Do We Betray our Country of Origin, Just through Writing Style and Choice of Words? Even when we try to mask our nationalities?

30 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Back in the days of the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree Forum, there was thousand+ responses to an American who claimed he sewed a Canadian flag on his backpack so as to be better accepted by Euro's.

Almost certainly an early instance of what we now call trolling. It's still a running joke on the Lonely Planet spinoff forum. I can't think of any other instance of someone pretending to be from somewhere else.

Australians have a faking advantage over Americans who cannot discern an Oz accent from a brit one, unless the speaker is urging them to throw another shrimp on the barbie. I lived in England for 8 years and I can only tell the difference about two thirds of the time.

So then, what are you admitting to? 

a. You are tone deaf. 

and 

b. You are no Dr. Doolittle 

and 

c. If Linguistics is your trade, then you chose the wrong career. 

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Try listening to a Kiwi, they interchange vowels far more than we do.

I don't know what a real Englishman is, what with Saxon, Norman, Scots and Welsh in the mix. That's just on the Caucasian end. Not to mention the 30 - odd accents and dialects you guys use.

I still remember our Latin teacher, who hailed from Northumberland. He sounded like he was talking with a mouthful of butter, took us a few months to understand what the hell he was saying.

Agreed ! The Scots accent is one that requires alot of concentration, a thick accent combined with speed and its a challenge for sure ????

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You seem to be listing authors more famous in Australia, a country of only 27 million. 

Did you expect that the world might know so much about a country with only 27 million inhabitants, so far south of the equator, when Shanghai is above the equator, and has 26 million highly educated people people, with a high literacy rate, high IQ, and a maglev train from the airport to the city? 

Also, Shanghai people are world-renowned bankers and sophisticates. 

Therefore, have you read and enjoyed the Dream of the Red Chamber? 

One thing you cannot deny, my friend, is that, in China, and in other places around the world, great books were written even before anyone downunder knew how to spell the word, billibong. 

As I have steadfastly maintained, Aussies are extremely nice people, similar to people you might find in Iowa, except Aussies know how to sail, too. 

If I had my druthers, I would love to live where you live. 

And so, I sometimes wonder why you guys are so very anxious to leave and come here. 

Is it that you are getting bored and lonely down there? 

Are you worried that the world keeps passing you by? 

You shouldn't worry because it's your very isolation from the world, and your anachronisms, that we love. 

Not to mention, your very dry humor. We, in America, dote on your refined and dry humor. 

Careless of you, it's billabong.

Admittedly we are only 27 million people. However, history shows we punch well above our weight in fields such as sport and medical science. Kindly note, it is an Aussie who has just beaten America's best golfers to claim the British Open at the home of golf, St. Andrews. The first antibiotic, penicillin, was developed by an Australian after its discoverer, Alexander Fleming, discarded it as of no medical significance.

My reasons for preferring Thailand are not hard to understand. I live as I want to here, in Australia more than 50% of my income would be going in rent. I also have a Thai GF who is 23 years younger than me, not feasible in Australia unless I was a multi-millionaire. I am not yet ready to embrace celibacy.

Yes, I could easily get bored in Australia, as I have been over most parts of it. Here, every day is a new adventure for me.

The world may be passing me by, a lot of it is welcome to do so.

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Try listening to a Kiwi, they interchange vowels far more than we do.

I don't know what a real Englishman is, what with Saxon, Norman, Scots and Welsh in the mix. That's just on the Caucasian end. Not to mention the 30 - odd accents and dialects you guys use.

I still remember our Latin teacher, who hailed from Northumberland. He sounded like he was talking with a mouthful of butter, took us a few months to understand what the hell he was saying.

Latin is a dead language. 

You are not supposed to actually SPEAK it. 

Didn't anyone ever tell you this? 

It doesn't matter if your mouth is full of butter which might not melt. 

The point is, we learn Latin so that we can then learn science terminology, medical terminology, anatomy, and to pray properly. 

What about Greek? Did you experience equal difficulties with Greek, as well? 

Do you even know how to write the Greek letters, omicron, or phi beta kappa? 

Not in my case. I write so many anti American posts, I have to mention that I am American, so I don't get accused of being a hater of some sort. Just someone very disappointed in the direction their birth nation is moving. An empire and culture in a steep decline is not a pretty thing to witness. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Careless of you, it's billabong.

