What the hell is the creature that I just found.

Kevin1908

About the size of a grain or rice and looks like a grain of rice. When it started to move I thought an even smaller ant was moving it. Something then appeared  from one end or the other and it took off like rocket. I could believe how fast it was for something the size of a grain of rice. Was in the room that the cats stay in so maybe came from outside on their fur. Looked horrible even if was tiny.

Sounds like a rather large specimen of a springtail, or collembola.  I could be more certain if you had a picture.  Usually they are more grayish in appearance, but they have an outer scaly surface that can be somewhat iridescent, and, depending on the lighting, might appear in other colors.

If it is a collembola, it's rather harmless.

Maybe something like this?

Neonaphorura-duboscqi-20130427-Andy-Murr

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Slow rocket

It's an "Artemis Rocket Bug"!....

We had these in our house a while ago and knowing how much Thais love eating Critters I thought of collecting them and selling them at the local market....But, when I mentioned my idea to a Thai friend he said, "That will never take off"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/artemis-moon-launch-delayed-tropical-storm-ian-strengthens/ :coffee1:

Edited by Troy Tempest

Harmless, shows up during rainy season with high humidity.

Eats food, spider webs, dust even dead insects, ants.

Makes a cocoon with dust, hair, cotton and spider webs incl. sand for protection.

moving around mostly at night, hangig on walls etc.

Ugly beasts! 

Edited by Mentors65

On 9/26/2022 at 8:16 AM, Catoni said:

Oh…. I got body shivers and my blood pressure went up when I saw this creature.  

A tiny insect on the wall does this to you?

A couple of weeks ago while sitting on a chair watching tv I found a 7-inch centipede climbing up my thigh about to head inside my shorts. That's scary.

My FIL spent last night at our place sleeping on a mattress on the floor. In the early hours of this morning all were awoken by his shouts as he had a similar one crawling on his face. Transpired it had stung him on the calf. Have to listen to his moans and groans this morning.

centipede.jpg.c09544e2325b82ee0eeb766174bf31ad.jpg

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A couple of weeks ago while sitting on a chair watching tv I found a 7-inch centipede climbing up my thigh about to head inside my shorts. That's scary.

My FIL spent last night at our place sleeping on a mattress on the floor. In the early hours of this morning all were awoken by his shouts as he had a similar one crawling on his face. Transpired it had stung him on the calf. Have to listen to his moans and groans this morning.

Sorry about your stings.  I used to fear centipedes and want to kill them, too, before I learned how good they are.  Now I catch and release them in the garden.  Centipedes will eat snails, and snails definitely need more predators!

16 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Sorry about your stings.  I used to fear centipedes and want to kill them, too, before I learned how good they are.  Now I catch and release them in the garden.  Centipedes will eat snails, and snails definitely need more predators!

If they are just common house centipedes, we ignore them. They eat the bad bugs we don’t want around. 
   But their large cousins….no… don’t want them. They can bite/sting.  House centipedes are rarely able to puncture our skin. 

8152221D-35DB-46EA-B71E-33E02F4DC2F7.jpeg

On 9/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, Old Croc said:

Got stung by one of these a few years back. Can attest that it was extremely painful and has never really healed, second toe, I started a thread on it