Thai Royal Gazette publishes Public Health announcement around cannabis in food products

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

According to the notification, food distributors who added substances of cannabis or hemp to their products must explicitly attach a message or a sign indicating that their venues sell products that contain cannabis or hemp as a part of their ingredients.

The sellers must also list all of their food menus that contain cannabis or hemp to the customers as well as provide safety recommendations for consuming cannabis or hemp-containing foods by showing the following statements from the public health’s recommendation:

And we all know how well people follow rules.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Good. I can then avoid consuming any of it.

Better still if it was not allowed to be put in stuff in the first place. Fine and prudent ensuring that the product has a warning label but as Thailand has an illiteracy rate in the region of 3 million + how are they going to be protected from unknowingly consuming cannabis ?

Ref;

"In 2018, adult illiteracy for Thailand was 3.59 million. Though Thailand adult illiteracy fluctuated substantially in recent years, it tended to increase through 1980 - 2018 period ending at 3.59 million in 2018.
  • Like 2

If adding a label helps to reduce the current media noise around cannabis, then fine. It's similar to alcoholic beverages listing a percentage, and makes sense for mass market products especially. I can just see some dodgy corporation promising to make me baked as a cake with their product, only to find all I got was a tingle in my little. #disappointment

Beach and tourist spots are bound to be selling unlabeled supplies from the back room if that's your thing. That's just the way Thailand is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

Why? Do we really need the gummint to tell us all the time what to do, where to go, what to think? I'm sure the folks will figure it out on their own in due course, and in any case all the pot products I've seen for sale have been labelled.

Well said.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

.......requiring food distributors to attach a cannabis-infused label.......

Ignoring the food content of the packaging, if I soak the label in hot water to release the cannabis and drink the resultant 'tea' will it make me happy?

11 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Not at all. If someone is actually going to the trouble of adding expensive cannabis to their product, they will be shouting it from the rooftop. No one adds it surreptitiously.

Doesn't change the fact that ingredients must be listed on a label  that includes marijuana.. 

10 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

Why? Do we really need the gummint to tell us all the time what to do, where to go, what to think? I'm sure the folks will figure it out on their own in due course, and in any case all the pot products I've seen for sale have been labelled.

In case you haven't noticed, but literally everything you can buy in a supermarket that has been packaged has a label that lists the ingredients. That's not by choice, they have to and I like the fact that I can check what's in it and make my buying decision based on that. Especially when it comes to stuff that makes me high. You wouldn't find it funny, if you were to buy a lollipop and an hour later you pass out on the street because it wasn't indicated that the lollipop contains 2 grams of high quality THC, would you? Or your kids might get their hands on some...