How we sold our property (detached family home, southern Thailand)

Yeah, the process, including the mortgage delays and "creative financing" seems pretty typical, you got it all sorted remarkably quickly ???? 

We got a "construction loan" from SCB to build the house, to be converted to a mortgage on completion. By the time SCB had finished faffing around the house was finished (on my own coin) so it went straight to being mortgaged.

• Like 1

Good info ... thanks

Sort of mirrors our first sale, without mortgage drama.  Listed with realtor, and I placed on local forum.  Sold before realtor even posted on his site, via the forum.  All of 2 days, since signed to realtor, till sold.

A yank, so funds transferred from / to our USA accounts, as easier.  Land office & done.

2 nd house was a bit different, unique design, out of town, across from Wat made it a hard sell in a buyers market.  Took 3 years, again, all cash deal, from a foreigner who never saw the house in person, due to 'situation lockdown', airports closed w/ exceptions that he didn't fit.

GF & family saw and did the transfer at land office.  

Listed with realtors (useless), FB, Thai sites, and referral was from our grounds keeper, who got his commission at closing.  Realtor from 1st sale stopped doing business, others in the area (Udon Thani) were useless.

To add, both houses out of the 'main', 16 ish kms from town center, so not attractive to anyone not retired.   Daily commute to work in town would be expensive, even on a motorbike for minimum wage earner, or car driven for someone with better earnings.

Appreciation of property was strictly land driven, and not for structures.  

1st house ... cost 800k, sold 1.4m (7 yr old), on 1 rai

2nd house ... cost 2m, sold 3.5, I think (6 yrs old), 3 rai

After 2nd house sold, then listed (FB) 2 adjourning lots, which sold within 3 months of listing.

Cost 240k, sold 1.3m (6 yr old)

No appreciation of structures, since not in main downtown areas.

Congratulation of the finalization of the sale of the house, however, had you consulted this forum or an estate agent you would have found out that bank's loan's approval can take many months and some time declined all together and probably more useful tips on selling properties in Thailand...

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Congratulation of the finalization of the sale of the house, however, had you consulted this forum or an estate agent you would have found out that bank's loan's approval can take many months and some time declined all together and probably more useful tips on selling properties in Thailand...

We have been through this process ourselves in the past and it took about a month and a half (about 10 years).

Also, as I mentioned in my post, I did dig through content on the forum before starting the process, however the signal to noise ratio wasn't doing me any favors; lots of nonsense and faulty information.

• Like 1