Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

what story?

The one below.

PAUL BRACCHI investigates the brutal murder of Shea Gordon, 17, on the streets of lawless London | Daily Mail Online

A lot of childish behaviour with this topic. A good idea for Mods to shut it down as just going around and around.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Ok, so you think that the UK should only be populated by the people who are already there and NO immigrants at all should be allowed in? Correct? 

????......................Sorry, but I think you are lost, you keep making wild assumptions.......????............????

PS. In 2001, my eye was operated on as an emergency, the surgeon's surname was, wait for it......."Poon"......????

You do not understand what has been written by me and a few others, keep your racist stuff to yourself....Please.........????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

????......................Sorry, but I think you are lost, you keep making wild assumptions.......????............????

PS. In 2001, my eye was operated on as an emergency, the surgeon's surname was, wait for it......."Poon"......????

You do not understand what has been written by me and a few others, keep your racist stuff to yourself....Please.........????

You have been accussing posters of avoiding your questions throughout this thread so why don't you answer mine? What do you think is the correct amount of immigrants we should allow into the Uk and what type of immigrant should they be?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

You have been accussing posters of avoiding your questions throughout this thread so why don't you answer mine? What do you think is the correct amount of immigrants we should allow into the Uk and what type of immigrant should they be?

I have no idea, it is not my job, nor yours......

The thread is about Enoch Powell, and his immigration thoughts.

Start your own thread....???? 

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

So you have no thoughts about UK immigration (which I seriously doubt) but you do have plenty of thoughts on Sharia Law, muslim terrorist activities, patrols through whitechapel, the murder of PC Blakelock and that Enoch was correct in his asumptions about immigration? 

Can you see how someone MIGHT construe this as being a little bit racist?

You're guessing again, very naughty.....????

If you don't like the FACTS I have put forward regarding the thoughts of Enoch over 60 years ago, that is up to you.

It is not my problem that the folk you mentioned are from foreign roots and that you keep referring to their colour, I haven't....

Remember, I am not a racist, and Enoch was right to worry....

An example for you......

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36979892

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

The one below.

PAUL BRACCHI investigates the brutal murder of Shea Gordon, 17, on the streets of lawless London | Daily Mail Online

A lot of childish behaviour with this topic. A good idea for Mods to shut it down as just going around and around.

Thanks for the link. Unlike what a few members are claiming, like the ones that kept banging on about 'the paper' but seemed unable to link to it, this looks like home-grown gang warfare. Pretty awful but it doesn't happen in every town or city across the land like some latter day prophet of doom suggested all those years ago.

Fat chance of this thread being shuttered despite the undeniably increasing cyclic redundancy factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Stay out of it then......????

I was being constructive to end the childishness concerning a credible link to a claim by another member - why the member declined to cooperate I do not know. No dobt there are examples of white gangs in UK murdering non whites. Presonally I recall the days of cowardly  '<deleted> bashing.'.

As I observed a great deal of flaming / childish behaviour in this topic. What benefit is to be gained to yet again raise the issue of Enoch Powell's speech which has been 'debated' a number of times on this forum? Just a repeat of prior commentary - same old merry-go-round.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Yet more cherry picking of a few extremists to try and justify the unjustifiable. Anjem Choudary was rightly convicted of terrorism charges on 6 September 2016 (8 years ago) and sentenced to five years and six months in prison. He was also restricted with speaking in public or to the media.

We can all pick a few outliers to justify our prejudices but as much as the KKK doesn't represents white America, nor the IRA represents all of Catholic Ireland, we have to look to the majority rather than the minority to see true representation. And the vast majority of muslims in the UK want nothing to do with the likes of Anjem Choudary, ISIS, Sharia Courts or anything else you are trying to make look like the norm.

The simple truth is Enoch's 'prophecies' have thankfully not come true and no amount of you cherry picking extremists to argue otherwise is going to change that fact. 

It is you who is cherry-picking.....Give me an explanation, reason for below, blood on UK street that you and others dismiss...