Admittedly we are only 27 million people. However, history shows we punch well above our weight in fields such as sport and medical science. Kindly note, it is an Aussie who has just beaten America's best golfers to claim the British Open at the home of golf, St. Andrews. The first antibiotic, penicillin, was developed by an Australian after its discoverer, Alexander Fleming, discarded it as of no medical significance.

My reasons for preferring Thailand are not hard to understand. I live as I want to here, in Australia more than 50% of my income would be going in rent. I also have a Thai GF who is 23 years younger than me, not feasible in Australia unless I was a multi-millionaire. I am not yet ready to embrace celibacy.

Yes, I could easily get bored in Australia, as I have been over most parts of it. Here, every day is a new adventure for me.

The world may be passing me by, a lot of it is welcome to do so.

Wouldn't you admit, at the very least, that trying to keep up with a woman 23 years younger than you, at your advanced age, might be a health risk even more risky than crabbing in Alaska? 

What do your children say about your doings in Thailand, anyway? 

Note: Yes, careless of me. Billybong is my preferred spelling. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Not in my case. I write so many anti American posts, I have to mention that I am American, so I don't get accused of being a hater of some sort. Just someone very disappointed in the direction their birth nation is moving. An empire and culture in a steep decline is not a pretty thing to witness. 

Are you under the illusion that this steep decline you mention is confined to just one nation? 

Because, from your previous posts, I had thought you were smarter than to suggest such a thing. 

Parsing a Kiwi from an Australian accent is well beyond the ability of any living American.

When I lived in England, I could eventually tell the diff between south and norf.

My greatest discernment achievement was being able to pick out posh from fake-posh.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you under the illusion that this steep decline you mention is confined to just one nation? 

Because, from your previous posts, I had thought you were smarter than to suggest such a thing. 

Good point. The Western nations, and a few others have had better days. Very grateful to be here, despite some issues that seem to be very manageable. 

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am not yet ready to embrace celibacy.

I think this is an old Irish curse:

"May your last condom break"

Or it could be, "May your last check bounce".

Since we're in Thailand, however, I can say "Same same, but different"

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You seem to be listing authors more famous in Australia, a country of only 27 million. 

Did you expect that the world might know so much about a country with only 27 million inhabitants, so far south of the equator, when Shanghai is above the equator, and has 26 million highly educated people people, with a high literacy rate, high IQ, and a maglev train from the airport to the city? 

Also, Shanghai people are world-renowned bankers and sophisticates. 

Therefore, have you read and enjoyed the Dream of the Red Chamber? 

One thing you cannot deny, my friend, is that, in China, and in other places around the world, great books were written even before anyone downunder knew how to spell the word, billibong. 

As I have steadfastly maintained, Aussies are extremely nice people, similar to people you might find in Iowa, except Aussies know how to sail, too. 

If I had my druthers, I would love to live where you live. 

And so, I sometimes wonder why you guys are so very anxious to leave and come here. 

Is it that you are getting bored and lonely down there? 

Are you worried that the world keeps passing you by? 

You shouldn't worry because it's your very isolation from the world, and your anachronisms, that we love. 

Not to mention, your very dry humor. We, in America, dote on your refined and dry humor. 

I take a little bit of umbrage at the comparison with Iowa which I think of as sort of a generic middle of America farming 'nothing much' state. The biggest city in Iowa is Des Moines with around 200,000. The population of Melbourne and Sydney would put it at no 2 and 3 in the list of populous United States cities only behind New York. The difference with Australia is the space in between.

I have sometimes thought how odd a forum like this is in terms of never seeing or hearing the voice of participants.

We may laugh with disdain if we saw and heard some of the more aggressive members while others might be surprisingly sophisticated or macho or whatever. 

I sometimes think you are a wannabe Englishmen. Evelyn Waugh or Kingsley Amis may be role models. 

image.jpeg.0bd538a31fc9c0c81ab1defa54cac500.jpeg

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Good point. The Western nations, and a few others have had better days. Very grateful to be here, despite some issues that seem to be very manageable. 

You are not alone in your concern about our world. 

However, if you really wish to stay up at night, worrying, then you really ought to check out the most recent world population projections published by the UN. 

