Allegedly intoxicated foreign driver collides with family of four on motorcycle in Pattaya

webfact

22 hours ago, anchadian said:

Hope the family recover soon but a family of 4 on a motorcycle, will they be prosecuted?  No, I doubt it.

This is Thailand.

As victims of an accident that's doubtful... [although they were technically illegal].

On 8/20/2022 at 7:03 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Hope the foreigner pays millions

maybe he was over the limit but that doesnt excuse the stupidity of the motor cycle rider for having 4 people on a bike built FOR 2. So they each pay half maybe then these Thais will learn the road rules

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If she'd been taught by a Thai  in the ways they drive I'd imagine she'd be dead by now.

Only if he's found to be guilty. What a lynch mob we have on this thread.

Oh so you were there? Amazing.

Just to sum it up. If it was a Thai that hit a foreigner on a motorbike, you would surely sound the same. ????

On 8/20/2022 at 7:15 AM, scubascuba3 said:

If he was drunk driving and his fault he should be prosecuted and pay up, maybe the lawyer can mitigate if no helmets, licence, too many people

I dont often 100% agree with you but i Do about the foreigner needing to pay up. Thailand does need any selfish foreigners that drink and drive. There are enough Thais doing that already. Anyone drunk (or high) and driving should be fined those that hit other people should be jailed mandatory.

All that BS about the 4 ppl on the MC yes its bad but necessity, drinking and driving is far worse then a family that needs to survive using the only vehicule they have. Different from a foreigner spending money to drink but too cheap to use a taxi.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Thailand does need any selfish foreigners that drink and drive.

There is no evidence that he was DWI. Stop spouting tosh. Until the police publish their results everything is speculation. Robblok check your English.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 7:20 AM, pomchop said:

Wow some disgusting responses here...lets blame the victims especially the kids who should have not been riding 4 on a bike and how dare u not wear a helmet.  A DRUNK GUY hit them.

Allegedly drunk guy

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, actonion said:

He's a foreigner  he's in Thailand....  that  in my experiences makes him in the wrong...

its amazing that you managed to make it through any schooling system. i guess thinking isnt a requirement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

There is no evidence that he was DWI. Stop spouting tosh. Until the police publish their results everything is speculation. Robblok check your English.

sure mate normally we already discuss based on this besides there will always be guys like you defending the foreigner.

35 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I think you mean DOESN'T need any selfish foreigners.

Sorry brain was not totally awake. 

Anyway if the guy was drunk / high whatever hang him high and make him pay (selfish act and preventable by taking a taxi. If you can afford to drink you can pay for a taxi or not drink / or get high)

For the family there was probably no other way then to go with 4 on a bike money wise. Its a question of life and no other choices. So it far less a crime then having fun drinking and so on and then driving when so many taxis are there.

I really find this a selfish act.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, robblok said:

sure mate normally we already discuss based on this besides there will always be guys like you defending the foreigner.

Cuz I am a foreigner and treated as one by the Thais. Watch the video in my next post.

3 hours ago, a977 said:

maybe he was over the limit but that doesnt excuse the stupidity of the motor cycle rider for having 4 people on a bike built FOR 2. So they each pay half maybe then these Thais will learn the road rules

having 4 on the motorbike didn't cause the accident, sounds like most likely a drunken foreigner, see if anything comes out in the news

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Please watch the video. it will help. Start from 4 minutes in please.

A Thai guy at just after 4 minutes comes out of a junction to my right. He only looks at the last minute but continues to cross over to get in front of me. The accident was unavoidable on my part, I wasn't speeding and I wasn't DWI.

If you look carefully whilst the guy is collecting himself, post collision, you'll see he's flicking his right leg. The leg/foot that operates the brakes. He has/had no right leg. It was a prosthetic one. He shouldn't have been out on the motorcycle. He had no insurance etc etc.

Okay the police turn up and an ambulance and off he goes to hospital with minor injuries. The police take my details and I go home. Just after arriving home I got a visit from my insurance agent. I told him I had the accident on dash cam just before a police officer arrived and told me to report to the station. So off I go along with the insurance agent.

I was directed to a room for what I assumed was for an interview. I entered into another world. The place was filled with the mans family. It looked like party time. I thought this is all done and dusted and I'm done for. I assumed the one legged man had already been interviewed. I had no one to speak on my behalf except the insurance man. Now I'm bricking it as obviously the family were looking to compensation. 

The insurance agent had taken a copy of the above video before we went to the station and he asked if the officer could take a look at it along with family members. Once that had been done the one legged man was asked to go out the room. His family was then spoken to. They were told that the man was not to ride a motorcycle anymore.

The police were going to level a 13 hundred Baht fine on him but due to him being poor they waived it. I was allowed to go, no charges. 

I didn't come out of it Scot Free even though I was the innocent party. I lost the use of my car for 2-3 weeks and had to pay for fluids that were used in the repair. <deleted> Thais and the way they take reasonability for their actions on their roads.

I'd say you were partly responsible, you were very slow to brake, should have seen him pull out, you should be looking ahead. Obviously he should have looked and not pulled out but you could have avoided it

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Please watch the video. it will help. Start from 4 minutes in please.

A Thai guy at just after 4 minutes comes out of a junction to my right. He only looks at the last minute but continues to cross over to get in front of me. The accident was unavoidable on my part, I wasn't speeding and I wasn't DWI.

If you look carefully whilst the guy is collecting himself, post collision, you'll see he's flicking his right leg. The leg/foot that operates the brakes. He has/had no right leg. It was a prosthetic one. He shouldn't have been out on the motorcycle. He had no insurance etc etc.

Okay the police turn up and an ambulance and off he goes to hospital with minor injuries. The police take my details and I go home. Just after arriving home I got a visit from my insurance agent. I told him I had the accident on dash cam just before a police officer arrived and told me to report to the station. So off I go along with the insurance agent.

I was directed to a room for what I assumed was for an interview. I entered into another world. The place was filled with the mans family. It looked like party time. I thought this is all done and dusted and I'm done for. I assumed the one legged man had already been interviewed. I had no one to speak on my behalf except the insurance man. Now I'm bricking it as obviously the family were looking to compensation. 

The insurance agent had taken a copy of the above video before we went to the station and he asked if the officer could take a look at it along with family members. Once that had been done the one legged man was asked to go out the room. His family was then spoken to. They were told that the man was not to ride a motorcycle anymore.

The police were going to level a 13 hundred Baht fine on him but due to him being poor they waived it. I was allowed to go, no charges. 

I didn't come out of it Scot Free even though I was the innocent party. I lost the use of my car for 2-3 weeks and had to pay for fluids that were used in the repair. F*** Thais and the way they take reasonability for their actions on their roads.

So, just because you have 1 video showing an example, that has what weight in this case/thread?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd say you were partly responsible, you were very slow to brake, should have seen him pull out, you should be looking ahead. Obviously he should have looked and not pulled out but you could have avoided it

I guess, in hindsight, you should/could have gone to the right of the motorcycle.

12 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

So, just because you have 1 video showing an example, that has what weight in this case/thread?

It's an example of what the natives get up to. A one legged man riding a motorcycle, no license, no insurance, no brains add what you will. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

and brake? couldn't see any slowing down, should be looking 100m ahead

To be honest I thought he was gonna stick to the right hand lane like they usually do and cross over when he's checked for vehicle in the left lane. Normal practice here but this loon was on a death wish.

• Like 1