Thailand sets US$46.2 billion tourism revenue target for 2023

webfact

Strange!  Up until now, TAT have always spouted how many zillion Baht will be screwed extracted out of the foreign tourists.  Now all of a sudden, they quoting in terms of millions of US Dollars.  Is this a forewarning of another 1979 financial crash when tourists had to pay for their Thai flight, hotels and many other expenses in US Dollars at exorbitant exchange rate determined by the vendor ?

• Like 1

I think the government should pay Thai people to settle in the countries where the majority of tourists come from. They could send them reports on the situation inside each country and refine their forecasts. Because I don't have the impression that the gigantic crisis which is only beginning in Europe and which should see the Euro disappear with the consequences that this will have, in particular on the American economy, is well understood here. The way I see things (and many economists, I'm not making this up) I think that in terms of tourism, the occupancy rate should be closer to the Covid period than to the current or previous period.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai government has set the tourism revenue target for 2023 at 1.73 billion baht (US$46.2 billion) – 80 per cent of what the Kingdom achieved in 2019, reported The Bangkok Post

With the way the world is at the moment and Putin cranking up for World war III Thailand will be lucky to get half of that next year.

Unless they open the borders and offer Russians sanctuary while their asylum papers are being processed.

19 hours ago, Jerno said:

And are these expected visitors Quality Tourists or Big Spenders we heard about repeatedly at nauseam all last year?  And where's the Ultra-Rich tourists touted repeatedly by the inept Govt?

Under sanction wondering how to move their wealth.