Question about Retirement Visa

If I was spending 8 months a year in Thailand and the rest of the time travelling in other countries would I be able to apply for a retirement visa and keep it valid while I am doing the 4 months travelling.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement and travel as much as you want to after applying for a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid when entering the country.

Thanks for the info. So would it be a case of applying for the one year extension every time just before I go travelling for the 4 months.

7 minutes ago, CFC said:

Thanks for the info. So would it be a case of applying for the one year extension every time just before I go travelling for the 4 months.

You will only apply once a year for the the one year extension.

A re-entry permit will keep the remainder of the extension valid every time you enter the country. You can get a single (1000 baht) or multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit that will valid to use for entry up to the day your extension ends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will only apply once a year for the the one year extension.

A re-entry permit will keep the remainder of the extension valid every time you enter the country. You can get a single (1000 baht) or multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit that will valid to use for entry up to the day your extension ends.

Thanks for the info. So once I got the 1 year extension to the retirement visa, could I apply for the multiple re-entry visa and would the multiple entry visa be also valid for 1 year?

5 minutes ago, CFC said:

Thanks for the info. So once I got the 1 year extension to the retirement visa, could I apply for the multiple re-entry visa and would the multiple entry visa be also valid for 1 year?

You can apply for a multiple re-entry permit that will be valid for the year your extension is issued.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CFC said:

could I apply for the multiple re-entry visa and would the multiple entry visa be also valid for 1 year?

It is valid till your permission of stay date in your pp.

The expiry date of your extension matches your reentry permit.

A multiple reentry is 3800baht.

Single reentry 1000baht. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nana kid said:

I remember that on my O-A visas   when I returned from a trip, I was stamped in for an extension of my Visa.  Does this happen with a Non-O Visa

No, if you had a rentry permit with the O you would just be restamped until your extension date, with an OA visa you get stamped in for one more year if you return before the expiration date of the visa

• Like 1