Allegedly intoxicated foreign driver collides with family of four on motorcycle in Pattaya

webfact

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

should be looking 100m ahead

Do you have trouble understanding? In the video I have vision for way more than that but how to you account for someone unseen coming out of a side road? Of course you'd have seen him. ????

Edited by IvorBiggun2

39 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Please watch the video. it will help. Start from 4 minutes in please.

Clearly 100% the motorcyclists fault... 

But... that will not be enough for some posters here who with 20/20 hindsight will be tell you how you could have avoided the incident, breaded earlier, predicted what might happen etc etc...

To be honest, when the motorcyclist first pulled out there was an element of disbelief; body not believing the eyes....  then I figured the motorcyclist may be going straight across the road...  

The relevance to your video ? - Even though it is anecdotal, it is perfect evidence of the utter flookwittery we see on the roads.

Does this video mean the foreign guy hitting the 4 on the motorcycle were not at fault? No.. it doesn’t mean that, but it does highlight how the incident could have been the fault of the motorcyclist carrying 3 passengers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few weeks ago, while taking my son and my neighbours daughter to school around 6:45 am I nearly hit a scooter with 2 schoolgirls on it. It was red plated and neither girl girl was wearing a helmet.

They came from the side road to my left and I always go slowly there. They shot straight out in front of me and nearly hit a car coming the other way.

Fortunately I WAS looking ahead as well as in my mirrors and braked hard to the left and stopped.

OTOH the 2 girls rode gaily on to the same school that my kids go to, completely oblivious to their near death or injury experience.

Whose fault would it have been?

Probably mine if the person going the other way had just kept going, even though the fault was 100% the girls for not looking or stopping.

Memo to self. GET a car camera fitted. It could save a lot of hassle.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Do you have trouble understanding? In the video I have vision for way more than that but how to you account for someone unseen coming out of a side road? Of course you'd have seen him. ????

You seem to have reaction issues, maybe your age, you should have seen him easy and slowed down

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You seem to have reaction issues, maybe your age, you should have seen him easy and slowed down

Looking at the scene on your computer a while after the accident and commenting is so easy.

If you were not there and you were not, you have absolutely no idea what went on or what went through his mind at the the time.

There is a reaction time, a I cannot believe that the guy can be so stupid as to cut across in front of me without looking, and that is the process time in your mind before your instincts take over.

You can tell people what you would do IF you were in his place. What you CANNOT do is actually be in his place.

I wrote in a post a little earlier when I almost hit 2 school girls on a scooter who pulled straight out of a junction without looking. Would you like to analyse that and tell everybody where I went wrong, whilst sitting at your computer.

If you were not there it is only your opinion, and quite frankly reading this thread, your opinion is not worth much. However, that is only my opinion. Others may agree or disagree with me, or you for that matter.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Looking at the scene on your computer a while after the accident and commenting is so easy.

If you were not there and you were not, you have absolutely no idea what went on or what went through his mind at the the time.

There is a reaction time, a I cannot believe that the guy can be so stupid as to cut across in front of me without looking, and that is the process time in your mind before your instincts take over.

You can tell people what you would do IF you were in his place. What you CANNOT do is actually be in his place.

I wrote in a post a little earlier when I almost hit 2 school girls on a scooter who pulled straight out of a junction without looking. Would you like to analyse that and tell everybody where I went wrong, whilst sitting at your computer.

If you were not there it is only your opinion, and quite frankly reading this thread, your opinion is not worth much. However, that is only my opinion. Others may agree or disagree with me, or you for that matter.

I'm amazed many think that driving in the video is ok, and yours, surprising also, after an accident or near miss you should analyse what happened to see if there is anything you could have done to avoid the accident, or what you did wrong, few do that, you certainly don't 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It's an example of what the natives get up to. A one legged man riding a motorcycle, no license, no insurance, no brains add what you will. 

Yes, 1 (ONE) example. There are about 70 million people in the country. I think you need a lot more examples to make it worth something.

Look here! I have this one; Car crashes UK's best - Bing video

Now we have to start blame all britons for every accident in the world, right?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

Please don't deflect to other countries this is Thailand so post things that are relevant to Thailand. And by the way, 70 million people don't drive in Thailand either so why not post figures something more representative, that may make people consider your post has an element of legitimacy rather than just plain stupid deflection.

