"Under consideration" stamp - flexible date?

I have searched the forums but cannot find an answer, so:

re annual extension, non-O marriage. I got the usual 'under consideration' stamp inviting me to return on September 16. Do I get into trouble if I wait a couple of days? Must it be exactly that day or, like the 90-day report, up to a week after?

Reason is that if I wait till 21 Sep I could do the 90-day at the same visit.

Any useful comment appreciated. (IO is Samut Prakan, which I rarely find a problem except it's inconvenient to get there!).

15 minutes ago, SantikamSpinner said:

I got the usual 'under consideration' stamp inviting me to return on September 16. Do I get into trouble if I wait a couple of days?

You have to go on that date only.

Only exception = Saturday/Sunday or a Thai holiday

90 day report can be done 15 days before the due date printed on the slip.

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

90 day report is flexible.

Pick up your extension on Sep 16 and do the 90 day report.

You "loose" 5 days on your 90 day report, is that a concern for you?

And have you tried online 90 day report?

I know the 90-day is flexible, I'm asking about the under consideration. If I go on the due date, it's just over 15 days before (the 90 day).

And you should know that the first 90-day after a new extension has to bedone in person - or at least that was the case last year.

24 minutes ago, SantikamSpinner said:

If I go on the due date, it's just over 15 days before (the 90 day).

Didn't get that from the post.

Wait for more response

@ubonjoe to the rescue :smile:

As far as I know it is possible to go and pick up the extension after the consideration stamp because the extension is valid from the date that it has been approved even if it is not stamped in your passport yet.

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 2 weeks later...

Guys -

just in case anyone is interested, I found some "answers" from experience and pass them on:

1. do you have to present on the exact day for under consideration? Apparently so - I did so and asked what would happen if I forgot and arrived next week, but no-one in IO would understand or admit to it. "Must come this day" was all I can get.

2. despite my previous experience and those of many others on this forum, it seems now we CAN use online 90-day reporting for the first report after extension. Definitely not the case last year, but I tried and just got approved, so don't let anyone say there is no progress at all!

Rgds

The "under consideration" date is flexible to a limited extent. If Immigration has not called you, you can assume your extension is 100% approved, and you already have that extension in principle, with just a missing stamp in your passport to prove it. That said, some officials would be pretty annoyed if you turned up three weeks late.

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

The "under consideration" date is flexible to a limited extent. If Immigration has not called you, you can assume your extension is 100% approved, and you already have that extension in principle, with just a missing stamp in your passport to prove it. That said, some officials would be pretty annoyed if you turned up three weeks late.

these things all depend on individual IOs, of course, but no-one at mine has ever called me for anything. For a start, they don't have my number.

Plus two officers denied I could come late when I asked them.

So I'm not sure what you are adding.