Just from memory, we are at 7.6 billion, now, and we will be at 8.2 billion by 2030. 10 billion by 2050. Over 11 billion by 2100. 

Of course, this projection is based on a "perfect world" model, under optimal conditions for our collective petri dish. 

However, given our imperfect REAL world, anything can happen, at any time, to disrupt our smooth curve to having 11 billion humans on Earth, at any given time. 

The UN is not an organization based on science. I have been to the UN. The UN is a dilapidated building filled with superstitious imbeciles. You can find smarter people in Papua New Guinea. 

If you really want to worry, then you should worry about momentum. 

p = mv

Momentum equals mass times velocity. 

We now have very high velocity combined with ever-increasing mass. 

Yet, we have no proven social science capable of turning around this juggernaut, in time, in order to avoid hitting the wall with a huge SPLAT. 

Casting blame to any single nation is pointless. 

Instead, we should be thankful that we are headed to a new Utopia in which all men will be equal. 

Bellamy will, one day soon, see his dream come true. 

We will, very soon, all be equal under God.... Up in the clouds. 

54 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I take a little bit of umbrage at the comparison with Iowa which I think of as sort of a generic middle of America farming 'nothing much' state. The biggest city in Iowa is Des Moines with around 200,000. The population of Melbourne and Sydney would put it at no 2 and 3 in the list of populous United States cities only behind New York. The difference with Australia is the space in between.

I have sometimes thought how odd a forum like this is in terms of never seeing or hearing the voice of participants.

We may laugh with disdain if we saw and heard some of the more aggressive members while others might be surprisingly sophisticated or macho or whatever. 

I sometimes think you are a wannabe Englishmen. Evelyn Waugh or Kingsley Amis may be role models. 

Noel Coward, actually. 

I consider myself to have the same sense of personal style, a combination of cheek and chic, pose and poise. 

Although I am in Thailand, physically, I have never really identified with you farmers.. 

Of course, I love farmers. But, they and I don't seem to have much in common. 

I have attempted to engage with farmers, only to learn that they are mostly preoccupied with discussions about the weather. 

Thankfully, this year, we have had ample rain. 

Farming is a backbreaking pursuit. I deeply feel utmost respect and gratitude for farmers. 

But, sometimes, after a few minutes, I never know what to say next. 

Maybe if I had studied horticulture, things might have been better. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Wouldn't you admit, at the very least, that trying to keep up with a woman 23 years younger than you, at your advanced age, might be a health risk even more risky than crabbing in Alaska? 

What do your children say about your doings in Thailand, anyway? 

Note: Yes, careless of me. Billybong is my preferred spelling. 

Apologies, transiting between the village and condo.

"Keeping up" is for insecure people. We are not at it like rabbits, just when we are in the right mood.

As far as health goes, with normal blood pressure and a resting pulse rate of 51 bpm, I have no concerns. I can think of much worse ways to die anyway.

"In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a bellyful of wine and a girl's mouth around my c#ck". Bonus points and a Hoppy badge if you can tell me who said that.

My son is very happy to have me in Thailand. He approves of my choice of GF,  I should have listened to him with the former defacto in Australia. That's because he has to care for his mother, who has advanced Alzheimer's, and he does not need me on his plate as well.

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You raise a very good point, I sometimes wonder if a poster is a Walter Mitty clone.

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think you are correct in this.

However, never underestimate a thorough test in the use of prepositions to separate the wheat from the chaff.

There are just too many pretenders out there who would dearly love to pass themselves off as native-English speakers.

Personally, I do not consider myself as a native-English speaker.

The reason for this is because, during the past forty, or more, years, I have been going native in Asia.

When I, now, speak by phone with my relatives back home, after over 40 years, they are hard put to understand me.  They say I sound like a Chinaman.  And, I know this is true. 

Hey bro

2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Parsing a Kiwi from an Australian accent is well beyond the ability of any living American.

When I lived in England, I could eventually tell the diff between south and norf.

My greatest discernment achievement was being able to pick out posh from fake-posh.

Hey bro

Gidday mate

Pretty damn easy

Taxi

Tixi

Yes

Yis

Easiest to tell in the world

One lot speaks rough English

The other some weird made up language

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I think this is an old Irish curse:

"May your last condom break"

Or it could be, "May your last check bounce".

Since we're in Thailand, however, I can say "Same same, but different"

I forget who said " Sex is the most beautiful, uplifting and pleasurable experience money can buy."

