Army Receives New Armored Vehicles From U.S.

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I suppose that you are unaware  of World War 2 and the fights with Japan and the U.K and also the troubles in the South at the moment ?

Where do I find out more about those fights with Japan ?

13 hours ago, Mavideol said:

for what or more like what's the purpose, is Thailand thinking about invading a neighboring country

No, they are for prottacking their own people.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They won't stray far from Bangkok.

140 of them, so about two battalions worth.

Barely enough to secure a route, say, from the city centre to the airport!

You didn't grasp my point as there are special divisions within BKK !!!

• Like 2

arrived at Laem Chabang port in Chon Buri province for delivery to the Royal Thai Army

Probably parked along side all those fire fighting appliances awaiting someone to pay the graft errr import duties!

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

My thought? 

Sadly the U. S. Is in the business of selling when it comes to Thailand, why the need?   They have time and time again declare China as their brother!  

Brought with Chinese money will be ship to China,  they will break it down piece by piece with educated Chinese from the U. S.  Steal and copy all the technology. 

????

That wouldn't surprise me at all!

• Like 2

"Stryker vehicles are produced by General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada (GDLS-C) for the United States Army in a plant in London, Ontario.

Unit costUS$4.9 million (2012)" - wiki

14 hours ago, 2baht said:

No, they are for controlling student demonstrators and perpetrating future military coups. 

I don't think that the Military will dare to carry out another coup. The public reaction would not be like in the past. The Opposition would be huge, I think.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

I don't think that the Military will dare to carry out another coup. The public reaction would not be like in the past. The Opposition would be huge, I think.

I don't think the Military need to carry out another coup - are they not (unofficially of course!) in charge already?

Edited by sambum
Spelling
  • Like 1

Thailand is finally ready for Putin's or Xi's invasion - unclear though is, do they come with engines?

If you see, how the legalized junta is cannoning money into toys-of-boys for no apparent reason or threat, if you compare the ex works price to the landed Thailand price .......

The envelopes must have been moved by gooseneck trailers ever since 2014 ........... But, as said before, Thailand belongs to the Thais - your call! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In fiscal 2019, 2020 and 2021, the army ordered 70, 50 and 10 Stryker carriers, respectively, at a total cost of around 9.1 billion baht.

And they've been used for what? A lot of money that could have been spent on the people. Well, I suppose it was really, as the only ones the army fights are fellow Thais.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Has the Thai army fought  in a war  against foreigners?

The Burmese a while ago, but apparently they simply used some smart ladies to con the enemy and be victorious.

• Haha 2