Anyone successfully use FIRESTICK and get HBO GO in Chiang Mai…?

mikey88

Hello….can anyone relate their experience.

I want to buy a FIRESTICK and hopefully connect to HBO GO and well as NETFLIX…

Those two would be enough for me I think…

Can anyone tell me if they’ve actually successfully done this here…?

And if so….where would I buy the FIRESTICK and is it easy to set up….

Appreciate any help….Thanks…

If you get your internet from 3BB, they have a package that includes 3BB gigatv about 730 baht a month with internet... this has HBO GO and about 5 english speaking movie channels, plus all the major news outlet channels, documentaries, a few of the BBC channels, also monomax (more movies and documentaries.

I have had it about a year... very happy with it.. reliable, also excellent customer service.

I also have a firestick from the UK (dodgy one), I pay a bloke 70 quid a year to update it... to get one you need an amazon account.

It has all the sky channels (sport / movies), PPV , every single uk football game and about 50 odd other channels. Also has netflix BUT for this you have to have a netflix account and you will have to use VPN to look UK version.... I am very happy with it well worth the original 80 quid stick and 70 quid update fee..

Hope this helps...

I have a Xiaomi Mi stick global version which works fine. I believe they are about 1500 baht to buy.

The setup is really easy if you already have a Google account. Everything is done through your phone, you don't even have to enter any passwords.

HBO, Netflix, Disney and pretty much everything else that the Google play store has to offer is available.

There is also a Xiaomi Mi box available which is a little bit more money but has a better spec.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I have a Xiaomi Mi stick global version which works fine. I believe they are about 1500 baht to buy.

The setup is really easy if you already have a Google account. Everything is done through your phone, you don't even have to enter any passwords.

HBO, Netflix, Disney and pretty much everything else that the Google play store has to offer is available.

There is also a Xiaomi Mi box available which is a little bit more money but has a better spec.

Thanks for that….does it plug right into the HDMI slot on the TV….and does it have it own remote that comes with it.

I’m pretty ignorant on these issues.

Thats why someone said get the FIRESTICK ..

it has its own remote.

I wouldn’t be using a phone.  I want something that can simply connect to the TV and have it’s own remote…..if that’s possible…

i wpindlnt be using a 

37 minutes ago, mikey88 said:

Thanks for that….does it plug right into the HDMI slot on the TV….and does it have it own remote that comes with it.

I’m pretty ignorant on these issues.

Thats why someone said get the FIRESTICK ..

it has its own remote.

I wouldn’t be using a phone.  I want something that can simply connect to the TV and have it’s own remote…..if that’s possible…

i wpindlnt be using a 

Yes, it comes with its own remote control and plugs into the HDMI.

To power it you have a choice of plugging it into the mains or via the USB on your TV.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Martin71 said:

If you get your internet from 3BB, they have a package that includes 3BB gigatv about 730 baht a month with internet... this has HBO GO and about 5 english speaking movie channels, plus all the major news outlet channels, documentaries, a few of the BBC channels, also monomax (more movies and documentaries.

I have had it about a year... very happy with it.. reliable, also excellent customer service.

I also have a firestick from the UK (dodgy one), I pay a bloke 70 quid a year to update it... to get one you need an amazon account.

It has all the sky channels (sport / movies), PPV , every single uk football game and about 50 odd other channels. Also has netflix BUT for this you have to have a netflix account and you will have to use VPN to look UK version.... I am very happy with it well worth the original 80 quid stick and 70 quid update fee..

Hope this helps...

I also have a non dodgy Fire TV stick, and pay a bloke in UK 30 quid a year for all that you mention updated monthly. I had 3BB Gigatv but was not happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jumping in on this....  Any recommendations regarding Firestick, Roku, Xiaomi Mi Stick and reliable IPTV subscriptions....

Requirements: 

- Something that can plug into a TV home, or a hotel and at work: 

Which is best: Firestick, Roku, Xiaomi Mi Stick to travel around with? something that is not IP blocked.

- An IPTV service which I can load the ‘interface’ (whatever its called) so that I can watch football from on the TV using the ‘portable stick’ - wherever I am. 

- An IPTV service which is not fixed to a MAC address (so I can log in on different devices - not at the same time).

- The same IPTV which also has an App for the iPAD and MacBook laptop (or via the a webpage). 

- Something with simple payment (i.e. Thai Bank Transfer or PayPal in the UK - not crypto / coinbase etc). 

Something which is personally recommended to work at ‘peak watching hours’ i.e. key Premier league games and of course, world cup football. 

Any assistance and feedback welcomed... 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a new Firestick 4K max International and recieved it yesterday.

It is small with a cable that either connects to mains or USB for power. Mine is connected to USB, but some TV's may not be compatible, so also carry a plug that a USB connector can connect to.

I use Tivimate as my IPTV player and set it up using a fake MAC, so you should be able to use it anywhere. I also installed my VPN and multiple Apks to watch free Movies and Series. So far I can do everything on it that I could do on an Android device