I know it was Oscar Wilde who said " The expense is abominable, the position ridiculous, and the pleasure fleeting."

Right now, I'm about halfway.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Apologies, transiting between the village and condo.

"Keeping up" is for insecure people. We are not at it like rabbits, just when we are in the right mood.

As far as health goes, with normal blood pressure and a resting pulse rate of 51 bpm, I have no concerns. I can think of much worse ways to die anyway.

"In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a bellyful of wine and a girl's mouth around my c#ck". Bonus points and a Hoppy badge if you can tell me who said that.

My son is very happy to have me in Thailand. He approves of my choice of GF,  I should have listened to him with the former defacto in Australia. That's because he has to care for his mother, who has advanced Alzheimer's, and he does not need me on his plate as well.

OK. 好的... 

NOW, I know why you are so polite and respectful. 

It's not just because you are Australian, although this helps, too. 

You are almost pre-WW2. Yet, young enough not to have witnessed the Hindenburg disaster. 

You believe in treating others with respect, in all cases. I know your type. 

Always thith rethpect, for everybody. 

And now, too, I know why you love Sally Fields. 

Maybe you have heard that after the Great War our social fabric was ripped to shreds. 

And now, here you are, a dinosaur in a foreign land, full of respect for others. 

Respect for others is something that you will rarely find, these days. 

By the way, the reason your heart rate is so slow is just indicative of your age. 

Even if you sat in the front row of a GoGo bar, it's doubtful that your heart rate would exceed 61 BPM. 

At least, your brain seems to be functioning fairly well, as far as I can tell. 

But when you head out on the links, are you able to carry your own bag? 

And, are you able to hit your own ball, yourself? 

And, once hit, are you able to remember where it went? 

What is your fascination with golfing, anyway? 

According to you, you are just a spring chicken with a hot wife. What are you doing to pay back to society the many (80) good years you have enjoyed? 

Have you ever considered teaching? What about teaching Sex Ed to the male uni students in your area? 

How long have you been in Thailand, anyway? 60 years? 

Maybe I should begin calling you PI?

I know that your wife is reading this comment. Does she think that you are a good golpher? Or, a duffer. 

My last and most relevant question to you is... 

When you are on the links, what do you wear? Do you wear a cap with a pompom or a tassel attached? Do you wear pink shorts? And, do you prefer metal cleats? Or, do you go with rubber? 

Also, what do you do to keep your wrists strong, so that you can snap that ball 240 yards from the tee? 

Last question: When the world's population hits 8.2 billion, in 2030, do you predict that golfers here will be playing in rice fields? Or, will virtual golf become the new normal? 

Once the geese refuse to fly south for the winter, golfing will not be the same in the Northern Hemisphere. 

Why fly south when it's like Miami above the Arctic Circle? 

Someday, soon, we will be golfing on Elsmere Island, with daylight 24/7.

I know that you will live long enough to witness this great day. 

Fore! 

5 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Hmm, I've lived in a couple of the mega cities, Shanghai, Taipei, and although Singapore doesn't hit the list the whole island is simply one city, and not sure looking back they are the best places to live.

Now I am not trying to defend Des Moines, I've been there, but size isn't everything.

Sometimes a smaller city, you can just kinda feel more at home.

I look back fondly at the time I spent in all those places, but that was then and now I'm much more comfortable in a small city where i know my neighbors and there is just less pressure.

We went to one of my other locations, San Diego where my youngest daughter still lives.

Showing my wife around my old haunts it just struck me I couldn't deal with the people or the traffic anymore.

We went to visit some old friends in Rancho Bernardo just north of San Diego where I used to work.

Coming over the hill on I-15 past Miramar (think Top Gun) it struck me 8 lanes of traffic going south into the city, all crawling, nah I'm done with it.

We now live in sedate Rapid City SD, where 5 cars at a stop light is enough to trigger a 'red' on google maps!

As for the OP, why would anyone want to try to hide their nationality in an online forum? Nobody knows you, I don't think you need to prove anything.

Now if I was a call center operative in Bangalore, maybe trying to pass myself off as 'Kevin' might make sense!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

OK. 好的... 

NOW, I know why you are so polite and respectful. 

It's not just because you are Australian, although this helps, too. 

