Is driving at a young age legal in Thailand?

Louis slade

On 9/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, BonnieandClyde said:

As kids growing up in semi-rural New York State we drove whatever we could in fields and back roads - anywhere but near towns where we might encounter cops.

It seems to be the same with young people here too.

I think many of us did the same in what ever country we grew up in, the difference here is the kids do it in built up areas/cities and with their parents permision and do so in unsafe ways. Problem is the parents dont care as it makes it easier for tham not having to do anything so they let under age kids rids as well as drive themselves around thn when they are killed they just pop out another one, parenting skills/responsibility in Thailand are virtually non existent and the kids just dont care. We had a local that used to let his 12 year old daughter drive herself to school and he bragged about how great she was, he even took a video of her doing it and posted it onlne but luckily the police saw it and stopped it but agian nothing happened to th girl or the parent

On 10/7/2022 at 9:56 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Ignorance isn't an excuse in the eyes of the law. Those parents were young once.

and probably did the same if they had access to motorcycles without check.

In real rural areas quite possibly only buffalos were available, or what I had to put up with Scotland my feet.