Best swimming pool in Pattaya - where is it?

Baron Samedi

Hello wonderful people of Pattaya !

I'm trying to figure out where I could find a decent swimming pool in this town.

I've spotted a nice little place earlier today not too far from the junction between soi Pothole and Thanon Chalermprakiat.

Some sort of beer garden I believe with a swimming pool in the middle.

Nice place but the pool was too small.

So anyway. Where can I find a swimming pool where I can actually... swim ????

Thanks

30 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

Ok. So how does it work? I just present myself at the reception and ask if I can use the pool? How much is it usually? Thx

No, they are usually free to residents. Some hotels allow 'guests' in for a payment. There used to be a public pool on the roof of the old Mike Shopping Mall, but no more. Would Pattaya Water Park work for you? https://goo.gl/maps/Sb1WNauTzHh5wKFAA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

No, they are usually free to residents. Some hotels allow 'guests' in for a payment. There used to be a public pool on the roof of the old Mike Shopping Mall, but no more. Would Pattaya Water Park work for you? https://goo.gl/maps/Sb1WNauTzHh5wKFAA

I'm looking for non-resident friendly pools so to say ????

I'll have a look at Pattaya Water Park but I'm pretty sure it's expensive.

What I had in mind was more the kind of place where you pay 40THB or so to access the pool and thats it you know. Like a municipal swimming pool back in our countries you know.

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

Sabai Lodge (Soi 2) used to have one of the test pools in town. Big enough to swim, and warm enough during the colder months because of a good sun exposure and the fact that the pool is at ground level. 

Sounds cool. Can a non-resident pay a fee to use that pool ?

• Haha 1

My friend, just google largest swimming pools in Pattaya.

You will find most of them in Condo complexes like Dusit, or Atlantic, etc.

Walk in, in your swimming attire, noboby will stop you.

Free swimming for as long as you wish.

Pattaya is still foreigner-friendly, and you can use this "loophole" for as long as you wish.

A freebie would be the beautiful girls, that you could possibly chat up and meet afterwards.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GaryPustynskiy said:

One public swimming pool do actually exists in Pattaya:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nongprue+Swimming+Pool/@12.9448744,100.9317756,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102bf36448de6eb:0x23263a950640dac5!8m2!3d12.9449935!4d100.9343334

30B per person last time I checked. Google Maps photos are outdated, there's a roof above the pool now:

202712180_315070480284209_6039387700409020096_n.jpg

Exactly what I was looking ????

Gonna try and figure an easy way to go there.

Thx man

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hotel pool for non-resident is not that cheap. 

Paid 200 B  in a  3.5* Hotel for using a long and narrow roof top ( very cold water ) great for lap swimming in Soi 4 area few years back. 

Also had swam in 4* Siam-By-Design/Siam-At-Siam roof top photo-perfect pool years ago,  the deal there was buying 500 B food/drink voucher. 

In the condo pool,   swam in View-Talay Six ( just beside Central-Hilton )  as a condo-rental guest almost 10 years ago.   It is of course a very old building and pool maintenance may be iffy.   The pool in View Talay Six is not too good or too bad for lap swim.  However,  you may be able to wander in  as security is very lax in that building. The pool is on ground level next to the high-rise. 

Best pool I have swam in Pattaya is The Base Condo ( soi 12 ).   Very big and exceptional view roof top pool.   Stayed there for few nights 4 years ago.  Recalled that one needs key card to use the elevator to get up.   

On Soi two Sabai Lodge,  stayed and swam there too.   Pool is a bit small for lap swim. ;

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

Exactly what I was looking ????

Gonna try and figure an easy way to go there.

Thx man

Reason I ask this public Pool is what I was going to suggest.  It is largest public pool I know and it is covered. From town maybe 8-10 KM,  motorbike taxi maybe 120baht,  car 200 baht?  

• Like 1

There's 2 big pools just off ban noen plubwan. Both are 50 thb to use both sell food and drinks. The one near the Bangkok bank is 30 metres.

Saichon pool is 25 metres both are really good for swimming and underused most of the time.

Screenshot_20220907-211835_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220907-211922_Maps.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...