You are almost pre-WW2. Yet, young enough not to have witnessed the Hindenburg disaster. 

You believe in treating others with respect, in all cases. I know your type. 

Always thith rethpect, for everybody. 

And now, too, I know why you love Sally Fields. 

Maybe you have heard that after the Great War our social fabric was ripped to shreds. 

And now, here you are, a dinosaur in a foreign land, full of respect for others. 

Respect for others is something that you will rarely find, these days. 

By the way, the reason your heart rate is so slow is just indicative of your age. 

Even if you sat in the front row of a GoGo bar, it's doubtful that your heart rate would exceed 61 BPM. 

At least, your brain seems to be functioning fairly well, as far as I can tell. 

But when you head out on the links, are you able to carry your own bag? 

And, are you able to hit your own ball, yourself? 

And, once hit, are you able to remember where it went? 

What is your fascination with golfing, anyway? 

According to you, you are just a spring chicken with a hot wife. What are you doing to pay back to society the many (80) good years you have enjoyed? 

Have you ever considered teaching? What about teaching Sex Ed to the male uni students in your area? 

How long have you been in Thailand, anyway? 60 years? 

Maybe I should begin calling you PI?

I know that your wife is reading this comment. Does she think that you are a good golpher? Or, a duffer. 

My last and most relevant question to you is... 

When you are on the links, what do you wear? Do you wear a cap with a pompom or a tassel attached? Do you wear pink shorts? And, do you prefer metal cleats? Or, do you go with rubber? 

Also, what do you do to keep your wrists strong, so that you can snap that ball 240 yards from the tee? 

Last question: When the world's population hits 8.2 billion, in 2030, do you predict that golfers here will be playing in rice fields? Or, will virtual golf become the new normal? 

Once the geese refuse to fly south for the winter, golfing will not be the same in the Northern Hemisphere. 

Why fly south when it's like Miami above the Arctic Circle? 

Someday, soon, we will be golfing on Elsmere Island, with daylight 24/7.

I know that you will live long enough to witness this great day. 

Fore! 

Dear me, you have more questions than a butcher's dog has meat.

If people are polite to me, I was brought up to be respectful in turn. Good manners go a long way with me, and I try to reciprocate.

My heart rate is low because I exercise assiduously every day. OTOH, a naked woman can boost me up to 80 bpm.

I started golf as a caddie, carrying two bags to double my income. Now, I have caddies much prettier than I ever was to carry my bag for me.

No-one here needs to read my golf memoirs, suffice to say I broke my age on the golf course last February.

Golf is a metaphor for life, it tests and teaches character, resolve, concentration and good manners. It is unique in being able to be played by all ages, and also in being the only sport I can think of that depends on individual honesty.

I have only been in Thailand 10 years full time. If I had known what was here when I was in my thirties, rest assured I would have been here a lot sooner.

Teaching sex in Thailand is a bit like selling refrigerators to Eskimos. Based on the women I have met here, there is nothing I could teach either gender.

Yes, I am a WWII baby dinosaur, soon to be extinct. In some ways, I think I have lived in a golden age, which may never be repeated.

As far as golf dress goes, I am a beige person. Most people who dress like black pimps on the golf course do so to direct attention away from their golfing incompetence. This guy is one exception:

daly.png

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You are not alone in your concern about our world. 

However, if you really wish to stay up at night, worrying, then you really ought to check out the most recent world population projections published by the UN. 

Just from memory, we are at 7.6 billion, now, and we will be at 8.2 billion by 2030. 10 billion by 2050. Over 11 billion by 2100. 

Of course, this projection is based on a "perfect world" model, under optimal conditions for our collective petri dish. 

However, given our imperfect REAL world, anything can happen, at any time, to disrupt our smooth curve to having 11 billion humans on Earth, at any given time. 

The UN is not an organization based on science. I have been to the UN. The UN is a dilapidated building filled with superstitious imbeciles. You can find smarter people in Papua New Guinea. 

If you really want to worry, then you should worry about momentum. 

p = mv

Momentum equals mass times velocity. 

We now have very high velocity combined with ever-increasing mass. 

Yet, we have no proven social science capable of turning around this juggernaut, in time, in order to avoid hitting the wall with a huge SPLAT. 

Casting blame to any single nation is pointless. 

