Jump to content

Poll shows more lax social distancing among general public


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the survey shows a 4.27% higher engagement in at-risk activities, and an 11.06% decline in mask-wearing awareness; all contributing to a higher risk for COVID-19 spread.

That's a 0.017132567% "higher risk' for Covid-19 spread. Apparently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, British Canadian said:

If you stop the Project Fear campaign, the herd will revert to normalcy, and align itself with the rational non-mask wearers.

What's rational about not wearing masks? The price of wearing a mask is almost nil  and the cost is potentially getting sick with Covid for a short/long time or death. Seems like a pretty easy cost/benefit analysis. If an individual chooses not to wear one, I don't care. I just don't want to have to pay for your health care if you do get sick. People who don't wear a mask and get sick shouldn't go to the hospital; they should just pray they get better and die/recover at home. If they wanna down a bottle of Clorox and an Ivermectin chaser while they're at it, let it rip then R.I.P. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

You sound miserable.  You probably stay home all day rubbing hand sanitizer all over the place.

Never risk getting the sniffles and a small COOF for a few days.

 

I bet you cope and seethe knowing that I am fully unvaccinated and walk around everywhere in Thailand maskless.  Go on packed BTS/MRT maskless and taxis too.

Why should I care? You do what you think is best for you. Unlike you, I don't really care what others do. That's up to them. I just don't want to be spending any money on people like you. That's all. But if you want to think that people really care about you, well... that's between you and your id. Just don't bother me with it.

 

Did you notice you couldn't offer a rationalization? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai people have become less cautious about COVID-19, according to a survey,

With things like the Full moon party being allowed it's actually being encouraged by TAT and the government.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

What's rational about not wearing masks? The price of wearing a mask is almost nil  and the cost is potentially getting sick with Covid for a short/long time or death. Seems like a pretty easy cost/benefit analysis. If an individual chooses not to wear one, I don't care. I just don't want to have to pay for your health care if you do get sick. People who don't wear a mask and get sick shouldn't go to the hospital; they should just pray they get better and die/recover at home. If they wanna down a bottle of Clorox and an Ivermectin chaser while they're at it, let it rip then R.I.P. 

If you are going to get Covid you will irrespective if you wear a mask or not. See what the Head of WHO does, there is information about it for masks and the vaccine

Edited by Photoguy21
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Is that still a thing? Was it ever, really? :coffee1:

It was [to a degree] for the first two years. 

Most have become weary of the COVID bs. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

You sound miserable.  You probably stay home all day rubbing hand sanitizer all over the place.

Never risk getting the sniffles and a small COOF for a few days.

 

I bet you cope and seethe knowing that I am fully unvaccinated and walk around everywhere in Thailand maskless.  Go on packed BTS/MRT maskless and taxis too.

Hand sanitizer apparently doesnt work as Covid is airborn spread not by touch

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

It was [to a degree] for the first two years. 

Most have become weary of the COVID bs. 

 

I traveled extensively during those first 2+ years of Covidiocy, both in the USA and here in Thailand. Can't say that I ever noticed (anti)social distancing being observed much at all, except for the rare ultra-paranoid individual.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

What's rational about not wearing masks? The price of wearing a mask is almost nil  and the cost is potentially getting sick with Covid for a short/long time or death. Seems like a pretty easy cost/benefit analysis. If an individual chooses not to wear one, I don't care. I just don't want to have to pay for your health care if you do get sick. People who don't wear a mask and get sick shouldn't go to the hospital; they should just pray they get better and die/recover at home. If they wanna down a bottle of Clorox and an Ivermectin chaser while they're at it, let it rip then R.I.P. 

Why does Rick Astley performing "Never Gonna Give You Up" come to mind?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

Hand sanitizer apparently doesnt work as Covid is airborn spread not by touch

Just do what Cha-Cha did. Spray it (airborne), over pesky people.

Problem solved🙃🙃.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Is that still a thing? Was it ever, really? :coffee1:

It only worked, sort of, a little bit, at the height of the pandemic, and that was ONLY because most people were staying at home. While the concept of social distancing is sound in theory, in practice it's pretty much impossible to implement as long as normal numbers of people are moving around - the available space for people to stand doesn't suddenly triple or quadruple just because that would make things safer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

You're absolutely right! They shouldn't go to the hospitals as it's their own fault. Same like smokers who get smoking related diseases, alcohol drinkers who get alcohol related diseases of crush their car while driving under the influence. Also obese people who just can't stop eating and then they crowd the hospitals. They should also stay home and die quietly. Yes, we should keep the hospitals free and available to only very responsible people who rap themselves in cotton and never leave home.

