Haval Ultra H6 HEV?

proton

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Never heard of them until Tim Newton said he had bought one. Amazing the amount of CCP supporters there are on here.

So we become supporters if we buy a product that has Chinese parts in or on it, what does that make you?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Makes me a far less of a supporter than the hypocrites who don't care about the suffering the CCP are responsible for, and who will buy anything 100% from CCP land

Life goes on for the world and to do as you suggest would plummet whole industries into chaos, worldwide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

Makes me a far less of a supporter than the hypocrites who don't care about the suffering the CCP are responsible for, and who will buy anything 100% from CCP land

From what I know about world history, most of the suffering is caused by Western powers (and also Japanese imperialism). Just look at what’s happening in Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and Yemen to name a few.

53 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The Haval looks nice, I wouldn't buy it though just to save money. 

The Haval H6 PHEV (if launched) will be the market leader with a claimed nedc range of 201 km. BYD intends to launch a similar range PHEV. BMW has a miserly range of about 40-50 kms, same for Volvo (which is incidentally a Chinese company) and apart from the Rav Prime, the Japanese are not even in the race.

Thank you Chinese manufacturers, for making ownership of electrified vehicles a compelling and viable option to ICE.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

The Haval H6 PHEV (if launched) will be the market leader with a claimed nedc range of 201 km. BYD intends to launch a similar range PHEV. BMW has a miserly range of about 40-50 kms, same for Volvo (which is incidentally a Chinese company) and apart from the Rav Prime, the Japanese are not even in the race.

Thank you Chinese manufacturers, for making ownership of electrified vehicles a compelling and viable option to ICE.

And, I wouldn't buy anything hybrid or electric. Diesel for me.

• Like 1

We're looking for a replacement for our X-Trail, and I looked at the H6 and Jolion.  They look good and the interior design is very nice, plus the feature list is impressive.  I also like that GWM is investing in Thailand.

My main concern was the unknown factor of depreciation.  In Thailand, if you stray from the Toyota path, you get punished at trade in time.

There's also no 4 WD option.

3 hours ago, proton said:

Silly excuse, it's not about avoiding parts but avoiding CCP companies. We should be restricting our support of the Chinese economy as much as possible. Buy Japanese, Korean or American with a few Chinese parts is far more ethical than buying from a red Chinese company.

I agree with your sentiments and admire your viewpoint.

I have close friends in Taiwan and for years they have had to put up with the threats of violence from the CCP.

Of course , the tentacles of Chinese industry are so widespread that it is nigh on impossible to buy electrical good that don't have a Chinese component. But it does not follow that I should think

' Oh to hell with what the CCP are doing, I just want what's best for me and the devil take the hindmost ' 

And then make no attempt to minimize the amount of tax revenue the CCP can collect to use in pursuing their expansionist aims.

It reminds me of people who take zero interest in this or that disease but as soon they or one of the loved ones gets struck down by one they devote themselves to awareness campaigns and go fund me activities. Not until something bad touches them personally do they feel the bite. Their indifference and apathy that went before stand in stark contrast to their new aware ness.

As for this :

image.jpeg.61e48bdf0ac3f595a88ceab6e505be42.jpeg

Ugly front end and likely will not hold its value as well as a Toyota. Cheaper is more expensive in the end.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Thai actually, Parent company is Chinese but that is irrelevant.

I don't think you can say they're a Thai company. There are Thai entities incorporated here but the directors and shareholders are all Chinese (actually the shareholders are HK companies but I suspect they'll be ultimately owned by BVI or Cayman holdcos).

GREAT WALL MOTOR SALES (THAILAND) COMPANY LIMITED (incorporated Jan 2020, Reg Cap THB 330 million) 

GREAT WALL MOTOR MANUFACTURING (THAILAND) COMPANY LIMITED (incorporated 1992 Reg Cap THB 8.8 billion) 

IMO Chinese companies are ahead of the curve with EV development, with exception of Tesla, because the Chinese motor industry has made EVs a core focus. 

Would I buy one in Thailand? Only if I lived in Bangkok, which is where the sales and service network is currently focused, and where an EV makes the most sense if cutting out short duration high emission journeys is a goal. Yet they're still niche brands. And since modern cars are usually stuffed full of tech, dealer servicing is mandatory unless you want to void warranty. More stuff to malfunction, too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mavideol said:

would like to see a link to that statement.... or did you mean "some" for the local market and yet still Tesla technology

A Closer Look at the ‘Blade Battery' That Tesla Will Reportedly Use for its $25,000 EV

The auto industry was abuzz last week after reports that electric automaker Tesla will use a new type of “Blade Battery” for its rumored “Model 2”, a compact and affordable EV that will reportedly cost under $25,000 and offer a range of around 250 miles. The new Blade Battery was developed by FinDreams Battery, an independent subsidiary of Chinese automaker BYD, which is also a major supplier of EV batteries to other automakers.

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

I don't think you can say they're a Thai company. There are Thai entities incorporated here but the directors and shareholders are all Chinese (actually the shareholders are HK companies but I suspect they'll be ultimately owned by BVI or Cayman holdcos).

GREAT WALL MOTOR SALES (THAILAND) COMPANY LIMITED (incorporated Jan 2020, Reg Cap THB 330 million) 

GREAT WALL MOTOR MANUFACTURING (THAILAND) COMPANY LIMITED (incorporated 1992 Reg Cap THB 8.8 billion) 

IMO Chinese companies are ahead of the curve with EV development, with exception of Tesla, because the Chinese motor industry has made EVs a core focus. 

Would I buy one in Thailand? Only if I lived in Bangkok, which is where the sales and service network is currently focused, and where an EV makes the most sense if cutting out short duration high emission journeys is a goal. Yet they're still niche brands. And since modern cars are usually stuffed full of tech, dealer servicing is mandatory unless you want to void warranty. More stuff to malfunction, too.

