Allegedly intoxicated foreign driver collides with family of four on motorcycle in Pattaya

webfact

Oh dear he will be up for alot of baht to the family.Whether they  all had helmets and 4 on the bike is illegal  or no  license.All his fault,if you were not in thailand this would not happen.You may as well say u lose everything now.My friend had a bike accident he admitted his fault,he paid everything to fix the bike even if it was not caused by the accident.Would have being cheaper to buy a new scooter for her in his words.Another time a drunk thai hit the pick up,farang husband thai wife.Police said not your fault don,t worry,they found my friends address.everyday come round to say u killed my father or husband.In the end the thai wife said pay them the money £1000 pound and they left them alone.He is now in a no win situation over this

Edited by bristolgeoff

On 8/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

And the same applies to 4 on a motorcycle.

Ok, but there most probably would be quite a disparity in financial capacity between the foreigner and the Thai. 

I'm not condoning four on a bike.  I am focusing on a foreigner driving / riding whilst drunk, just to save a few baht on public transport. 

He may now lose his life savings for trying to save that few baht.  For me, it's simply not worth the risk.  

Edited by Leaver