Are you saying that those who don't wear masks are addicted to their behavior like your other examples? I'd like to see your data on that clinical trial. As was made abundantly clear, this person doesn't wear a mask for social-political reasons and not because it makes him feel uncomfortable. Thus, your examples don't pertain to this instance. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

I traveled extensively during those first 2+ years of Covidiocy, both in the USA and here in Thailand. Can't say that I ever noticed (anti)social distancing being observed much at all, except for the rare ultra-paranoid individual.  

You mean you didn't notice that an entire class of people were working from home? You didn't notice that private and public transportation numbers were down?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

People who don't wear a mask and get sick shouldn't go to the hospital; they should just pray they get better and die/recover at home.

I think you'll find 95% plus of people who "get sick" - mask wearers or not - don't go to hospital anyway because, er, they don't need to. No need to pray to get better either, that seems to happen naturally ... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

I think you'll find 95% plus of people who "get sick" - mask wearers or not - don't go to hospital anyway because, er, they don't need to. No need to pray to get better either, that seems to happen naturally ... 

Yes, I think it's clear that we are talking about people who become acutely ill and not those whose symptoms are negligible. If you needed the clarification, so be it. 

 

Sadly, too many people are not getting better naturally and dying in the US. The seven day daily average is ~400. Thankfully, it's predominantly in the "stupid" sub pop but it's resources that could be put to better use.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearly everyone has had it and was OK, so no one cares now, apart from the paranoid people who want to hide their ugly mugs. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Poll shows more lax social distancing among general public

Because the Covid fear campaign is getting old and people are getting tired of it.  Most people I know are fully vaxxed.  Most people I know wear masks.  Most people I know have had Covid.  No one I know have died or have been seriously sick.

Move this to the category of an infectious disease like the flu and get back to normal.  Not 'new normal' - normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Always go on BTS and MRT maskless.  Never do those stupid hand temperature things either.

 

Weird that so many people still wear masks.  Likely just some weird peer pressure thing.

It's a habit as well. I recall a street poll after the mandates were dropped in the US, asking masked people why they still wore it. I was surprised and appalled at how many people gave answers like "it feels weird without it", "I'm used to it now" etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

You mean you didn't notice that an entire class of people were working from home? You didn't notice that private and public transportation numbers were down?  

To clarify, was referring to voluntary distancing. Out in public, shopping...and on busses, trains and planes. Wasn't happening. People forced to distance is a given. Not the point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

To clarify, was referring to voluntary distancing. Out in public, shopping...and on busses, trains and planes. Wasn't happening. People forced to distance is a given. Not the point. 

What are you talking about? In most of the world, the economy quickly went into steep recessions and governments had to spend substantial resources propping up private enterprise. Mall traffic plummeted; Instacart and food delivery services took off; restaurants closed permanently; air traffic shrank to the point that we don't have sufficient staff and now have quotas at the busiest airports on passenger traffic . In Bangkok, you can walk down Silom Street and see the ravages of Covid on commerce. At times, I could get on the BTS and have the place to myself. You can still go in the dining hall in BangRak and the place is deserted at 6pm because people are staying away from mass gatherings. You must be living in some sort of small village of 10-20 people. Either that or your powers of observation are minimal, at best. Thankfully, we seem headed in the right direction now but not without significant damage, some of it unnecessary, I'm sorry to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

What are you talking about? In most of the world, the economy quickly went into steep recessions and governments had to spend substantial resources propping up private enterprise. Mall traffic plummeted; Instacart and food delivery services took off; restaurants closed permanently; air traffic shrank to the point that we don't have sufficient staff and now have quotas at the busiest airports on passenger traffic . In Bangkok, you can walk down Silom Street and see the ravages of Covid on commerce. At times, I could get on the BTS and have the place to myself. You can still go in the dining hall in BangRak and the place is deserted at 6pm because people are staying away from mass gatherings. You must be living in some sort of small village of 10-20 people. Either that or your powers of observation are minimal, at best. Thankfully, we seem headed in the right direction now but not without significant damage, some of it unnecessary, I'm sorry to say.

It is not covid that has ravaged economies, it is a combination of the authorities reactions to Covid and the end result of project fear.  Simple as that !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...