THG Chairman banned from holding an executive post for 42 months

webfact

image.png

Thailand’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has agreed to bar Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) Chairman and CEO Dr. Boon Vanasin from holding any executive post in the company for 42 months and has fined him 2.3 million baht for alleged share price manipulation.

The SEC said that the 42-month ban will take effect only when Dr. Boon agrees to accept the financial sanction. If not, the SEC will take legal action against him in Civil Court.

Dr. Boon was faulted by the SEC for violating Section 240 of the Securities and Exchange Act B.E. 2535 (1992) by disseminating information to the media in July last year, claiming that THG was in the process of signing a deal to procure Pfizer mRNA vaccine, with the first lot of five million doses expected in Thailand in August of that year.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thg-chairman-banned-from-holding-an-executive-post-for-42-months/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-08-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Covid certainly made a lot of people rich, incl eight new billionaires I read.

Moderna has now just launched legal action against Pfizer for nicking their ideas incl how the vaccine works to stop the bodies immune system attacking the antidote when it enters the body, something many of the vaccine providers could not replicate, which makes you wonder, if true, how much pfizer helped at all in the whole thing. The numbers Moderna are mentioning re compensation are to say the least 'large' ! 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

All seems to have gone dark in the realm of Sinovac

With respect, not here across the border in Cambodia. Sinovac is still the main vaccine for the general public. I have my third booster in a couple of months.

• Sad 1

While hospitals and doctors were trying to aquire vaccines they were stymied at every corner by the government.(GPO).

No fine, hangings would be appropriate for all involved in the governments biggest fun**-u*.

"Thai Government's Bungled Vaccine Rollout Unites Historically Divided Public in Anger. "

https://www.voanews.com/a/east-asia-pacific_thai-governments-bungled-vaccine-rollout-unites-historically-divided-public-anger/6208485.html

"Thailand's vaccine failures anger Prayuth's business support base"

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Turbulent-Thailand/Thailand-s-vaccine-failures-anger-Prayuth-s-business-support-base

Edited by MrJ2U

12 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, not here across the border in Cambodia. Sinovac is still the main vaccine for the general public. I have my third booster in a couple of months.

You have my condolences... hope the nurse is gentle.

• Thanks 1