Too big for the lift. Where do I find a company or people who transport heavy big things 30 floors up in the staircase?

I will install some sliding glass elements in my new apartment. 

I can choose smaller elements which fit into the lift. Or bigger elements which are too big for the lift. In that case they have to be transported up, about 30 floors, in the fire escape staircase.

Can anybody of you recommend a company or people who are able and willing to transport 2400x1500x30 mm elements, about 80kg each, up the stairs?

If they only speak Thai, no problem.

Obviously I don't want to pay a fortune. But I understand that people who are able and willing to do that won't be cheap.

Thanks

The pictures are just samples.

aluminium-office-window.jpg

stairwell-emergency-exit-fire-escape-260

Edited by OneMoreFarang

If you live in bkk maybe contact a grand piano retailer.  They will most likely point you to a crane company.

They do this sort of oversize-whatever delivery in San Francisco etc. frequently.

No idea about the cost here...

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all your answers.

There are three 80kg panels, and a few smaller and lighter items.

The manufacturer/installer of the sliding door suggest smaller size which fits in the lift. That is obviously an option. But if possible, I prefer 3 big panels compared to 4 smaller panels.

I don't think an outside crane is a reasonable option. There is too much wind to just wind it up.

Motorcycle guys are obviously an option. But if they drop it maybe they say sorry but that's about it. They won't have an insurance they won't care much if anything is damaged.

I think asking a piano company might be a good idea. I will try.

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

80kg. each up 30 floors in the staircase?

You're right.. that won't come cheap.. nor should it!

That's heavy labour!

Some people pay the gym to be able to lift weights. I give them an opportunity. ???? 

strong-man-doing-deadlift-training-in-gy

• Haha 1

Suggest you would not find a wheeled mobile crane to lift 30 stories in Thailand.

Are you sure you don't mean 30 flights of stairs.

An 80 kg door between 4 westerners would be close to their maximum safe lifting limit let alone small framed Thais.

Too many hands would result more probability of accidents.

Good luck with your project!

• Haha 1

One further thought

This is a bit of a long shot but when I moved my belongings over from the UK this is the company that was appointed by Anglo-Pacific on the Thai side.
Good written and spoken English. They were very helpful and when it came to the delivery day arrived with a small army of labourers which seemed slightly excessive given I didn't have that much stuff.
That said, they were efficient, polite and only one item was damaged. (In fairness to them it could well have been damaged UK side or during the sea voyage.)
They might be worth contacting;

Boonma Moving & Storage Co., Ltd. |
106 Ramkhamhaeng Road, Soi 8, Hua-mak, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2 314 5021 Fax: +66 (0) 2 318 2447 Website: www.boonma.com

• Like 2

I would suggest walking into a gym with very arrogant weight lifters, then call them out for being pussies and having fake muscles, and that you challenge them to prove it carrying your stuff up with the first price being 5K baht.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some quite naive ideas here like motocycle guys.

Do you really believe they will lift and carry it manually up 30 floors with some straps around the shoulder or so?

The Hulk?

At least you need proper carts/tools to "sledge" the things up. The photo is for the most primitive thing. Pros in the west have motorized "sledges" e.g.

Also you need to check how the parts are packed/protected (cardbox, foam etc.)?

Or there is stuff needed to wrap carefully before loading on a cart or the like.

You need people who know their job and don't expect it being too cheap.

karre.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I thought about that idea...

Does your building have motorized external window washing equipment that might be considered The platforms usually have tethering to the facade facilities so wind should not be a problem 

Edited by norbra

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

An 80 kg door between 4 westerners would be close to their maximum safe lifting limit let alone small framed Thais.

That's what I thought. 2 people front, 2 people back, in average 20kg each.

And obviously they can make as many breaks as they want.

Without any research I though 4 people who each get 3000B (for maybe 1/2 to max 1 day of work) should be sufficient. What do you think?

And yes, it's 30 stories.

1215683848_IMG_20220826_130333-Copy.thumb.jpg.b997545a15414f8d087776f98763efa5.jpg

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's what I thought. 2 people front, 2 people back, in average 20kg each.

And obviously they can make as many breaks as they want.

Without any research I though 4 people who each get 3000B (for maybe 1/2 to max 1 day of work) should be sufficient. What do you think?

And yes, it's 30 stories.

1215683848_IMG_20220826_130333-Copy.thumb.jpg.b997545a15414f8d087776f98763efa5.jpg

There are plenty of motorized cable hoists that can do this job just a matter of finding them together with operators

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, norbra said:

Does your building have motorized external window washing equipment that might be considered The platforms usually have tethering to the facade facilities so wind should not be a problem 

Good idea, but no, we don't have that.

Little guys on long ropes clean the windows from time to time. 

3 minutes ago, norbra said:

There are plenty of motorized cable hoists that can do this job just a matter of finding them together with operators

I also thought about that. I even thought about buying a winch. But like you write, they should be operated by professionals. Mistakes could be expensive and dangerous.

Do you have any idea what kind of jobs such people would regularly do? Like: Where could I start to look for such a team? 

And it's not sure if the space between the stairs would be big enough. It likely depends on how much protective material is around the aluminum frames. 

Don't believe anyone is going to be insured - you take your chances.

It has been 50 years but when we needed such work done at US Consulate in Dacca they found labors from port to do it.  It was a bit of comedy as they tilted box so everything fell out on each landing on downward travel (rather than keep bottom at lower end).

Suspect smaller size to fit lifts a much better plan.

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Don't believe anyone is going to be insured - you take your chances.

It has been 50 years but when we needed such work done at US Consulate in Dacca they found labors from port to do it.  It was a bit of comedy as they tilted box so everything fell out on each landing on downward travel (rather than keep bottom at lower end).

Suspect smaller size to fit lifts a much better plan.

Most balcony doors are available in standard sizes of 2400mm and 2100mm. 

A smaller size may fit as you said.

Edited by LosLobo

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I also thought about that. I even thought about buying a winch. But like you write, they should be operated by professionals. Mistakes could be expensive and dangerous.

Do you have any idea what kind of jobs such people would regularly do? Like: Where could I start to look for such a team? 

And it's not sure if the space between the stairs would be big enough. It likely depends on how much protective material is around the aluminum frames. 

Getting desperate now, I suspect the 2400 is the problem measure,if that is the case maybe check if the elevator car has a removable suspended decorative ceiling which is usually the case to provide adequate ventilation for concealed lightning you may not get 2400 but load panel at an angle 2200 vertical height may be useable

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, norbra said:

Getting desperate now, I suspect the 2400 is the problem measure,if that is the case maybe check if the elevator car has a removable suspended decorative ceiling which is usually the case to provide adequate ventilation for concealed lightning you may not get 2400 but load panel at an angle 2200 vertical height may be useable

In theory you are right. And some parts with 2400 height will fit. But 2400 height combined with 1500 width is definitely impossible for these lifts.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think, and do mean think it would cost a lot more than that. You cant get any decent labor done anymore at that price. Its going to be backbreaking and you need somebody who knows what they are doing or you are going to end up with a shattered mess. I do admire your initiative and hope you can get it done.  I do know that 22 years ago I paid a crew more than that to get a 500 kilo handmade desk up just 2 flights of stairs.

• Like 1

"Some quite naive ideas here like motocycle guys.

Do you really believe they will lift and carry it manually up 30 floors with some straps around the shoulder or so?

The Hulk?"

to clarify:

Ask taxi drivers if they know people to help.

Maybe Cambodians, Lao, or Rhyinga.