Thanks, so registered Thai company is a Thai company... that will save the confusion others seem to be experiencing.

15 hours ago, Kinnock said:

We're looking for a replacement for our X-Trail, and I looked at the H6 and Jolion.  They look good and the interior design is very nice, plus the feature list is impressive.  I also like that GWM is investing in Thailand.

My main concern was the unknown factor of depreciation.  In Thailand, if you stray from the Toyota path, you get punished at trade in time.

There's also no 4 WD option.

Long term durability is also an unknown. Maybe not, if you want to sell after 5 years. Another unknown is also battery/module replacement cost after the warranty has expired. Even old toyota camry hybrids are very cheap now; many won't touch them. 

People with MG's have had issues with getting spare parts from China, with waits of 2-3 months. Unless these manufacturers can had an adequate supply of spares at hand, I wouldn't go near one at this time. There are plenty of economical hybrids assembled locally. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

And, I wouldn't buy anything hybrid or electric. Diesel for me.

Curious as to why. Are you not interested in new technology that is more efficient? Would you prefer to ride in a diesel powered train as opposed to a high speed electric train? Or maybe you believe steam is best?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Curious as to why. Are you not interested in new technology that is more efficient? Would you prefer to ride in a diesel powered train as opposed to a high speed electric train? Or maybe you believe steam is best?

Coal fired train to make the boiler boil and steam.  looks like we will be going back to the future of the early days......Everything green and EV has to use some type of fuel to make the power unless the car will be a fully integrated electric vehicle with its own solar panels, but then what happens when it rains or is cloudy.

8 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Personally I think hybrid is a marketing trick rather than a genuine environmental benefit.

Manufacturing involves the worst of old and new technology, then at end of life there's the challenge of disposal of the toxic batteries.

Then there's the concerns about long term reliability, especially in a country where driving through floods is common.

I'd guess that a tough, old tech diesel engined truck or SUV that probably has a useful working life of over 10 years is actually less harmful to the environment than a hybrid with its shorter working life due to battery degradation and low resale prices making repairs uneconomic.

Sure, a diesel creates more local soot pollution, but when considering total life cycle impact on the environment, they must have a lower impact than an electric car that carts its own generator everywhere.

I get full electric cars, so long as the electricity is from a renewable source (so not in Thailand), but hybrid has the disadvantages of old and new technologies, and the only theoretical advantage is better fuel efficiency, but you can achieve this more effectively by just buying a smaller car.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Fine if you want to support the Chinese Communist Party.

I don’t see anything wrong with that. 1.4 billion people do anyway. But I see it more as supporting industries and innovations that will ultimately improve the lives of millions of people.

3 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Bangkok and any other major city in Thailand that has high traffic volumes. I live about 15 kms outside of CM so I can envisage that 90% of my driving will be emission free (good for the city) and at a fraction of the price.

GWM has a dealer and service centre in pretty much every changwat so I suspect it won’t be any better or worse than BKK.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t see anything wrong with that. 1.4 billion people do anyway. But I see it more as supporting industries and innovations that will ultimately improve the lives of millions of people.

It improves the lives of many Thai's by giving them employment.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Personally I think hybrid is a marketing trick rather than a genuine environmental benefit.

Manufacturing involves the worst of old and new technology, then at end of life there's the challenge of disposal of the toxic batteries.

Then there's the concerns about long term reliability, especially in a country where driving through floods is common.

I'd guess that a tough, old tech diesel engined truck or SUV that probably has a useful working life of over 10 years is actually less harmful to the environment than a hybrid with its shorter working life due to battery degradation and low resale prices making repairs uneconomic.

Sure, a diesel creates more local soot pollution, but when considering total life cycle impact on the environment, they must have a lower impact than an electric car that carts its own generator everywhere.

I get full electric cars, so long as the electricity is from a renewable source (so not in Thailand), but hybrid has the disadvantages of old and new technologies, and the only theoretical advantage is better fuel efficiency, but you can achieve this more effectively by just buying a smaller car.

Putting environmental issues aside, hybrids reduces fuel consumption by as much as 25% in some cases. This is definitely good for the pocket.

Concerning floods, I gather you didn’t see the video of the electric Volvo that was fully submerged in water and was still able to be driven out?

A hybrid vehicle does not cease to function after 10 years when the battery has lost only 20-30% of its charge. It still has a fully functioning ICE and electric motor and can be driven much like any ICE vehicle. I would venture that in 10 years time, it would be a cinch to replace the battery (or parts of it) if really necessary. 2nd hand electric vehicles in the UK are currently selling for the same price as it was purchased a few years ago so the resale values look good.

18 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t see anything wrong with that. 1.4 billion people do anyway.

Yea right, all except this one :

image.jpeg.3e8b24bb9f04adbbdc8c5a5b7cb5777c.jpeg

and one or two of his friends, some of whom never lived to express their devotion to the CCP

The 1989 Tiananmen Square Protests in Photos - The Atlantic

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

Need I say more?

image.jpeg

What on earth has Vietnam got to do with the CCP and Chinese cars  ?  Very poor attempt at deflection.

This is about Chinese cars and the what the CCP are doing today , to their own citizens and possibly to the Taiwanese , although I doubt they will ever attack Taiwan since they are scared of the consequences.

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, edwinchester said:

Test driven both the H6 and Jolion hybrids here in Thailand and was very impressed. Build quality and performance were very good. Only think I didn't like was the use of too much hard plastic around the dash and doors but it's only a minor irritation.

Waiting on the H6 PHEV with the bigger battery though.

GWM showrooms seem to be springing up everywhere which is reassuring.

Why is a showroom reassuring? it's just a sales outlet!