Haven't been in Thailand since 2019, is it worth a visit atm? (un'vax'xed un'test'ed etc.)

flyDelight

11 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Some hotels were demanding the vax a year ago.

Btw...have you checked into one in the past year and a half or just making stuff up?

Obviously,the more ppl give info on this issue the better.

1 year ago 555

Whole world changed in 3 months

A year ago many people no vaccine at all now most have

I went to 6 towns, 3 flights, 1 bus, 2 trains, 8 hotels

Most places no mask

Even on planes leave around neck nobody cares

Keep mask in pocket, take vaccine proof for airport thats it

2 hours ago, VinnieK said:

I would give it a miss for now.

90% mask compliance in the streets ...mass psychosis still in full swing...little foot traffic outside.

Btw...are some hotels still asking for the vaxx?

Other forum members might want to chime in on this one.

Arrived on 3rd Sept from Manchester via dubai, no vax certificate asked for, hotel in bkk, nothing asked for, sky train advise you wear a mask. 

32 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Dont need a mask at all in most places. Airport, train, bus only. 1 temple. Check in hotel.

Everywhere else no mask.

I dont know what the others are talking about.

They ask for vaccine proof in airports.

Flew back to chiang mai on 5th Sept with Airasia, no vaccination certificate required on check in.

6 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

How can what I see in front of me, with my own eyes, be nonsense?

Also, other posters who live here

Because its 1 town

Because its not law but rather personal choice

Have u been in isaan this week? No

Phuket? No

Cm? No

Tourists need to care about laws not count the no of mask wearers

Thais are still pretending its the black plague, compliance in bangkok is higher than 95%, I would go a surrounding country instead for now heard Vietnam is pretty much back to normal, there's a very small hope it changes here on the 1st October if government downgrade causes the news presenters and influencers to demask but it's more probable Thailand remains a mask mecca into 2023

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Also, other posters who live here are posting the same story.

True. Like it or not.

I stopped silly mask wearing on the bike but also have to accept grannys on bicycles with mask!

Lotus Makro all masked.

Of course mask in all government, banks etc 

And from the OP I suggest: find another country. Not only for the mask topic.

Land of the free?

Haha

8 years under the rule of a coup general.

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Please note that I did acknowledge that the tourist areas will be different, why don't you open your mind up to the fact that the places in Thailand that you haven't visited might not be the same as the places that you have actually visited?

Only Thai covid laws matter which are normally countrywide.

Whether 10% or 90% of locals where a mask is not important.

Why would a tourist care about stuff that isnt important?

• Like 1

I'm in north-central Thailand, not a tourist area.  About half the people here go without masks outdoors.  No one expresses any negativity regarding the fact that I am not wearing one.  I walk into Makro and BigC without a mask, no problem--even though, in those places, it is very rare to go without.  It's not mandatory, and they don't attempt to enforce it.  Except when visiting a very sick friend in the hospital recently who is basically on life support, I haven't worn a mask in months (and I wore the mask there for my friend's comfort--not for my own protection).

I've never been asked anywhere about the vaccine, but I haven't stayed in hotels or gone to any airports.  I'm aware of unvaxxed friends who have traveled abroad and back, passing through quarantine upon their return, but that was before quarantines were lifted.  I don't know what requirements might be in place now for the unvaxxed.

Regarding covid--it's still spreading like the common flu around here.  Everyone will eventually be exposed, no doubt.  I've had it, but every time I'm around someone who's fresh with it, it seems that some of the sniffles recur (fortunately not much beyond that)--and it matters not whether one is wearing a mask or not, the contagion goes right through these paper masks. 

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

You have very limited knowledge of Thailand, You don't even realize how big and busy Samutprakarn is.

You haven't been to the non tourist areas in Bangkok (the places where the locals live).

You are clueless about Thailand outside of a couple of back-water villages and tourist areas (Phuket, CM).

Just a clueless tourist who thinks that he knows Thailand than the ex-pats who live here.

Pointless in talking if you are not listening.

Wrong. Ive been to bkk 20 times. Spent heaps of time in non tourist areas.

Your info is based on "personal choice" not Thai laws

I speak Thai, married Thai over 15 years.

I care about Thai laws not whether Somchai likes masks or not.

1 which thai laws say tourists have to wear masks all the time, point out the legislation

2 which thai laws say tourists have to show vaccine proof in hotels or bars?

Dont tell me you saw 99/100 people wearing a mask in a street. Thats not important.

People sitting in airport no mask!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mnomad said:

Thais are still pretending its the black plague, compliance in bangkok is higher than 95%, I would go a surrounding country instead for now heard Vietnam is pretty much back to normal, there's a very small hope it changes here on the 1st October if government downgrade causes the news presenters and influencers to demask but it's more probable Thailand remains a mask mecca into 2023

Outside bkk no issues

Nobody cares hardly

Avoid bkk perhaps

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Just a clueless tourist who thinks that he knows Thailand than the ex-pats who live here.

Why would an expat in cm be an expert on trang?

A tourist who went there 3 times would know more than an expat who never went.

I wouldnt ask a Thai who lives in Phitsanulok to know much about Koh Chang unless they went there.

Don't know why farangs who live in Thailand think they know everything.