U.S. President Biden's public approval rating falls to 38% new low in Gallup poll

onthedarkside

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

With respect, I would ask that you and others please stop using the anti-Semitic phrase "The Big Lie" when talking about contemporary politics. It was a key element of Nazi propaganda. Surely you can come up with something original and less bigoted?

I’m guessing the Nazis used the German Language in their propaganda.

You might know differently.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Quit with the histrionics, it’s not a Nazi propaganda phrase.

From the link above 

"Where did the term "the Big Lie" come from?

It comes from Adolf Hitler, actually. In Mein Kampf, he accused Jews of spreading lies about how the German army performed in World War I."

Adolf Hitler first defined the Big Lie as a deviant tool wielded by Viennese Jews to discredit the Germans' deportment in World War I. Yet, in tragically ironic fashion, it was Hitler and his Nazi regime that actually employed the mendacious strategy. In an effort to rewrite history and blame European Jews for Germany's defeat in World War I, Hitler and his propaganda minister accused them of profiting from the war, consorting with foreign powers and "war shirking" (avoiding conscription). Jews, Hitler contended, were the weak underbelly of the Weimer state that exposed the loyal and true German population to catastrophic collapse. To sell this narrative, Joseph Goebbels insisted "all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands."
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

With respect, I would ask that you and others please stop using the anti-Semitic phrase "The Big Lie" when talking about contemporary politics. It was a key element of Nazi propaganda. Surely you can come up with something original and less bigoted?

A true and interesting remark. It seems the expression (Grosse Lűge) was coined by Hitler.

The big lie is also known as a propaganda technique, used by the Nazis and others, I.e. Goebbels: “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Connoisseurs will identify the similarity with Bannon's precepts. Maybe an intellectual filiation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

From the link above 

"Where did the term "the Big Lie" come from?

It comes from Adolf Hitler, actually. In Mein Kampf, he accused Jews of spreading lies about how the German army performed in World War I."

Adolf Hitler first defined the Big Lie as a deviant tool wielded by Viennese Jews to discredit the Germans' deportment in World War I. Yet, in tragically ironic fashion, it was Hitler and his Nazi regime that actually employed the mendacious strategy. In an effort to rewrite history and blame European Jews for Germany's defeat in World War I, Hitler and his propaganda minister accused them of profiting from the war, consorting with foreign powers and "war shirking" (avoiding conscription). Jews, Hitler contended, were the weak underbelly of the Weimer state that exposed the loyal and true German population to catastrophic collapse. To sell this narrative, Joseph Goebbels insisted "all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands."

You’ve included a substantial ’quote’.

Why no link?

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"From the link above"

If thats to difficult to do, scroll up and click on a link, heres the same link again !!!!!!!!

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/19/politics/donald-trump-big-lie-explainer/index.html

Right, so Donald Trump adopted telling a big lie, a propaganda technique used by Hitler and the Nazis.

Well yes, the parallels were frequently pointed out.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lemmie said:

After winning more votes than any presidential candidate in US history, Joe Biden is now – just 18 months later – one of the country’s most unpopular presidents. Why would Biden be so unpopular and such a failure, he reversed most of what Trump MAGA delivered that benefited America and he basically did the exact opposite of Trump. I spose Biden is just plain dumb and disliked now.

The democrats found a way to beat Trump in 2020 but they definitely don't know how to govern and now America is in a mess and we are paying dearly for the destructive policies of the Biden admin.

Biden may be dumb, but the 81M who voted for him are looking as dumb or dumber than Biden.

The main reason is inflation, which is global phenomenon. 

BTW, what are the practical proposals from Republicans to tackle inflation on short-term? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, candide said:

BTW, what are the practical proposals from Republicans to tackle inflation on short-term? 

I think they are saying chanting Let's Go Brandon and scapegoatimg LGBT people will shrink inflation.

Of course they've got nothing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, candide said:

My plan

Fuel tax lowered

That flows onto other goods food n furniture.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

And what does the Democratic party have?  The Democrats can't/won't endorse Biden to run in 2024.  I'm sure you will disagree but LGBT-ABCDEFG issues are not issues facing the nation.  Post solutions instead of "Conservatives bad" rhetoric. Or is it you have nothing.  Biden's poll numbers are tanking the Democratic party and Kamala doesn't provide anything to back him up.  The Democratic party went woke and they will go broke in the midterms.  

For Republicans scapegoating LGBT people (culture  wars) is actually second only to the economy for their campaign strategy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

They've already said remove the brakes on domestic energy production, lower taxes and stop spending trillions more that they don't have. Of course they've done either nothing, or the exact opposite.

The energy price is not a domestic issue and It's not the local production which will have much effect. On top of it, several projects have been halted during the pandemic and it seems energy companies are not keen to invest. Biden's plan may help a bit (selling oil from strategic reserve and guarantee refill orders to producers), but not sure it will have much impact on the global market.

Lowering taxes has a similar effect as spending to help the American people (people spend more money, which increases inflation). The difference is that tax cuts à la Trump benefit the rich, while targeted subsidies can help the poor and people in need at specific occasions. Tax cuts also increase budget deficit in the same way as spending (ex. Trumps tax cuts)

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

You shouldnt mock "The Acronym". That is an act of violence that harms people. The correct acronym, at least as of today, is 2SLGBTQQIA+. Please do try to keep up. 

My internet connection is slow. I'll try to do better ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

You shouldnt mock "The Acronym". That is an act of violence that harms people. The correct acronym, at least as of today, is 2SLGBTQQIA+. Please do try to keep up. 

Whatever happened to E=mc2?

• Haha 1