Drinking on an empty stomach is NEVER a good idea.

bob smith

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The OP did clarify 10 am was a one-off event, not to be repeated.

What conclusion would you draw from his initial description?

To start with, I wouldn’t conclude that he’s an alcoholic and start advising him to seek help...

The reality is that on this forum as soon as booze is mentioned some posters are tripping over themselves to accuse other posters of being alcoholics on the thinnest of information.... 

I haven’t had a drink for a couple of weeks. 

Yet, catch me at a different time and I may have had a drink every day for the past week, a few beers with dinner, perhaps followed by wine... then some Whisky.... Or playing football, then lots of beers afterwards with the guys....  or round a friends house and end up having as many as 2 or more bottles of wine each....   It just depends on the situation... 

Of course, motion that and some poster will always comment - 2-3 bottles of wine in an evening... you must have a drinking problem !!!....   

Or.. drinking every day for a week, you need help !! etc etc... 

its predictable and boresome.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

To start with, I wouldn’t conclude that he’s an alcoholic and start advising him to seek help...

The reality is that on this forum as soon as booze is mentioned some posters are tripping over themselves to accuse other posters of being alcoholics on the thinnest of information.... 

Yet, catch me at a different time and I may have had a drink every day for the past week, a few beers with dinner, perhaps followed by wine... then some Whisky.... Or playing football, then lots of beers afterwards with the guys....  or round a friends house and end up having as many as 2 or more bottles of wine each....   It just depends on the situation... 

Of course, motion that and some poster will always comment - 2-3 bottles of wine in an evening... you must have a drinking problem !!!....   

Or on the other hand , posters claiming to be alcoholics because they finished off their last nights one can of beer in the morning .

*Had a whole can of beer last night , blacked out drinking it and finished it off this morning , I'm an alcoholic*

Do a google for Sober Curious. Plenty of vids and websites so you don't have to buy the book.

It's a less judgmental, non-12 step program approach to reducing (as you see fit) your drinking.

Was helpful to me. The less I drank, the less I drank. When I do have a drink now, I enjoy it more.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not necessarily contradicting you but it can depend on the context of the topic. There is a difference between pointing a finger towards alcoholism, and on the other hand, suggesting that a good outcome may be a reduction in drinking.

Describing someone as a potential alcoholic may not be called for. In recent topics though, if someone is describing a situation where they are a difficult drunk, or are discussing something sad while noting at the same time that they are on their xth beer or bottle of wine, or they describe being paralytic drunk, throwing up, and asleep in a taxi, one may be entertained, I suppose, or one may suggest a helpful solution may be a reduction in alcohol. 

If you posted the above as a topic, i.e. I like a big drink with the boys from time to time, but tend to have a good time with breaks in between, no one be likely to suggest there is a problem at hand. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

All info is thin. Murders solved. Politics solved. All the experts are on computers, none in fields that matter.

Life is one big series of problems. Die whether you are Hitler or Mother Theresa.

Might as well enjoy life. 

I enjoy drinks. Just rather have 10 hobbies than 1.

20 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

All info is thin. Murders solved. Politics solved. All the experts are on computers, none in fields that matter.

Life is one big series of problems. Die whether you are Hitler or Mother Theresa.

Might as well enjoy life. 

I enjoy drinks. Just rather have 10 hobbies than 1.

Drink beer

Have sex

Post on forums telling everyone to buy low and sell high

What are the 7 other hobbies that you have got ?

14 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The bad news is you probably have a headache this morning.

On the plus side, by posting this trash, you are getting the attention that you so obviously crave & need.

It must be nice to be special.

yep. im a grown man

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Still craving attention me thinks. <deleted> OP @bob smithat least wait until 5pm to enjoy the sunset with your driink. That's what I normally "try" to do.

Edited by soi3eddie

31 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Drink beer

Have sex

Post on forums telling everyone to buy low and sell high

What are the 7 other hobbies that you have got ?

You have 2 hobbies

1 stalking me

2 asking everyone about their sex lives daily (something amiss there)

I think you need new ones

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

3 bottles of wine in an evening is 24 standard drinks. The recommended intake for healthy adult males is 10 standard drinks per week. Perhaps you find that fact boring, as well as the designation of alcohol as a Class 1 carcinogen since 1989.

I don't know or care whether you are an alcoholic or not, but when people deny basic facts and statistics, it irritates me.

I have yet to see an alcoholic here that has died peacefully, all have gone out in a lot of pain. Liver cancer. Portal shunts, if they can afford them. I can't think of a more boring place than a hospital.

Your post certainly affirms the empirical evidence alcohol damages brain cells.

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohols-effects-health/alcohol-and-brain-overview

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You a binge alcoholic..

????

And anybody engaging with the OP, thinking there is even a grain of truth to his posts, probably should consider becoming an alcoholic..

Edited by bobbin

On 9/25/2022 at 10:35 AM, Lacessit said:

3 bottles of wine in an evening is 24 standard drinks. The recommended intake for healthy adult males is 10 standard drinks per week. Perhaps you find that fact boring, as well as the designation of alcohol as a Class 1 carcinogen since 1989.

I don't know or care whether you are an alcoholic or not, but when people deny basic facts and statistics, it irritates me.

I have yet to see an alcoholic here that has died peacefully, all have gone out in a lot of pain. Liver cancer. Portal shunts, if they can afford them. I can't think of a more boring place than a hospital.

Your post certainly affirms the empirical evidence alcohol damages brain cells.

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohols-effects-health/alcohol-and-brain-overview

I’d like to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not shrieking with terror and horror like his passengers