20 baht shops/dollar shops

SteezyP

Tonnes of markets all over the island. Stay away for the small beachside, convenient ones as they are traps.

Covid effects still really impacting the market scene badly.

I'd suggest you get on Google and search out 'markets' day and night. I live here but an too lazy to give you links.

As for super cheap stuff, how can anyone from e.g. Europe or Australia, (the US is a bit cheaper for cheap stuff compared) (despite the island markups) complain about paying 250 or 300 for a decent quality t shirt is beyond me. 

Yeah, yeah you can get it for 100 or 150 in BKK, ... so what! Go there and buy if you are dead set on finding the cheapest stuff imaginable.

As to those here who posted Phuket is horrible for markups ... The go to Rome, Amalfi Coast, Paris or London and see how much cheap stuff you can find. Phuket is a tourist location for goodness sake!

I guess whinging is an international pastime.

If you're a truly 'cheap charlie' then save for your next trip to BKK and hit JJ markets for your "20 baht" hit.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:32 AM, SteezyP said:

I'm in Rawai but haven't found any. Are there any of these shops around here?

Your question has also come up on my facebook news feed .

I am currently in London and I have never been to Phuket and I have no idea where 20 Baht shops are .

You could look around when you are out and about in Phuket ?

I live in Phuket now four years. Take bus songthell to old market Phuket town. Pink bus 2 or pink bus new bus station or blue songtell north bound.

after Phuketa resort

alight seven 11 

blue songtell will stop at $1 shop pink bus 711 from 711

walk back five minutes. Huge $ store.

you pay for what you spend on item. Most items 25 b

in the garden I pay more at super cheap for garden tools

i buy cheap tools also.

im concerned production distribution will shrink.

in Phuket many items in shops have to buy from Bangkok.

shops are not holding stock re order.

at $ shop I’ve spent 12,000 b because production is shrinking distribution also. Blue pvc pipe fittings 5 b each. Other shops 20b I enjoy visiting kitchen shop. Is expensive can save in $ shop if starting kitchen. Rule of 3 3 hammers 3 of each screw driver…

in central plaza Japanese shop $2 shop tools kitchen lights 

ok to identify cheap Charlie 

if life circumstance changes give away move on $500 spent not $3000.

condo residents often move leaving everything.

I have not found opportunities to give items to needy. Sad! Most in garbage wasted not re purposed.

after $ shop is super cheap where Meinmar folk shopping is economy.

careful do not buy too much use shopping list. To buy impulsively can prove reckless.

For best food value find dried beans seeds rice mushroom seaweed bean curd spices herbs. Here is value without refrigeration pre soak cook with dried fish fresh vegetables beans rice spices Nam prik some egg. Eggs ok out of fridge five days.

I bought 12 months food covid

as I use I replenish.

I am not living as farang I’m living for best food nutrition and sustainability. Have two gardens grow Thai vegetables fruit… hope to have land for myself!
Then not apartment  condo

live by ocean with nature.

I hope …

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Tonnes of markets all over the island. Stay away for the small beachside, convenient ones as they are traps.

Covid effects still really impacting the market scene badly.

I'd suggest you get on Google and search out 'markets' day and night. I live here but an too lazy to give you links.

As for super cheap stuff, how can anyone from e.g. Europe or Australia, (the US is a bit cheaper for cheap stuff compared) (despite the island markups) complain about paying 250 or 300 for a decent quality t shirt is beyond me. 

Yeah, yeah you can get it for 100 or 150 in BKK, ... so what! Go there and buy if you are dead set on finding the cheapest stuff imaginable.

As to those here who posted Phuket is horrible for markups ... The go to Rome, Amalfi Coast, Paris or London and see how much cheap stuff you can find. Phuket is a tourist location for goodness sake!

I guess whinging is an international pastime.

If you're a truly 'cheap charlie' then save for your next trip to BKK and hit JJ markets for your "20 baht" hit.

seems you are one of the few millionaires on here .

.Good luck to you sir