Instead, we should be thankful that we are headed to a new Utopia in which all men will be equal. 

Bellamy will, one day soon, see his dream come true. 

We will, very soon, all be equal under God.... Up in the clouds. 

Actually, there is alot of concern about zero, or negative population growth. There are about 25 countries with the highest population growth. If memory serves me correctly, at least 23 of them are Muslim nations. The rest of the world seems to be coming to their senses, and having far fewer babies. Kudos to those who choose not to spawn, at this point in time. Smart move. The last thing in the world this planet needs is another baby. 

55 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Hmm, I've lived in a couple of the mega cities, Shanghai, Taipei, and although Singapore doesn't hit the list the whole island is simply one city, and not sure looking back they are the best places to live.

Now I am not trying to defend Des Moines, I've been there, but size isn't everything.

Sometimes a smaller city, you can just kinda feel more at home.

I look back fondly at the time I spent in all those places, but that was then and now I'm much more comfortable in a small city where i know my neighbors and there is just less pressure.

We went to one of my other locations, San Diego where my youngest daughter still lives.

Showing my wife around my old haunts it just struck me I couldn't deal with the people or the traffic anymore.

We went to visit some old friends in Rancho Bernardo just north of San Diego where I used to work.

Coming over the hill on I-15 past Miramar (think Top Gun) it struck me 8 lanes of traffic going south into the city, all crawling, nah I'm done with it.

We now live in sedate Rapid City SD, where 5 cars at a stop light is enough to trigger a 'red' on google maps!

As for the OP, why would anyone want to try to hide their nationality in an online forum? Nobody knows you, I don't think you need to prove anything.

Now if I was a call center operative in Bangalore, maybe trying to pass myself off as 'Kevin' might make sense!

I was just dispelling the myth that Australia is basically rural with farmers as far as the eye can see. He is probably just having a laugh. 

Des Moines and Iowa sound charming and a nice place to go.

Most Australians live in cities much bigger than most US cities. 

I liked San Diego - it didn't seem that big back then in 93 but it's been a while.

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I was just dispelling the myth that Australia is basically rural with farmers as far as the eye can see. He is probably just having a laugh. 

Des Moines and Iowa sound charming and a nice place to go.

Most Australians live in cities much bigger than most US cities. 

I liked San Diego - it didn't seem that big back then in 93 but it's been a while.

Australia is more urbanised than either the UK or US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urbanization_by_country

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Google can easily discriminate, just by writing style and word usage, I would imagine, even if Google did not have far more much more conclusive information to go by.

In fact, if there is not already an app, then maybe we should create an app to identify Farang Pub writers, according to their writing style, socioeconomic class, hair style, and sense of humor, or lack of it.

Google could easily do that. That's for sure. A bot would crawl the forum in 2 seconds and come up with a profile for each user.

On 8/31/2022 at 4:24 PM, Lacessit said:

Dear me, you have more questions than a butcher's dog has meat.

If people are polite to me, I was brought up to be respectful in turn. Good manners go a long way with me, and I try to reciprocate.

My heart rate is low because I exercise assiduously every day. OTOH, a naked woman can boost me up to 80 bpm.

I started golf as a caddie, carrying two bags to double my income. Now, I have caddies much prettier than I ever was to carry my bag for me.

No-one here needs to read my golf memoirs, suffice to say I broke my age on the golf course last February.

Golf is a metaphor for life, it tests and teaches character, resolve, concentration and good manners. It is unique in being able to be played by all ages, and also in being the only sport I can think of that depends on individual honesty.

I have only been in Thailand 10 years full time. If I had known what was here when I was in my thirties, rest assured I would have been here a lot sooner.

Teaching sex in Thailand is a bit like selling refrigerators to Eskimos. Based on the women I have met here, there is nothing I could teach either gender.

Yes, I am a WWII baby dinosaur, soon to be extinct. In some ways, I think I have lived in a golden age, which may never be repeated.

As far as golf dress goes, I am a beige person. Most people who dress like black pimps on the golf course do so to direct attention away from their golfing incompetence. This guy is one exception:

daly.png

This guy is not only too top heavy, but you will notice that, on his backswing, he allows the club to go way past the horizontal, leading to ultimate imbalance, and duffing into the rough. 

It's guys like this that end their games by throwing their clubs, bags, and caddies, into the nearest water hazard.