Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act

Scott

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Oh what a juicy Billion dollar lawsuit that would be, better make it a class action lawsuit to get a few coins tossed your way for your injured ego.

Nothing to do with ego. If it turns out to be politically motivated they deserve to be sued. But yes, I could see this going one of two ways. Indictment (no guarantee of conviction of course), or a massive lawsuit against the FBI. 

Let's wait and see. Should be interesting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Bush receives them.

Carter receives them.

Obama receives them.

Clinton receives them. 

What I didn't know until today........... which I acknowledged above...........  is that Biden decided that Trump shouldn't  receive them.......... the first ever former President to be so denied.

Be that as it may, if Biden has decided that he should never consult with Trump, he's being foolish. A President has to consider things that no one else has to consider. Having an opportunity to consult with someone who's been in the same position, is invaluable........... regardless of who they are.

Good information is good information, regardless of the source!

Maybe the most laugh-out-loud post of this lengthy thread--and that's saying something considering some of the others.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Quite pathetic that you had to start by labelling my quite salient post as a rant, in order to deflect once again.

Why is it more important to you as to what evidence they had to make the raid, as opposed to whether he really had classified documents that he knew he wasn't supposed to hold?

Do you care as to whether he is guilty or are you more concerned about protecting a potential criminal?

It looks like the latter from where I am sitting.  As if you are trying to get him off the hook on a technicality. What if he is a filthy traitor, in the pocket of Putin? Have you actually ever considered that or is that too much for your mind to ever consider?

What I know about Trump is that is somewhat of a 'snake oil salesman' and a an apparent narcissist. This long before he got into politics.

As to the political side of things, again I don't get involved other than to take what he says at face value. 

I will say one thing positive about him; that he is a maverick and certainly shook things up a bit; but a lot of it was just smoke and mirrors...a bit like they way he ran his business. He fooled a lot of people, but not everyone.

quote "What if he is a filthy traitor, in the pocket of Putin?"

Probably the dumbest thing I have ever read. IF Trump was a puppet of Putin like the left claim with no evidence, why on earth did Putin not invade the Ukraine when his own puppet was leader of the free world? Makes no sense at all does it? Instead Putin waits for the incorruptible honest and tough Joe Biden and then invades? haha what nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, I’ve not claimed there is an indictment, I’ve not claimed anything has been proven in court.

On multiple occasions I explained the process by which an indictment is obtained, this will all take time.

In the meantime the FBI are entirely justified in keeping the scope and breadth of the investigations under wraps.

That they are doing so is not evidence of anything other than following cautious procedure to protect on going investigations.

Likewise, an FBI raid is not proof of Trump's guilt. If nothing is found during the raid, serious questions will need to be answered. Like I said, this isn't the local cops raiding a frat party because someone told them the kids were smoking weed.

Let's see how it plays out. As we stand, there was an unprecedented raid and no reasons for the raid have been given, and nothing has been released to indicate they found anything of note. Are the FBI hiding the stacks of evidence they found, or did they come up empty handed? We don't know. 

One of us is keeping an open mind to both eventualities.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Says Mr Neutral. Why did you leave out what they actually said?

"If disclosed, the affidavit would serve as a roadmap to the government's ongoing investigation, providing specific details about its direction and likely course, in a manner that is highly likely to compromise future investigative steps," they wrote in a court filing.

They also said the affidavit must stay sealed because the inquiry involves "highly classified materials".

Because it's word salad. Nothing of substance in there.

A standard statement that could mean they found evidence, or could mean they didn't. I know it annoys you, but I refuse to apologise for remaining open to both possibilities. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Assuming it's position is favourable.

It's also possible they found nothing, and hence have nothing to reveal. Playing for time while they try to figure a way out of this without heads rolling.

Both scenarios perfectly possible...

Let’s dispense with your failure to have heard the FBI found TS/SCI documents when they searched Mar-a-Largo:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62527628

This should save you going through the trouble of posting misinformed suggestions that nothings has been found

• Like 2

2 hours ago, androokery said:

Is this a machine? It's clear to EVERYONE that this notion of retroactive declassification is just a tactic employed after the fact. And AS SUCH - would you be comfortable with the outcome if this tactic succeeded? Even though you have NO IDEA what the documents that would then be declassified contain? That is the question.

Who am i to doubt or cast dispersion on the experts that Politifact subscribed too in describing the rights afforded to the office of the Potus to declassify/ classify with out process.

Im comfortable with the office holding these  constitutional powers!  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

You have now confirmed that you have never worked extensively with classified or in the bureaucracy of a large organization.

To answer your question:  Yes, many important documents are stored in cardboard boxes.  The security comes from the number of sturdy locks, doors, walls, and security checks a person would have to go through to get to them.  In the White House there would be a lot of security measures.  It is clear that was not the case at Mar-a-Lago.

Me I've never worked at the White House. I'm assuming you have personal knowledge of how the documents are stored at the White House. Or could it be you're making it up as you go. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, riclag said:

Who am i to doubt or cast dispersion on the experts that Politifact subscribed too in describing the rights afforded to the office of the Potus to declassify/ classify with out process.

Im comfortable with the office holding these  constitutional powers!  

You're still not answering the question though. But I can guess which way you're leaning. 

• Thanks 1