Lazada and Shopee.. Some ideas on how to save every last baht for Cheap Charlie buyers....

redwood1

6 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

When you  check out on Shopee you can enter a discount voucher code but I've never seen them offered. Where can you get these codes for Shopee and Lazada?

I don't use Shopee but on Lazada discounts are offered next to the seller's name on your cart. 

Never seen one where you enter a code in that box ???? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Whilst we are on the subject of Lazada and friends, what do you think of items "Delivered by Seller"?

image.png.6dbceeb0878e15cff28f26337d41ad97.png

I've had a couple of items that got "stuck" on the way to me, they all got delivered eventually (having taken a very "interesting" route when tracking was eventually forthcoming) but I try to avoid unless there are no other options.

Delivery not as good for sure but not a dealbreaker 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Whilst we are on the subject of Lazada and friends, what do you think of items "Delivered by Seller"?

I've had a couple of items that got "stuck" on the way to me, they all got delivered eventually but I try to avoid unless there are no other options.

Same here. Ads need to scrutinised carefully to check this very issue. Also you often don’t know when the item’s likely to be arriving when being ‘delivered by seller’.

It’s a nuisance but sometimes can’t be avoided if they’re the only place that has exactly what’s required or provides the best price.

Edited by ArnieP
  • Like 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Delivery not as good for sure but not a dealbreaker 

Yeah.

My biggest issue was a "not inexpensive" (no COD) item that was flagged as "delivered" by the seller as soon as he handed it over to his "delivery partner". He did actually send tracking info when I messaged him, but it still took 3 days when Kerry would have been next (or even same) day as the collecting office was the same as our local office.

13 minutes ago, Padthaigoong said:

Does it make any difference what card you use for either of these sites

I see Kasikorn bank have an online shopping card or do they accept UK credit cards just as easily and are there any benefits to using one or the other ?

i use my UK credit card and sometimes truemoneywallet and COD, no difference

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

You've missed one trick.

If the item cannot be found with the Lazada or Shopee search facility, do the exact same search on the Google Search, and it'll provide not only links to Lazada/Shopee and many others that didn't even appear within their websites/Apps, but often also the cheapest prices.

The only downside is they might no longer be selling or are sold out. Worth it for obscure items. And where you are on the hunt for cheap. 

You're right. Enter the item you search for in google and add Priceza to the search term

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah.

My biggest issue was a "not inexpensive" (no COD) item that was flagged as "delivered" by the seller as soon as he handed it over to his "delivery partner". He did actually send tracking info when I messaged him, but it still took 3 days when Kerry would have been next (or even same) day as the collecting office was the same as our local office.

I have had similar issues with those kinds of listings, and Lazada customer support was not helpful either, so since then I skip over them as soon as I see shipped by seller.

Besides Lazada and Shopee there are plenty of others to find good deals, especially if you are looking for some bigger or special items, like a used PC or even car. Baht & Sold, classifieds on Facebook and also Ebay! I tried them all.

And yes it is worth comparing. Some items sold on Lazada with a big discount are even cheaper on Shopee. Last year I bought a gravel bike. Lazada: big discount: from 95.000 to 37.000 Baht. Then I looked in Shopee, exactly the same bike (brand and built) for 25000 Baht! Same goes for my projector (not same price, but difference). Amounts differ sometimes into the thousands and not just one or two baht.

3 years ago I bought a PC on Baht & Sold from a guy who lived in Phuket. I paid around 18000 Baht for it. The GPU in that thing was worth more then I paid for the whole machine. And even now it runs without any issues.

Shopping around pays. 

But sometimes I prefer to pay a little more in a shop than to order it from any of the online stores. Once I bought a phone from Lazada. It was good, but those are items I prefer (also second hand) to buy from the shop where I can hold it in my hands.

What the online shops offer though are items that are hard to find in any regular shop. That's the beauty of buying online.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

I've had a couple of items that got "stuck" on the way to me, they all got delivered eventually (having taken a very "interesting" route when tracking was eventually forthcoming) but I try to avoid unless there are no other options.

But for some items it is valid as they will take care in transport and/or assemble for you - recently purchased an electric bed that would have been a nightmare DIY.  

Also, use the app on your mobile phone. They give a lot more free shipping (especially Shoppee) vouchers to entice you to buy via the app because you have that with you nearly all the time and might be tempted to buy something on the go when you wouldn't think to buy it sat at your pc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

Also, use the app on your mobile phone. They give a lot more free shipping (especially Shoppee) vouchers to entice you to buy via the app because you have that with you nearly all the time and might be tempted to buy something on the go when you wouldn't think to buy it sat at your pc.

how do you get the shoppee free shipping vouchers? no one's clarified yet

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how do you get the shoppee free shipping vouchers? no one's clarified yet

They make the (so called) free shipping so complicated that most people I think would rather pay.....Which is exactly what they want...

I tend to look for items that I think are reasonably priced, also at the product and seller ratings. If it says coming from overseas on Lazada, not interested.

Having said that, the OP is right. I was looking for a meat thermometer, I thought this is BS, the prices are 500 - 700 baht.

Sure enough, when I kept clicking and going through the pages, I got a meat thermometer for 77 baht, including shipping, from a reputable seller.

• Like 1