Allegedly intoxicated foreign driver collides with family of four on motorcycle in Pattaya

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

An allegedly intoxicated foreign driver of unknown nationality reportedly cut off a family of four

This is anti-falang for sure!!!!   Drunk falang cuts off Thai family!!!!  horrible!!! the worst!!!!

The article is clearly leaning against the falang.

The family will pay money or be charged?  zero percent.

The falang will pay whatever money is needed, maybe arrested.

This is just another bad, bad look on the falang in Thailand.

"allegedly" isn't good enough here.  It means "sure" in the eyes of Thais.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, stoner said:

that's how thousands travel illegally every day

Now if the Thais hadn't broke the law there wouldn't have been as many people injured. If the farang is found guilty then they should take the Thais stupidity into account as well.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I still wonder, why so many of you comes to Thailand, and constantly tries to find wrong with Thai people?

Been here married for 17 years and have 3 teenage children. Thais as well as farangs show their stupidity at times, more so the Thais. Even my wife gets short tempered at the way some/most behave and act. I taught my missus to drive and it's her that now points out the error of their ways. So it's not all a one sided issue. This is basically a farang oriented site. If they have the same but in my country I'm 100% sure they would take the same views on us as we do on them.

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe those complaining about families on motor bikes should buy them all a nice little car, and pay all the costs involved in running it, also make a cement road up the dirt track to their often run down shacks.

So we need to have one set of laws for the poor, and another for the rich....... or one set for Thais, another for foreigners? Probably we got that already! Is that how they do it where you hail from?

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It's not proven he was driving under the influence of drink. No proof he caused the accident. Only proof we have is the Thais were driving illegally without the the legal requirement expected of them.

Did you forget that he refused to give his name? 

So, would the innocent party in an accident normally refuse to give his name so that he can get compensated? Hardly... ???? 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Haha 1

Farangs in Pattaya have in my 35 years  experience here in Thailand, regularly been told by police, following an accident, that if they weren't here the accident would not have happened. The same could be said of the 4 people on the motorbike, except that they should not have all been on the same motorbike!. That does not excuse the allegedly intoxicated foreigner in any way,  but simply had the 4 on the bike obeyed Thai law, they would not have been injured.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

Hope the family recover soon but a family of 4 on a motorcycle, will they be prosecuted?  No, I doubt it.

This is Thailand.

Poor families can't afford  your justice or expensive cars.I hope the foreigner, notice the abscence of the term  'farang' gets a hefty prison sentence  and has to pay compensation

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Farangs in Pattaya have in my 35 years  experience here in Thailand, regularly been told by police, following an accident, that if they weren't here the accident would not have happened. The same could be said of the 4 people on the motorbike, except that they should not have all been on the same motorbike!. That does not excuse the allegedly intoxicated foreigner in any way,  but simply had the 4 on the bike obeyed Thai law, they would not have been injured.

Two might have bee  injured Or even killed by a  DRUNK DRIVER. 4 on a bike It's  part  of life here and accepted for poor families and they grow  up with the skills and abilities- far more so than western drivers.  But in this case A DRUNK DRIVER caused seriously  injury to little  children.  Apparently  posters on this forum would  like to  see the children punished for being poor.. personally I don't  know who is more ghastly the self  righteous or the drunk  drivers.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But in this case A DRUNK DRIVER caused seriously  injury to little  children.

Allegedly. 

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Apparently  posters on this forum would  like to  see the children punished for being poor

Who sez they're poor? Just you Hammer. My family have a motorcycle side car. Are we poor? No. Far from it. Same goes for others around here who ride motorcycle sidecars. It is what it is and it serves a purpose, rich or poor.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

There are laws, which when not enforced likely contribute to the accident rate. Whether driving when drunk or with drugs inside, overloaded motorbikes, people in the rear of pick-ups, or a whole host of motoring infractions, including speeding , regardless of whether the transgressor is a Thai, tourist, foreigner or whatever, they should all be prosecuted to the full extent of Thai law.  Knowing that their refusal to obey the law will cost them one way or another, may just make them think twice and save much injury and death..  Nobody much cares at the moment, because its "what we do and what we have always done and the police will just turn a blind eye"!

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Do you really think the witness would come out on the side of the farang?  ????

Yes and they do. In the past year, I've had Thais testify on my behalf when a Thai had lodged a police complaint against me. A close friend who got hit by a car is currently negotiating compensation with the Thai driver and is being fully assisted by the police. You need to get out of the miserable farang bar more often.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Who's going to pay for the damage to the Fortuna?

IF(?) he has insurance it's more likely he will. As I doubt the Thai will have. If they were on a motorcycle side car there is no way they will have insurance. If they were insured on a normal motorcycle then it's more than likely the insures will not pay cuz of the amount of people on the vehicle. Either way the farang pays for his Fortuner.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

Hope the family recover soon but a family of 4 on a motorcycle, will they be prosecuted?  No, I doubt it.

This is Thailand.

was that more important to you than a drunk behind the wheel since you never mentioned it.

I hope they all fully recover too and the drunk driver goes in the slammer - gets deported and pays a hefty fine and compensation, drunk drivers are killers

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Well you don’t know, do you. It was ‘alleged’. How would you like it if strangers implied you were guilty and should pay millions if an illegally ridden motorbike ran into you?

You can read, right? 

IF !!!! He wrote IF he [the foreigner] was drunk….

If not & the collision was not his fault, then ok. 
If Drunk & the collision was his fault, throw the book at him. 

I agree with the comments about mitigating circumstances regarding. 4 on a bike & no helmets.