And please don't come back with, British born and Bred....

Try ethnic roots....

Religion..

Suicide... 

Kill folk they don't know..

499933607_BusBomb3.jpg.5f764bcd61beac88b618a2fded987bd7.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I was being constructive to end the childishness concerning a credible link to a claim by another member - why the member declined to cooperate I do not know. No dobt there are examples of white gangs in UK murdering non whites. Presonally I recall the days of cowardly  '<deleted> bashing.'.

As I observed a great deal of flaming / childish behaviour in this topic. What benefit is to be gained to yet again raise the issue of Enoch Powell's speech which has been 'debated' a number of times on this forum? Just a repeat of prior commentary - same old merry-go-round.

Stay out of it then....????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, transam said:

It is you who is cherry-picking.....Give me an explanation, reason for below, blood on UK street that you and others dismiss...

Try ethnic roots....

Religion..

Suicide... 

Perhaps rather than asking for explanations from people here you should consult the statements made by those terrorists.

Regardless, this terrorist act can nor in any sense be seen as the civil war Powell was predicting not anyone wielding the ‘whip hand’.

Powell was very aware of the Terrorist attacks the UK had already suffered at the time of his speaking - he did not mention terrorism.

He was not talking about terrorism, he was talking about civil war and black people having the whip hand.

He certainly was not talking about millions of immigrants who live peaceably in the UK, obey the law, work hard, study hard, strive for a better life, contribute to the good of the nation - the truth of millions of immigrant lives in the UK.

Powell was a racist.

Then, as now, he had his admirers and defenders.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps rather than asking for explanations from people here you should consult the statements made by those terrorists.

Regardless, this terrorist act can nor in any sense be seen as the civil war Powell was predicting not anyone wielding the ‘whip hand’.

Powell was very aware of the Terrorist attacks the UK had already suffered at the time of his speaking - he did not mention terrorism.

He was not talking about terrorism, he was talking about civil war and black people having the whip hand.

He certainly was not talking about millions of immigrants who live peaceably in the UK, obey the law, work hard, study hard, strive for a better life, contribute to the good of the nation - the truth of millions of immigrant lives in the UK.

Powell was a racist.

Cherry-picking with words, just like the others.

Try answering the question I put to another, but you won't, I wonder why, probably it will point to Enoch was right....????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

Try ethnic roots....

Religion..

Suicide... 

As I've said before, religous extremists who don't represent the vast majority of muslims. Next!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Cherry-picking with words, just like the others.

Try answering the question I put to another, but you won't, I wonder why, probably it will point to Enoch was right....????

I’m not cherry picking anything.

Nobody here can answer for terrorist attacks, but it’s odd how you introduce them into the discussion then selectively ignore the history of terrorism in the UK in order to make some off topic point.

Powell was not talking about terrorism, despite the recent history of terrorist attacks in the UK at the time he was speaking.

He was directing fear and hatred against immigrants, at the time he did so the vast majority of immigrants where black Caribbeans.

Odd too, you yourself have chosen to ignore white terrorist attacks in the UK.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not cherry picking anything.

Nobody here can answer for terrorist attacks, but it’s odd how you introduce them into the discussion then selectively ignore the history of terrorism in the UK in order to make some off topic point.

Powell was not talking about terrorism, despite the recent history of terrorist attacks in the UK at the time he was speaking.

He was directing fear and hatred against immigrants, at the time he did so the vast majority of immigrants where black Caribbeans.

Odd too, you yourself have chosen to ignore white terrorist attacks in the UK.

Who is ignoring any terrorists attacks by any colour, not me, I have posted regarding foreign rooted folk, immigration, Enoch's thoughts, remember, the thread topic, it is you and another who want to twist the thread into something else, yet you will not respond to factual stuff I have posted, you just go off slagging the UK in general. It will be the SAS next..... ????

