In Your Opinion: What's the best place for living in Thailand?

11 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You sound like a dreamer. Life changes every 5 years.

If she is only 28 and you been together 3 years you have no idea about 10 years time let alone 30.

Your relationship isnt even past the 10 year stage.

Have you been together 3 years yet?

Life is what you make of it, if you choose to let things change because you decide it is not going as you want then thats your decision.  Been together long enough, she is also my hair stylist and her salon is where we met many years ago when she styled my hair for a friends wedding in the Philippines, and no she is not Thai.....

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Life is what you make of it, if you choose to let things change because you decide it is not going as you want then thats your decision.  Been together long enough, she is also my hair stylist and her salon is where we met many years ago when she styled my hair for a friends wedding in the Philippines, and no she is not Thai.....

Thats a cliche. First 7 years puppy love. Relationship begins year 7. Make it to year 17 i think you might make 30 years. 

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Thats a cliche. First 7 years puppy love. Relationship begins year 7. Make it to year 17 i think you might make 30 years. 

My first marriage lasted 20 years, the second one 6, both ended because they cheated and decided they wanted bigger money.  I gladly let them fly away, lost nothing but time.  Life is what you make of it, if you think you can enjoy playing the 2 week millionaire the rest of your life, with one night stands and that does it for you then you are free to follow your dreams.  I just hope one day we do not read here about a old foreigner dying while in the sack with a young lady and that old foreigner being you.  That may be how people wish to go out but it is never good for the family they have abandoned in search of their own pleasures.  Life is about more than just you as a person. Happiness is about how you adapt and enjoy what you have.  To each there own, and then to those who make comments such as yours I quoted, you truly have no true knowledge of the way life works and read to many periodicals or watch to many YouTube videos which tell you where to travel to and what you need to look for.  Travel to places never visited by others and make your own choices, not the choices others tell you to make.

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Many? If 28 it cant be many. Many is like 15 or 20 years.

Many is a subjective word, could be a few for some or a long time. You sure do like to bristle when some one does not do as you see they should.  Everyone is different, no wonder your never happy with other commenters posts.  Coffee time is over, need to get back to watching the Business news and looking at my charts.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My first marriage lasted 20 years, the second one 6, both ended because they cheated and decided they wanted bigger money.  I gladly let them fly away, lost nothing but time.  Life is what you make of it, if you think you can enjoy playing the 2 week millionaire the rest of your life, with one night stands and that does it for you then you are free to follow your dreams.  I just hope one day we do not read here about a old foreigner dying while in the sack with a young lady and that old foreigner being you.  That may be how people wish to go out but it is never good for the family they have abandoned in search of their own pleasures.  Life is about more than just you as a person. Happiness is about how you adapt and enjoy what you have.  To each there own, and then to those who make comments such as yours I quoted, you truly have no true knowledge of the way life works and read to many periodicals or watch to many YouTube videos which tell you where to travel to and what you need to look for.  Travel to places never visited by others and make your own choices, not the choices others tell you to make.

I drove around Beung Kan. Saw 2 farangs. Travel is travel. Videos are just ideas. Im not captain cook. Not discovering new places.

2 week millionaires might spend 5000 to 10,000 baht a day.

I spend 1500 to 3000 baht a day. I have a gf. I speak Thai. I can go to any village and talk to people unless they dont know Thai. Isaan folks speak Thai, Isaan and limited English. They all said my Thai was good.

Enjoy the 1 to 7 years. Best love stage. After that it gets more real.

Happiness is an illusion. Same as love and success. Think you are happy you are. Think you arent happy you arent.

How does life work? You do your best. You enjoy each day. You be kind to others. Thats all life is. Football coaches sum up life. 1 week at a time. You have no real control over 3 months time. Next 1 to 7 days is where life is. Do something today to make life better tomorrow whilst enjoying the day. Learn something this week that makes bext week better.  After that it's up to the universe or god.

Chok Dee

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Many is a subjective word, could be a few for some or a long time. You sure do like to bristle when some one does not do as you see they should.  Everyone is different, no wonder your never happy with other commenters posts.  Coffee time is over, need to get back to watching the Business news and looking at my charts.

3 years is a few. Many is more than 10. Ive never heard someone say Ive been married many years and it was less than 10. 

I stay in Rayong for work, and school for for my son. My missus has a business here also. When I retire in a few years I've mulled moving to other parts of the country, but not sure if I'd want to live there permanently. (Rayong is close enough to Pattaya and U-Tapao airport for travel, shopping, etc.).

