Do you have a Thai name ?

Damrongsak

I legally changed my last name to my daughter's Thai name.  

Since not my blood daughter or adopted daughter, simply the village orphan, that would avoid any issues checking into a hotel with two different names.

If questioned and parents MIA, that could get a bit complicated.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

:shock1: You could have PM'd me, bro'.  ????

Sorry, I thought since you could spell it, you could pronounce it because you must hear it??

My nickname is moo ooun, which means fat pig and is a very affectionate nickname... only my wife and niece would call me that as it must be considered a bit intimate...  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sorry, I thought since you could spell it, you could pronounce it because you must hear it??

My nickname is moo ooun, which means fat pig and is a very affectionate nickname... only my wife and niece would call me that as it must be considered a bit intimate...  

I transliterated "fatso" for the amusement of those able to read Thai. I'm a little overweight, but not fat.

• Like 1

Not aware of any Thai name apart from Falang or Chip hi ???? Every Thai person I know calls me by my first name or with Lung in front of it.

On my DL my name is spelt in Thai in the same sound as my name. 

In Bangkok they pronounce the 'R' where I live they pronouce with an 'L'. 

Surname has an 'S' on the end so not pronounced. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Don't worry if you binge on carbs and sweets, don't exercise - you can get there... 

I must have gained 10 kilos over the past two years, just staying at home and eating all the time, surprisingly not so much carbs, but a lot of meat and vegetables...

Funny thing is, you don't see it, but it's just some fat in my belly.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I legally changed my last name to my daughter's Thai name.  

Since not my blood daughter or adopted daughter, simply the village orphan, that would avoid any issues checking into a hotel with two different names.

If questioned and parents MIA, that could get a bit complicated.

I understand your intention and hopefully that will work.

But I imagine if someone, i.e. a hotel manager, would ask you if you are her father or related to her. And then, if you tell the truth, you say no. Then try to explain that you changed your name to her name so that you don't have to explain why you travel together with a young girl...

I hope you have enough, and influential enough, people who can confirm your story.

P.S.: I am just playing devils advocate here. I hope nobody ever wants to create trouble for you.

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have several names given by different people. One is "Uan" - no idea why they would call me such a name. ???? 

We have a goldfish called "Owen", which is the English equivalent.