today.  I have a new passport and this is the first time I am applying online using it.  Within seconds I received an email acknowledging receipt of my application.  so far, pretty fast and efficient.

Am I likely to get this approved given that I am submitting for the first time using a new passport?  With my old passport, I never managed to do this online;  always ended up having to do it by post.

Thanks for your feedback

10 hours ago, Brian K said:

Am I likely to get this approved given that I am submitting for the first time using a new passport? 

Thinking your immigration office would need to have updated your new pp #.

That would occur if you have had your stamps, visa info transfered to new pp.

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think that will depend upon the immigration office the online report is done to.

My report was due on the day I planned on going to immigration to have my stamps transferred so I submitted the online report the morning of that day. I printed out the TM47 for the report to show immigration but my report was approved a little over an hour after I submitted the report. I assume they cross referenced my name using their existing report records and approved it since I had done reports to that office before.

If it had not been approved my intention was to show them the TM47 form and request they approve it when I got my stamps transferred. As it turned out the lady checking my documents was the officer that approved my report since she recognized my name and asked me about it.

At some offices even getting your stamps transferred will not make a difference for doing online reports unless the check for a new passport number.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It should be approved using your new passport number.

I had one approved earlier this month using my new passport.

Have had your stamps transferred to your new passport?

I used the new passport to get my retirement extension and they used three pages for all sorts of stamps referring to previous extensions I had. So I am assuming that's what you mean.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I think that was done given the number of stamps they put on the new passport.  This was done at CW

4 minutes ago, Brian K said:

I used the new passport to get my retirement extension and they used three pages for all sorts of stamps referring to previous extensions I had. So I am assuming that's what you mean.

Yes

1 minute ago, Brian K said:

I think that was done given the number of stamps they put on the new passport.  This was done at CW

Yes read your reply to uj.

Don't think you will have any issue with 90 report online

Just done mine but when pressing submit after page one a TM47 form appears with part of my info filled in.. does this mean it's not been submitted? not seen this before. Pretty sure all the info was correct.

7 hours ago, proton said:

Just done mine but when pressing submit after page one a TM47 form appears with part of my info filled in.. does this mean it's not been submitted? not seen this before. Pretty sure all the info was correct.

The TM47 form is proof you submitted your application. It has blank spaces for the ones that are not required such as your TM6 card number. The next step is to get a approval embai with a receipt for your report attached.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The TM47 form is proof you submitted your application. It has blank spaces for the ones that are not required such as your TM6 card number. The next step is to get a approval embai with a receipt for your report attached.

I see it's come up on the record, but under the cancel column there is a red cross. Does this mean it's been cancelled, or do people click this cross if they want to cancel it? It does say pending as well.

16 minutes ago, proton said:

I see it's come up on the record, but under the cancel column there is a red cross. Does this mean it's been cancelled, or do people click this cross if they want to cancel it? It does say pending as well.

You click the red X to cancel your application if you made an error when doing it.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 1:57 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes read your reply to uj.

Don't think you will have any issue with 90 report online

Turned I did!  Just got an email saying they have rejected my application on the grounds that no previous notification was found!?? 

let's this be a warning to everyone that just when you think all is going ok and you've taken all the necessary steps to abide by their regulations, you get another unpleasant annoying surprise.  off to the PO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Brian K said:

Turned I did!  Just got an email saying they have rejected my application on the grounds that no previous notification was found!?? 

let's this be a warning to everyone that just when you think all is going ok and you've taken all the necessary steps to abide by their regulations, you get another unpleasant annoying surprise.  off to the PO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not try again, easy to miss spell something

49 minutes ago, Brian K said:

let's this be a warning to everyone that just when you think all is going ok and you've taken all the necessary steps to abide by their regulations, you get another unpleasant annoying surprise.  off to the PO. 

You probably have had a gut full however you could do it by post and also continue trying online. 

Many reports of people getting couple of reject then an approval.

I did one online and due to very slow reply (public holidays) did not receive quick approval so I posted also.

After the holidays my online was approved.

Later  they attended to my postal report and it was returned with note on receipt that already approved via online. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 8/2/2022 at 3:34 PM, Brian K said:

The rejection (disapproval) is because you got a new/renewed passport.   Typically when you get a new/renewed passport you will need to do an in-person 90 day report (mail-in might work also)....it's just a requirement the CW office (and maybe other offices) have....just how they update their 90 day report system with the latest info.   At one time I remember actually reading it an Thai govt immigration website but can't find it anymore....I think it was somewhere that explained the new online system when it initially came online.

I just experienced the same problem.  About a month ago I got my renewed/new U.S. passport...and immediately went to CW immigration to have my stamps transferred from the old to new passport.....all went OK...that was all done and dusted about a month ago.   

Last Sunday I submitted my 90 day report online after getting the email notice from immigration it was time to submit again.  When submitting the report on Sunday I figured  I was "probably" going to get a rejection after having two online approvals based on my previous passport.   And sure enough on Tuesday I got the email rejection from CW immigration....neither checking online or the email stated "why" it was rejected.

So, today/Thurdday I went to CW to do an in-person report...in and out in 30 minutes.  When I handed the officer my 90 day report at the 90 day counter I also pointed out my online report had just been disapproved without reason given after having two approvals.  The officer just politely waved me off as she processed my new report.  When she handed me my new 90 day receipt she then explained the online disapproval/rejection was because I had a new/renewed passport.  She also said I should have no problem getting online approval for my next report since the in-person report had updated the system to reflect the new passport.

