What a lovely ceiling.

sipi

Go to bed at 11pm.

1am, staring at the ceiling. 

3am, staring at the ceiling.

5am, staring at the ceiling.

6am, get up.

Following night, repeat...

What I would give for a good night's sleep. I can't even blame the chickens or the karaoke bar.

I am a really bad sleeper. I find that not eating too late, not eating too many sweet things in the evening, and plenty of exercise all help.

Since I have cut out bicuits (cookies for our American friends), in the evening, I sleep a lot better.

The other thing  is keeping the bedroom cool. I turn the aircon before I go to bed and also have a fan. I still tend to wake around 2 or 3 am, and turn the aircon on for a while to cool down again. Usually fall straight back to sleep again

HTH

• Like 2

What has the OP tried in pursuit of a good night's sleep?

1/  50 mg of a drowsy anti-histamine puts me to sleep for 6-8 hours.

2/ 25 mg of THC in an edible cookie sedates me for 5 - 6 hours.

3/  Memories of the women I have bonked may not get me off to sleep, but it does 

IMO beat staring at a ceiling.

• Like 1

Malatonin up to 10mg some 30 minutes before sleep. 
lazada 100 pills 10mg 420b. 
beer helps me to fall asleep. 
Do body check up at least once a year to see any upcoming. Stool occult blood in series of 3. 
Get camomille herbal tea, hydrate yourself all day in excess, switch to light foods, vegetarian, vegan, raw vegetables, salads. 
Milk suppose to help from calcium (if you tolerate milk) or get pills. 
Get some 30 minutes walk to tire yourself slightly and get oxygen. 
Get window blinds so you can see a ceiling, and dont hear anything from outside, listen to calming music 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

Do body check up at least once a year to see any upcoming. Stool occult blood in series of 3. 
Get camomille herbal tea, hydrate yourself all day in excess, switch to light foods, vegetarian, vegan, raw vegetables, salads. 
Get window blinds so you can see a ceiling, and dont hear anything from outside, listen to calming music 

None of the above apart from booze worked for me.

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

MELATONIN helps me also.  I'm 90kg and only 5 mg seems to work well with no morning fuzzyness. I found the chewable tablets not to be as effective as the normal tablets.

Sometimes I'll take a break from Melatonin and use acetaminophen-PM which I buy on i-herb.  Works well but makes for vivid dreams, not nightmares but very strong dreams.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is that 3 separate tests? what gap between tests?

I don't know, maybe every week or so.

I would do every time when going to hospital/laboratory with something else, to make at least 3x per year.

But I read some forumers are doing even quarterly check ups at the governmental hospitals.

In the west there are FOBT/FIT self tests at pharmacies, from $15, just read about it yesterday. My thai pharmacist still hasn't answered me if she has them, probably they don't have. It's an instant test, saves time running to hospital/laboratory.

• Like 1

Go to your local Government Hospital's Cannabis Clinic, consult with the Dr and inquire about CBD oil for insomnia. I've been using it since March and it helps me. The CBD oil is provided at no cost. My only cost is the Drs 240 baht consultation and follow-up fee. 

Edited by tweedledee2
corrected

On 9/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, Beachcomber said:

Buy an MP3 player with ear buds and download some audio books to listen too.

Works better than counting sheep ????

Great idea, I sometimes do this. Works really well for redirecting your thoughts, and you've made progress finishing that book you haven't managed to get around to. 

Ambient noise is another good method. Lots of this on youtube: rain, streams, fireplaces, Star Trek engine noise . . . .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...