Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

They didn't. And if they did the UK would have the world's biggest economy now.

I give up, more anti-British tripe...

How many Indian folk haven't got running water, how many still cr@p in the street, you are delusional, ol' chap....????

Now be honest, are you Indian.....????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Because immigration laws have been upped since Enoch's time.

Did you forget that.........????

Upped? You mean that the UK's immigration laws nowadays are more restrictive than in the Brigadier's time? That this "uncontrolled" immigration thingmabob that's consumed nigh-on 20 pages of dissent and opinion on this thread isn't really possible? I mean, if one of the few remaining full-service Commonwealth nations was to be suddenly overthrown by some evil, despotic chap, we poor disenfranchised white folks wouldn't be duty bound to welcome their robbed, raped and pillaged?

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Upped? You mean that the UK's immigration laws nowadays are more restrictive than in the Brigadier's time? That this "uncontrolled" immigration thingmabob that's consumed nigh-on 20 pages of dissent and opinion on this thread isn't really possible? I mean, if one of the few remaining full-service Commonwealth nations was to be suddenly overthrown by some evil, despotic chap, we poor disenfranchised white folks wouldn't be duty bound to welcome their robbed, raped and pillaged?

Ask ozimoron, he knows all about that stuff....But don't mention The Black & White Minstrels's......????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

I give up, more anti-British tripe...

How many Indian folk haven't got running water, how many still cr@p in the street, you are delusional, ol' chap....????

Now be honest, are you Indian.....????

Honestly? I'm third or fourth generation Australian born white anglo saxon protestant stock with some Irish mixed in.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:
2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Another Google search that fails to propagate the illusion that someone knows more about their beloved (Brigadier) Enoch (MBE) that anyone else. That sort of worked for @transam but he got here first.

Oops. There's that "in the paper" thing again.

Excuse me while I don't panic.

Expand  

You would if you lived in a town like that,another drug dealer stabbed to death in slaugh yesterday by two others,by the look of them and their names sound Muslims.

That in "the paper" is it? That "their names sound Muslims"?

Try reading a different paper maybe?

Maybe even try reading.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

So jokes about Welsh men and sheep are racist? 

It depends on who's doing the telling. It's why black guys can call themselves the N word but white people can't call black people that. I know racists have  hard time understanding that concept but it is what it is.

I'm not naive enough to think cross border rivalry between visibly indistinguishable populations are racist jokes. Technically, Irish jokes are not racist but they aren't a good look.

Here's my Australian sheep joke. maybe it's a New Zealand sheep joke I don't know because New Zealanders don't look any different from me. I look a lot like the guy in the cartoon.

sheepwav.gif.e69f4e7c338130a56c68819b4de2bbc3.gif

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

And you're on here calling British folk racists, an MP trying to control immigration, racist scum...............

Your Australia...

Not understanding your point at all. Are Germans not entitled to call Hitler racist? Am I not entitled to call Billy McMahon racist? Can the British not call out their politicians for being racist? Is it unpatriotic to criticize the policies of one's own country? Do you have issues with foreigners criticising your country?

As to your photo. Thank you. It does point out the sad, racist history of Australia. I think I'm patriotic because I support moves to tell the truth and reconcile the past, rather than justify hiding the truth using some epithet like "critical race theory"

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Funny you should say that but the part of town i worked in 40 yrs ago had no Asian shops not one.

Now they are 99.9 % Asian ,only one Chinese take away,pavements full of stuff for sale ,i doubt if there is a native British person even living in the area crime is very high,drugs,etc,the whole town is not the nice one i used to live in.

Sorry if thats racist,but the truth sometimes hurts.

What’s this, Asian shop keepers committing crimes.

I’d like to know where they get the time for it, they are open all hours, working all hours.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not understanding your point at all. Are Germans not entitled to call Hitler racist? Am I not entitled to call Billy McMahon racist? Can the British not call out their politicians for being racist? Is it unpatriotic to criticize the policies of one's own country? Do you have issues with foreigners criticising your country?

As to your photo. Thank you. It does point out the sad, racist history of Australia. I think I'm patriotic because I support moves to tell the truth and reconcile the past, rather than justify hiding the truth using some epithet like "critical race theory"

But you don't even know what a racist is, you chuck the word around as if we, who think Enoch was right to try and control immigration, are all racists. It's daft, stupid, uncalled fore.

And to top it all, was a British MP from decades back, not Australian....????

How long have you lived in the UK...?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

But you don't even know what a racist is, you chuck the word around as if we, who think Enoch was right to try and control immigration, are all racists. It's daft, stupid, uncalled fore.

You're entitled to think he was right to try to control immigration. So was he. The problem was that Powell wanted to do it for the wrong reasons and said so.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I asked before if you have problems with foreigners criticising your country. You didn't reply but I think we have the answer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Correct me if I’m wrong Transam, but isn’t it the case that all topics are open to all members regardless of any other consideration other than that they are members?

If that is the case then any member’s residence in the UK, let alone their nationality is completely irrelevant and, you’ll like this, off topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You're entitled to think he was right to try to control immigration. So was he. The problem was that Powell wanted to do it for the wrong reasons and said so.

Says a fourth gen Aussy...........????

How long have you lived in the UK....?

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Correct me if I’m wrong Transam, but isn’t it the case that all topics are open to all members regardless of any other consideration other than that they are members?

If that is the case then any member’s residence in the UK, let alone their nationality is completely irrelevant and, you’ll like this, off topic.

Same ol', same ol', butting in, I am sure ozimoron can answer for himself, unless you are pulling the strings, that is....????

• Haha 2

Just now, transam said:

Same ol', same ol', butting in, I am sure ozimoron can answer for himself, unless you are pulling the strings, that is....????

I did. I have never spent a day there. Or in the USA or any country further west from Australia than Nepal.

Do you have a problem with my knowing enough about the politics and history of your country to make comment on it?

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

I’m a member here too, so I too can comment.

It is a thing though isn’t it, Powell’s fan boys attacking other  members on the basis of their nationality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I did. I have never spent a day there. Or in the USA or any country further west from Australia than Nepal.

Do you have a problem with my knowing enough about the politics and history of your country to make comment on it?

Yes, you have never been to the UK, I was born many decades ago there, I have seen the changes from a kid to how it is now, you haven't, so you have no idea what you are on about in this thread.....

Except what you've read, hey, ho..........????

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

Yes, you have never been to the UK, I was born many decades ago there, I have seen the changes from a kid to how it is now, you haven't, so you have no idea what you are on about in this thread.....

Except what you've read, hey, ho..........????

Powell's comments remain unchanged no matter where you or I were born.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You sound like a proper 'love they neighbour' sort of bloke.

She's not a favorite of mine but immigrant? So Islington's a whole different country now?

Oh look! Another one!

It is so nice to be in such good company.

34 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its just the internet where the lefties and rights yell abuse at each other from their own corners . Out in the real world people aren't  as polarised and are more middle ground

Absolutely agree 100% again (this is uncanny).

However, you have to allow that despite the 'real world people' possibly having a firmer grasp on reality, there's a not insignificant amount of them that dwell solely in the Twitterverse and things of that ilk. Bloggers and so-called influencers and other charlatans play fast and loose with the truth solely for monetary gain and a tribe of 'followers'. On a broadsheet newspaper, there's typically a bold-face leader saying 'Opinion' or a commentary is clearly labelled op-ed with an editorial disclaimer. On t'internet there's no signage on the rabbit holes.