Chiang Mai is a favorite place to stay and we have friends there, but don't want to be there during the 'burning season' for example.

One of the good things about Thailand is the cheap internal transport, domestic flights and accommodation available here. You can travel around and scout out places to live, or vacation, even on a tight budget.

The thing i find most surprising in this thread, is that the most vocal and 'knowledgeable' posters on all things Thailand are people who have only been here on holiday or lived here 10 years ago and dont have the means to come back!!! yet they know everything about anything on Thailand.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

The thing i find most surprising in this thread, is that the most vocal and 'knowledgeable' posters on all things Thailand are people who have only been here on holiday or lived here 10 years ago and dont have the means to come back!!! yet they know everything about anything on Thailand.

Post your knowledge.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Post your knowledge.

I live in Bangkok and have done for 15 years. I need to live here for work. I like it, if i did not i would move.  Been to all the places mentioned and no major complaints about any of them, some i would fancy more than others but none of them stand out. Some days i see the appeal in living in rural areas, other days that seems the most boring thing on earth.

Big difference spending a few days on holiday in a few places and actually living somewhere, and obviously a big difference in stage of life, retired or working, budget etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

I live in Bangkok and have done for 15 years. I need to live here for work. I like it, if i did not i would move.  Been to all the places mentioned and no major complaints about any of them, some i would fancy more than others but none of them stand out. Some days i see the appeal in living in rural areas, other days that seems the most boring thing on earth.

Big difference spending a few days on holiday in a few places and actually living somewhere, and obviously a big difference in stage of life, retired or working, budget etc.

Agree 100%. No one best spot. Ive been bored in BKK too. If you enjoy kayaking then Sukhumvit isnt the best place to live.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Whats good about Kamala?

The mos important when choosing a place to live, you need to find a connection. 

For me, if not had a gf now wife, I would not move here. Before that I started to travel here because of climbing, diving, Freediving, kayaking and cheap living as well easy visa, but I would not live in Thailand without someone who connected me, because interests is not enough for me to feel any belonging. For a short time yes, but not enough to retire, then it have to be more. 

Moving to Isan without a good reason or anything interesting to do? Alcoholic next 

Isaan is good for those who have a drive to do something positive for themselves and very often it is a small farm or farming when I see foreigners who thrives in Isaan. 

Living in a tourist place becomes boring also when you have absorbed the place for a few years, even you have interest and hobbies. 

Kamala Beach:

Far less tourist than big 3; patong karon kata

not full of box bar or sextourist/sexpats

Lovely less polluted beach during high season, 

as less developed.

Residential area on the other side of main road

A few nice restaurants, fair priced, surfside in the

one section of.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 11:01 AM, KhunLA said:

BINGO ... we have a winner ????

Strangely enough, in all my born days, I have never, even once, visited a bar in Thailand.

This is the God's honest truth.

Maybe, someday.

I am curious.

Curious Yellow, even....

https://youtu.be/2KXjUs31-Wg

The link could not be embedded because youtu.be does not allow embedding of that video.

18 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I can usually work out if I want to live somewhere within a day of staying staying there. I don't need to live there to know.

I didn't even need to get off the baht bus in Pattaya the day I arrived for the first time to know that I was going to like living there.

13 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Kamala Beach:

as less developed.

one section of.

You didn't mention Fantasea. According to google it's still open.

I stayed one night to visit it, but I had no desire to live there. Prefer either busy like Pattaya, or really quiet like Than Sadet. Kamala was neither one nor the other.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can usually work out if I want to live somewhere within a day of staying staying there. I don't need to live there to know.

I didn't even need to get off the baht bus in Pattaya the day I arrived for the first time to know that I was going to like living there.

Your history of moving around to so many places suggests your senses are wrong most of the time, and perhaps you should take a bit more time in future.

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Kamala Beach:

as less developed.

one section of.

Nice waves -- maybe about 6 inches.

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow someone who seems a little bitter from being tossed aside possibly, or just one who acts like the 2 week millionaire playboy.  It is what it is, mine will only be 58 when I am 87 in 30 years.  Life is what you make of it.

Where women are concerned best to rent as needed unless kids are involved.

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Your history of moving around to so many places suggests your senses are wrong most of the time, and perhaps you should take a bit more time in future.

Or gets bored easily, as I do.  Rarely have stayed anywhere (USA) over 5 yrs.  Usually 1-3 yrs, with exception in Thailand, one 7, two 5 yr stint.   Once I'm done exploring an area, a few times, it's usually time to move on.

Settled in permanently now, this house anyway, but O&A quite often ... that boredom thingy.

• Thumbs Up 1