1 hour ago, transam said:

Who is ignoring any terrorists attacks by any colour, not me, I have posted regarding foreign rooted folk, immigration, Enoch's thoughts, remember, the thread topic, it is you and another who want to twist the thread into something else, yet you will not respond to factual stuff I have posted, you just go off slagging the UK in general. It will be the SAS next..... ????

You’ve singled out terrorism by a tiny minority from a particular demographic within society, while, like Powell, ignoring the group that had a history of Terrorism in the UK at the time Powell was speaking.

There’s a reason why the thread topic is not ‘Powell predicted terrorism’.

Powell knew of terrorism, but never mentioned it as an issue, he wasn’t talking about terrorism.

Where’s the civil war he predicted?

Where’s the immigrant wielding the whip hand he predicted?

Where in his predictions are the millions of law abiding immigrants living peaceably in the UK, working hard for a better life and contributing to the good of the nation?

Powell was a racist, his predictions where both racist and wrong.

The correlation between those who admire and defend Powell in this thread and those who post anti immigrant comments on numerous other threads is there for all to see.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ve singled out terrorism by a tiny minority from a particular demographic within society, while, like Powell, ignoring the group that had a history of Terrorism in the UK at the time Powell was speaking.

There’s a reason why the thread topic is not ‘Powell predicted terrorism’.

Powell knew of terrorism, but never mentioned it as an issue, he wasn’t talking about terrorism.

Where’s the civil war he predicted?

Where’s the immigrant wielding the whip hand he predicted?

Where in his predictions are the millions of law abiding immigrants living peaceably in the UK, working hard for a better life and contributing to the good of the nation?

Powell was a racist, his predictions where both racist and wrong.

The correlation between those who admire and defend Powell in this thread and those who post anti immigrant comments on numerous other threads is there for all to see.

"All to see", so are anti-British Brits..........????

Again, you drift off with your assumptions.

Who admires Enoch Powell....?

You say Enoch never used the word terrorism, so what, you are using that as an excuse to cover up terrorism by foreign rooted folk in the UK, blood is blood, UK streets are UK streets.

You avoid my 7/7/2005 terrorist attack as if it wasn't committed by foreign rooted folk, of foreign rooted ideologies and religion, all stemming from immigration. Why is that...?

You wonder off into white-mans's terrorism by the likes of the IRA, which has sod all to do with immigration .....????

13 minutes ago, transam said:

You say Enoch never used the word terrorism, so what, you are using that as an excuse to cover up terrorism by foreign rooted folk in the UK, blood is blood, UK streets are UK streets.

You avoid my 7/7/2005 terrorist attack as if it wasn't committed by foreign rooted folk, of foreign rooted ideologies and religion, all stemming from immigration. Why is that...?

You wonder off into white-mans's terrorism by the likes of the IRA, which has sod all to do with immigration .....????

If blood is blood and streets are streets, I guess somebody getting punched on the nose in the local market for making a racist remark meets the ‘blood on the streets’, criteria.

The ‘Civil war’ and ‘whip hand’ remarks are a little harder to demonstrate as factual predictions.

While, like all racists, Powell made no predictions about the millions of immigrants we can see in the UK (if you bother going there) who obey the law, work hard for a better life and contribute for the betterment of the nation.

Of course he didn’t, Powell was a racist, he stuck to fear and hate mongering that then, as now, is gladly received by some.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

The IRA is to to with immigration.. of English people into Ireland...with a different religion and beliefs / culture etc

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

If blood is blood and streets are streets, I guess somebody getting punched on the nose in the local market for making a racist remark meets the ‘blood on the streets’, criteria.

The ‘Civil war’ and ‘whip hand’ remarks are a little harder to demonstrate as factual predictions.

While, like all racists, Powell made no predictions about the millions of immigrants we can see in the UK (if you bother going there) who obey the law, work had for a better life and contribute for the betterment of the nation.

Of course he didn’t, Powell was a racist, he stuck to fear and hate mongering that then, as now, is gladly received by some.

It seems you, something to feed on.....????