In Your Opinion: What's the best place for living in Thailand?

42 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

yikes. sounds like you're yet to master the good old jai yen yen. I regret clicking on "show this post" ????

Love how you managed to cherry-pick one negative thing I wrote out of the numerous positive things I wrote. ????

Are you one of these, "You gotta love everything about Thailand" guys? ????

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

My hat is on the final hanger in Hua Hin having had 10+ smokey years in Chiang Mai is all I can say ????

If advising a middle class friend from the UK (who had not been to Thailand before but was looking at retirement locations) I would suggest that they start with Hua Hin.

His reaction to a month there would dictate where (if anywhere) he should go next.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

yikes. sounds like you're yet to master the good old jai yen yen. I regret clicking on "show this post" ????

Thanks, I think, well, for the chuckle anyway ...

... as I didn't have to, not that I would ... ????

will power ... may the force by with you.

35-50yo Pattaya 8 mo's a year. 50-70yo Bangkok. Both + four months Koh Tao, southern islands, travel abroad.

70-onwards Bangkok 10 mos a year. Few months travel in Thailand or Japan.

Edited by BonMot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

My hat is on the final hanger in Hua Hin having had 10+ smokey years in Chiang Mai is all I can say ????

Ditto, lived in CM, Udon Thani, out in the village east of Kalasin in Wang Sam Mo then Nong Saeng, Phuket, and BKK. Jyst bought a house in PKK HH. Still have the condo in BKK and we go back and forth as needed for appointments etc....

Edited by ThailandRyan

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I have tried a couple of short stays in places like Isan and almost went insane.

I like Bangkok, but the options for everything I think are in Pattaya.  Not much I dislike about it.

I disliked Pattaya for many reasons, but for nightlife it's ( or used to be ) the best place on the planet. A holiday in LOS was never complete without a few days there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dominus said:

You sum up Pattaya like you actually know what you are talikng about. It actually has everything and is a short drive from mountains, jungles and rice paddies, Also it has several beaches. Jomtien Beach spills into Dongtan Beach which changes to Yim Yom Beach then around the corner on Soi 4 is another beach then there is alo the beach Cozy Beach. Pratumnak is a whole different green area with a lovely park and temple. The only people who decry Pattaya simply dont know the place. For Thai style there is all of third Road Issan Music scene....

IMO he does actually know Pattaya as well or better than any other poster that comments on Pattaya.

I often disagree with his posts, but not about the fundamentals of Pattaya being a great place to live.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nightlife isn't just about bars and that scene which expats seem to be attracted to. Plenty of fine restaurants by the ocean that stay open late and you can hang out and drink at if you want to.

You are welcome to it, but that sort of thing bores me immensely. I can do that in any country with a coast, if I wanted to.

The nightlife is specific to LOS and I never found it anywhere else.

• Like 1