Over 93% do not want Thai PM to remain in office after 8 years – Survey

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Mavideol said:

constitution needs another amendment to make sure all goes his way

I'm sure DPM Wissanu is right on it. After all, apparently he's the only person in Thailand qualified to fiddle with the constitution.

16 minutes ago, law ling said:

OK. So who would be the next PM (at least until we get the next election)?

Plenty of quality candidates:

Prawit

Anutin

Thammanat

My cat

Edited by BKKBike09
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, djayz said:

I think you'll find that under those "criminals" more people shared the pie. They were, like it or not, liked by more people than the current lot are. They were elected by the people, the current lot were not. There is a feeling among many here that the current lot are in it "only for themselves, their families and friends". If you believe for one single second that this lot is not made up of criminals, then you really are a very, very naïve man. 

IMHO there is still a big difference between accused criminals and convicted criminals.

If people have evidence against anybody in this or any other government then bring them to court and convict them. In Thaksin's case that happened after left office and the same can happen to Prayut.

My point was and is that too many people want to replace one bad government with another one. If Thais really wanted a corruption free government, then they should vote for honest politicians. Or at least they should not vote for known corrupt and/or criminal politicians. Voting for known corrupt people and hoping to get an honest government is just stupid - not only in Thailand.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Totally agree, Apirat, the "crying" former Army Chief of Staff as PM? 

Very much a real possibility. 

My blood runs cold at the thought. 

Correct, if he gets in the Farangs should seriously consider upping sticks and moving out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, djayz said:

Do they really believe what they want is going to sway anybody? It's what the remaining 7%, well-connected, want that will  determine the outcome. 

The remaining 7% will probably have some kind of financial incentive.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO there is still a big difference between accused criminals and convicted criminals.

If people have evidence against anybody in this or any other government then bring them to court and convict them. In Thaksin's case that happened after left office and the same can happen to Prayut.

My point was and is that too many people want to replace one bad government with another one. If Thais really wanted a corruption free government, then they should vote for honest politicians. Or at least they should not vote for known corrupt and/or criminal politicians. Voting for known corrupt people and hoping to get an honest government is just stupid - not only in Thailand.

"In Thaksin's case that happened after left office and the same can happen to Prayut."

Unfortunately not. Thaksin did not have the soldiers, guns, and over 200 Generals behind him.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"honest politicians????????????????????????"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"In Thaksin's case that happened after left office and the same can happen to Prayut."

Unfortunately not. Thaksin did not have the soldiers, guns, and over 200 Generals behind him.

He had and probably still has the red shirts and the MiB.

thai-antigovernment-red-shirt-protesters

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The survey shows 348,511 votes (93.17%) opposing the prime minister remaining in office after eight years, against 25,552 votes (6.83%) who said he should be able to stay on.

I hope that's reflected in the upcoming elections.

The question is, will Dear Leader give a toss? No, he won’t, would be my answer. Besides, he’s just a puppet, and can easily be replaced with another puppet to serve the same purpose. So I don’t think we have seen the last of this military regime, not for a long time. 

On 8/22/2022 at 6:00 PM, spidermike007 said:

Likely closer to 97%. Nobody I have asked in the past few years like him. Nobody. And some of that was before covid, and the Prayuth Decimation of the economy, and the great sabotage of the tourism industry.

Cha Cha. Moving Thailand backwards. Erasing decades of progress. 

Ask @steven100 and you have one loyal blind follower. But only one

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 7:31 PM, zzaa09 said:

No such beast as a reliable poll. 

At least it has a reasonable sample size for a change. Normally "polls" we get on here are 3000 people in Bangkok. Which then gets presented as news worthy or indicative of something.

Edited by starky

On 8/23/2022 at 7:46 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

The real problem is, there are no honest politicians - here or any other country. 

1 hour ago, djayz said:

The real problem is, there are no honest politicians - here or any other country. 

There are, but obviously I don't know how many.

But when people voted for "leaders" like Boris, Trump, Marcos, etc. did the voter expect competent and honest leaders? Too many voters vote for "bad" people and then they are somehow surprised when they have a corrupt and incompetent government.