In Your Opinion: What's the best place for living in Thailand?

I was taken into my past lives in the eighties buy a swedish girl called Karin Jansson who had a band called Curious (Yellow) in Australia. Her partner was Steve Kilbey of somewhat well known band the Church. She co wrote 'Under the Milky Way".

She lay me on the bed and told me to think of floating down a river. I let myself go. The things I saw. 

The Church - Under The Milky Way (Audio only) - YouTube

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I was taken into my past lives in the eighties buy a swedish girl called Karin Jansson who had a band called Curious (Yellow) in Australia. Her partner was Steve Kilbey of somewhat well known band the Church. She co wrote 'Under the Milky Way".

She lay me on the bed and told me to think of floating down a river. I let myself go. The things I saw. 

The Church - Under The Milky Way (Audio only) - YouTube

Wow cool song

Best song by an Aussie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can usually work out if I want to live somewhere within a day of staying staying there. I don't need to live there to know.

I didn't even need to get off the baht bus in Pattaya the day I arrived for the first time to know that I was going to like living there.

True. I just go walk an hour. After that if small town I know good or bad.

1 hour in Udon said dump. I waited 2 days still dump so left. First impression was right.

1 hour in Nong Khai said ok. 2 days later liked it.

Same happens with women. I know within 1 hr if good. 

Bangkok is different as so large.

Kamala was avg to me. Karon is better.

I'm in a small village. Did live at the farm - miles away from any leccy - a few years back. When the daughter discovered the internet we moved to the village.

Small house; nothing special.

156627169_waraphonoldhouse.jpg.af4194972828ccbd745aed03fc2a7ab8.jpg

Still there. Is there a better place in the world to be? I've been all over and I reckon "NO".

38 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Yes. You could've

Picture(d) yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies

Somebody call(ed) you, you answer(ed) quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

(1967)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Yes. You could've

Picture(d) yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies

Somebody call(ed) you, you answer(ed) quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

(1967)

Actually I didn't see too much but when you are 22 you go with it. I saw a man in a heavy coat in a cold climate who apparently was me in a past life. I wasn't a king or a knight or something. Oh well. $50.  Introduced through a swedish girl I met on the gili islands off Lombok. When your young the whole wide world seems to smile with you. But then when you get older you dream of nice apartments or houses in Thailand in which to retire.

My plan in less than 2 years, is Phuket e.g. Phuket town, or Pattaya - somewhere with a nice pool and gym like they show on youtube, or maybe a house on the way to Ranong or Chantabhuri or in the other direction past Hua Hin.  6 months there 6 months in Australia sounds most likely and best.  

On 9/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, ThailandRyan said:

To each there own views. Pattaya is for those wanting a night lifeand like the bar scene, yet HH has a nightlife scene if one wants it. HH is for those of us who like to chill and relax. Great beaches out towards Pranburi near our house. Of course having the condo in BKK as well gives options for weekends out if wanted.

Not at all. I not participate in any way in nightlife. I could not live IN the city though. You have to say Pattaya area. I not like the city, although having an evening with beachview to have dinner, is nice.

I live 10 km from the town, among Thai and expats, with such a different atmosphere. Left I go to the busy town, with all the shops I need, right I can drive for hours, seeing only nature.  Where I live, it could be Phuket, Samui. Najomtien, have some cozy restaurants on beach, can go to Bang Saray. Go to town, for what I need it. I can order Japanese from my house, can eat Belgian, and there are places enough, in and around town to have a nice evening. Jazz music at "à la campagne", some other live music and cocktails near the beach. And I am less then 5 minutes from the 7 highway, that takes me to BKK, without crossing the city.  

8 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Your history of moving around to so many places suggests your senses are wrong most of the time, and perhaps you should take a bit more time in future.

LOL. The problem with thinking one knows about someone that one doesn't know is that one usually gets it wrong. Before I got married I visited as many places in LOS as I could, and after I got married I lived in Pattaya for a year and Lamphun for 4 years. After I got divorced I lived in Chiang Mai a year before leaving Thailand to live in home country. where I have lived in the same place since. Is that moving too often for you?

On 9/20/2022 at 12:36 PM, khunPer said:

I'm living a beach place with hills, of which some a high enough to be small mountains. I carefully checked at a number of places in Thailand before I decided to settle, where I've been living so far 17 outstanding years.

I'm into all year summer and barefoot Christmas, so I found an island in the southern part of the Gulf that is never too cold, nor too warm. Big enough for the all the comforts one needs - airport, cinemas, hospitals, night- and party-life, schools, shopping malls, trendy pubs and restaurants etc. - and small enough to still not being a real city...:thumbsup:

Not too bad an afternoon view either...

image.jpeg.cd22797422e00086e38b7a317164750c.jpeg

Koh Samui.....the best spot for people which want to live near good beaches and still have some city like conveniences like good shopping and broadband.

The weather is the best in Thailand in regards to sea activities, the wet season is only around 2 months. As the island is not that big, one can easily go to a side which is calm and have little waves. More good beaches around at Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.

• Love It 1