Visa Run

Need to do visa run from Bangkok next week. Any one done one recently? Haven't done one before and assistance as to how to go about it will be highly appreciated. Extension of stay for ED visa has come to an end and would like to get visa exempt or tourist visa to enter Thailand again.

Thank you

OP, if you are looking for a tourist visa I would consider Saigon, especially as you are located in Bangkok.

Add few days and make it a trip.

For Visa exempt reentry just quickest border. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

As suggested by @ubonjoe, if you just want a visa exempt entry, using one of the border crossings with Cambodia is probably appropriate. (However, do not use the easiest at Aranyaprathet/Poipet which is a rogue crossing.) While you can save a little money, in principle, by making the trip independently, using the services of a visa run company may be wiser for a first timer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont understand why people suggest Cambodia border. I read terrible things about the border and also im one of that terrible stories. It happened with my non-o multi. I would do my best to avoid from there. 

Everyone knows and agree that Thai-Laos border is the most friendly one. Mukdahan / Savanakhet. Although i dont know if its open for the thing you want to do. If not, Cambodia can be the second option. If laos is not an option I would choose @DrJack54 suggestion, Saigon. But its kind of long and lot of time and probably lot of money. And obviously you are looking for a very fast and quick way to do this. So 3 options:

- Laos: if possible.

- Saigon: friendly, more money and time.

- Cambodia: not friendly but best option if that 2 option is not possible.

PS: you really really no need to use any agency for your trip or else. Dont listen to people suggest that. They will do nothing special. You will still be the one who ahs to do all paper work, and everything. so they are not doing anything BUT take more money than you would pay by yourself. The bus from bangkok to cambodia border is around 450-500 baht. Also they will stop at a PTT gas station in the middle of the night, then ask you to fill the forms for the visa and other things i front of the toilet.. trust me, you want to go by yourself. 

Edited by problemfarang

On 8/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, Photoguy21 said:

I have not done it for years but when I did I used to get a cheap flight to KL and the same flight back again.

For getting a >visa exempt< entry (30 days) this is indeed most convenient from Bangkok.

Seems not too good for visa at KL consulate.

Edited by KhunBENQ