Shoplifting !

CharlieH

11 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Yes, this is near anarchy... 

London Bridge is falling down. 

Did you know thats the phrase to signify the death of The Queen in the UK  and to begin laid plans etc.

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Some stores have resorted to placing items in locked glass cabinets now.

I stopped at an AM/PM in the SF area....All the beer & alcohol was behind locked glass cabinets + another store had a liquor (locked) room....

I asked the clerk & he said cases were getting lifted - walking out the door....The police won't come out....

No shielding or protection at the pay station though.....

• Sad 1

Super/Hyper markets place TV's and computers on their shelves because that's how they sell things. Whilst not as valuable as they once were, it's a temptation. The solution has to be to employ (more) private security staff. In Paraguay and certainly in Ciudad-del-Este you see uniformed security officers with over the shoulder cartridge belts swinging pump action shotguns with pistols in belt holsters too. They must be an effective deterrent because if you ask the locals nobody can remember when they last shot anyone. 

I have a friend who I used to see a lot who works at a liquor store. He's a gentle guy and an alcoholic but that's a different story. They are told not to stop anyone under any circumstances. People get sacked if they do. To do with insurance. So bogans go into stores and just walk out with a nice bottle and they hope the shopping centre security is nearby. 

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Do you support the one term, lying, insurectionist loser?

I keep my views to myself - I do not name call....

I also do not hijack threads for political purposes....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I keep my views to myself 

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

It wasn't them that underwrote  ANTIFA & BLM burning & looting + instituted no criminal offense if under $1000 stolen from stores, cars, etc. - and threw the border wide open -  and pushed for defunding the police departments & ran chain link fencing with national guard troops around Washington DC.....

I see. ????

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Some stores have resorted to placing items in locked glass cabinets now.

I think you should change the title to "involuntary wealth redistribution". or "Robin Hood's spirit lives in the Colonies" ????

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

ll the royals used to have bridges for such an eventually but i am informed its been changed now to avoid confusion because London bridges are in such a state  of disrepair

London Bridge, was falling down, so it was decided to sell to the Americans -nearly 50 years ago, for about $2.5 Million , instead of trying to repair it.

In 1968, an American tycoon bought London Bridge—all 10,000 tons of it—

and moved it brick-by-brick to the desert town of Lake Havasu City, Arizona---Google

On 8/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

Yes, this is near anarchy... 

London Bridge is falling down. 

Now look what you've done. You've gone and confused Chris B

It Doesn't take much. Please be more considerate in future.