It´s totally relevant to this thread is I chose to compare with another country. That´s not deflecting. A don´t worry, I can say the total population in another country too. What you did here, was to completely look away from the meaning. That was you can not have one example of something and think it´s something that stands for the majority.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

It´s totally relevant to this thread is I chose to compare with another country. That´s not deflecting. A don´t worry, I can say the total population in another country too. What you did here, was to completely look away from the meaning. That was you can not have one example of something and think it´s something that stands for the majority.

Stop talking total gibberish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2022 at 12:03 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Hope the foreigner pays millions

Whatever he is made to pay for his freedom, and to compensate the injured, or family of the deceased, it would have surely bought a lot of taxi rides.

Drink driving / riding is not only illegal, the risk makes no economic sense. 

20 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Allegedly. Nothing proven. 

My comment was hypothetical - the point is how "blame" doesn't work in tackling road safety and scientific analysis is needed which the Thai police can't do.

Edited by Thunglom

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even if he is found to be over the limit that does not necessarily mean that he caused the accident involving the bike with four people on it.

No, but according to Thai law, it will make him responsible. We are living in Thailand, right? Time to start act like that.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm amazed many think that driving in the video is ok, and yours, surprising also, after an accident or near miss you should analyse what happened to see if there is anything you could have done to avoid the accident, or what you did wrong, few do that, you certainly don't 

There you go again. Having no idea what was happening when I nearly hit 2 school girls on a scooter. Are you not capable of comprehension? They came straight out of a side road without looking or stopping, going fast enough to almost cross the single YELLOW line, and just missing a car coming the other way on its side of the road, and you think that my driving was at fault?

To begin with

1   I was on the major road and had priority at the junction anyway.

2  The scooter driver did not look where she was going. How do I know? Unlike you I WAS there and having driven that road for nearly 6 years and I KNOW where stupid people pull out and where it is safer to drive a little faster.

3   She was driving too fast for the time of day which was early morning during the school run.

4   No helmets on either girl

Unlike you I rarely comment on how people drive as I am not in the vehicle with them. You OTOH think that from a video or a description, you know exactly what happened, how many vehicles and where they were,, the road and weather conditions at the time, and then you can say who was at fault.

Sadly for you, you cannot, and without actually being in the vehicle and driving it you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, as usual.

When the problem is yours then perhaps people will take some notice of your stupid comments. Until then it is only your opinion and worth nothing.

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

No, but according to Thai law, it will make him responsible. We are living in Thailand, right? Time to start act like that.

2 totally conflicting posts.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:21 AM, Excel said:

Where does it say he was drink driving ? The police don't only stated they would have him undertake an alcohol test  at the police station. Or do you work in the police station and know the outcome of that test ? Perhaps you were the unnamed witness who stated he appeared intoxicated ?

Maybe he was DUI in which case he should feel the full force of the law but there again we don't know nor at this time who was at fault.  Whilst most people driving Fortuners are poor drivers, and that's being polite, let's wait for the police report before jumping to conclusions especially that 4 people on a motor cycle is hardly a safe and controllable form of transportation.

and when are you/us going to see a Police report ????

18 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

and when are you/us going to see a Police report ????

Whether question like that I assume you must be in a parallel universe. Alternatively you could always ask the RTP when they are going to release the report to yourself or ASEAN

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

2 totally conflicting posts.

Nope! As they are not even connected, they can not be conflicting.

Also, you should not drive into Thai people on the road. If you learn to think like them in Traffic, you will manage to stay out of such awful things.

Edited by Gottfrid

16 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

If you learn to think like them in Traffic, you will manage to stay out of such awful things.

Well how come Thailand has one of the highest road deaths listings per year.  Trolling What a silly statement to make.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

12 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Well how come Thailand has one of the highest road deaths listings per year.  Trolling What a silly statement to make.

Sure they have. Like USA have the most mass shootings in schools. Not hear that children should be afraid to go school, though.

But, In Thailand and specifically on this forum, there is a need to say everything that is bad in Thailand, and it´s never a foreigners fault. Better you go feed your own troll.

• Confused 1