Now one would think when a person goes to immigration to transfer stamps from the old to new passport that process would also update the online 90 day reporting system with the new passport number, but apparently it does not....it takes (or may take) an in-person report...and maybe a mail-in report will also work.

UPDATE:  Found where it says if you get a new passport a in-person report is required.  Got to below immigration website and click the TM47 icon and its talked in the popup instructions....below is a partial snapshot.

https://www.immigration.go.th/#serviceonline

image.png.efbaa63292060b40a3a5d2641fd8487e.png

Edited by Pib

8 minutes ago, Pib said:

The rejection (disapproval) is because you got a new/renewed passport.   Typically when you get a new/renewed passport you will need to do an in-person 90 day report (mail-in might work also)....it's just a requirement the CW office (and maybe other offices) have....just how they update their 90 day report system with the latest info.   At one time I remember actually reading it an Thai govt immigration website but can't find it anymore....I think it was somewhere that explained the new online system when it initially came online.

I just experienced the same problem.  About a month ago I got my renewed/new U.S. passport...and immediately went to CW immigration to have my stamps transferred from the old to new passport.....all went OK...that was all done and dusted about a month ago.   

Last Sunday I submitted my 90 day report online after getting the email notice from immigration it was time to submit again.  When submitting the report on Sunday I figured  I was "probably" going to get a rejection after having two online approvals based on my previous passport.   And sure enough on Tuesday I got the email rejection from CW immigration....neither checking online or the email stated "why" it was rejected.

So, today/Thurdday I went to CW to do an in-person report...in and out in 30 minutes.  When I handed the officer my 90 day report at the 90 day counter I also pointed out my online report had just been disapproved without reason given after having two approvals.  The officer just politely waved me off as she processed my new report.  When she handed me my new 90 day receipt she then explained the online disapproval/rejection was because I had a new/renewed passport.  She also said I should have no problem getting online approval for my next report since the in-person report had updated the system to reflect the new passport.

Now one would think when a person goes to immigration to transfer stamps from the old to new passport that process would also update the online 90 day reporting system with the new passport number, but apparently it does not....it takes (or may take) an in-person report...and maybe a mail-in report will also work.

Fair enuff.

But let's not forget that when dealing in person, no 2 Immigration Offices or Officers will give identical interpretations.

Sounds like you had a "keeper".????????

2 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Fair enuff.

But let's not forget that when dealing in person, no 2 Immigration Offices or Officers will give identical interpretations.

Sounds like you had a "keeper".????????

And I found the immigration guidance that says such about an in-person report needed after getting a new passport......I edited my earlier post to show that guidance.

13 minutes ago, Pib said:

And I found the immigration guidance that says such about an in-person report needed after getting a new passport......I edited my earlier post to show that guidance.

Interestingly I used my agent in April this year to transfer the stamps and do 90 days together. I stayed at home.

IO told agent must to have letter from Oz embassy proving new passport.

I said no such letter exists. Lined copy of receipt from embassy to agent and "interpretation" solved.

Had a gut feeling it would be difficult and I have no desire to get into a argument with a IO.1????????

I just hope for my next online report is approved since I did the in-person report today to comply with the immigration requirement regarding a new passport.   The immigration officer stated it will work next time....famous last words.  I hope it does work out but I will not be able to find out until late Oct which is when I can submit my next online report.   

It will be my luck whatever the officer was doing today to update system to reflect my new passport she may have made a typo somewhere that will be enough to cause a rejection.  Ah, that's negative thinking...hopefully it will start working again for me on the next report in late Oct...time will tell. 

11 hours ago, Pib said:

I did A online report last month with my new passport number on it. Approved in a bit over one hour.

I did it the morning I was going to immigration to have my stamps transferred. I printed out the TM47 for the online report to show them when I did the report but trashed it after I got the approval.

Just did my 90 day on line using the Immigration web site successfully. Note NOT using the apps. Used my new passport which Immigration 90 days ago had transferred the key stamps from my old passport and done a 90 day simultaneously. (Jomtien)

As I had done a previous 90 day based on my new passport I received approval the next day. Next time I expect to receive an email reminder as I have now linked the new passport to my email address plus email notifications of submission and approval. Key to all this is using the main Immigration URL and not the apps.

17 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Interestingly I used my agent in April this year to transfer the stamps and do 90 days together. I stayed at home.

IO told agent must to have letter from Oz embassy proving new passport.

I said no such letter exists. Lined copy of receipt from embassy to agent and "interpretation" solved.

Had a gut feeling it would be difficult and I have no desire to get into a argument with a IO.1????????

Ditto but UK embassy provided letter requesting Immigration transfer the stamps. Agent also renewed passport for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Ditto but UK embassy provided letter requesting Immigration transfer the stamps. Agent also renewed passport for me.

Cheers. Oz embassy stamps old passport with annotation something like..."this passport replaced by passport # XXX".

IO was probably annoyed not to add one more piece of paper to the mountain.????????

As UJ said, may depend on the office.  I got a new passport in December, transferred the stamps in January, and did the 90-day online report due in February (and 2 since then) without a problem here in Chiang Mai.