U.S. House Speaker Pelosi begins Asia tour; no mention of Taiwan

Scott

Brussels, Belgium. 18th Feb.  2019. President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker meets with a Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi.

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi starts a tour of four Asian countries on Sunday, her office said, without mentioning Taiwan amid intense speculation she might visit the self-ruled island claimed by China.

“Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading a Congressional delegation to the Indo-Pacific region, including visits to Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea and Japan,” her office said in a press release.

The release said the visit would include those countries, but did not specify whether Pelosi, who is number 3 in the line of presidential succession, might make other stops.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/31/us-house-speaker-pelosi-begins-asia-tour-no-mention-of-taiwan.html

cnbc-logo - McKesson Ventures

Taking Taiwan off the public itinerary is a bad enough sign of weakness. To then turn around and try to sneak in and sneak out, because you're afraid of China, would be even worse. And of course to cancel Taiwan entirely would be surrender.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Never in my life have I been so toe-curlingly embarrassed by a political mess up. The ineptness, weakness and sheer incompetence of this Biden/Pelosi/Harris regime letting Xi own them so completely is unprecedented.

After the Afghanistan disaster, the Ukraine disaster, the economic disaster, the frailty and repeated falling over disasters, now they kowtow to China and set the stage for a Chinese invasion of Taiwan. The world just could not get any more dangerous.

3 months till midterms, let's send these clowns back to the circus and get the adults back in control.

So China is invading Taiwan now because of Pelosi's visit, is that the gist of your post?  China is heading towards an internal collapse financially, and banking disasters where large protests are gaining momentum.  Looks like the 7th fleet is in the Area.  So whose inept again.  I agree the administration is an embarrassment, but far from the truth with the Military deployments.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Never in my life have I been so toe-curlingly embarrassed by a political mess up. The ineptness, weakness and sheer incompetence of this Biden/Pelosi/Harris regime letting Xi own them so completely is unprecedented.

After the Afghanistan disaster, the Ukraine disaster, the economic disaster, the frailty and repeated falling over disasters, now they kowtow to China and set the stage for a Chinese invasion of Taiwan. The world just could not get any more dangerous.

3 months till midterms, let's send these clowns back to the circus and get the adults back in control.

Storm in a tea cup....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Nah. Nothing will change, regardless of situations.

It's coded in their cultural DNA. 

Disconnected is what the U.S. does.

Edited by zzaa09

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

She is going. Word out of Taiwan.

That is one of the reasons the 7th fleet is in the Area. Folks I still have contact with in the USAF are mission silent as of yesterday.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes she is going to Taiwan. 

Does anyone really think Xi is crazy enough to attack her?

Pelosi.

Balls of steel.

she is full of high end frozen ice cream.  Bet the planes freezer is full....She and Biden make the perfect team for Ice Cream advertisers.

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

she is full of high end frozen ice cream.  Bet the planes freezer is full....She and Biden make the perfect team for Ice Cream advertisers.

I love her for being a Baltimorean San Franciscan.

I'm not really up on the ice cream situation or should I say Gelato?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

Taking Taiwan off the public itinerary is a bad enough sign of weakness. To then turn around and try to sneak in and sneak out, because you're afraid of China, would be even worse. And of course to cancel Taiwan entirely would be surrender.

That's ridiculous.

Admit it 

You just hate democrats and would whine about however she handles this. 

Slava Ukraine!

Independence for Taiwan!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

She goes,  or she does not go.  Either way,  no war. 

If she goes,  the situation will be nasty,  still no war.

The person in question (  much disliked by Americans and worldwide  ) is not of such importance for 'make or break' that  Biden and USA military and USA public will go to war for her sake.  

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So China is invading Taiwan now because of Pelosi's visit, is that the gist of your post?  China is heading towards an internal collapse financially, and banking disasters where large protests are gaining momentum.  Looks like the 7th fleet is in the Area.  So whose inept again.  I agree the administration is an embarrassment, but far from the truth with the Military deployments.

China's internal problems might actually increase the chance of an invasion. I doubt that one carrier group is enough to make a difference these days. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sscc said:

She goes,  or she does not go.  Either way,  no war. 

If she goes,  the situation will be nasty,  still no war.

The person in question (  much disliked by Americans and worldwide  ) is not of such importance for 'make or break' that  Biden and USA military and USA public will go to war for her sake.  

Disliked by misogynists and Trumpists.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

China's internal problems might actually increase the chance of an invasion. I doubt that one carrier group is enough to make a difference these days. 

No just the Missileers in the subs is all that's needed...