TM30 without TM6

I own a condo in Thailand, and I have an account at the government Immigration website for online TM30 registration.

I am not in Thailand now, but I will return soon.

One of the fields in the online TM30 form is your TM6 number. Now, as I understand it, TM6 is not in use. So what should I put as the TM6 number on the TM30 online form when I return to Thailand?

Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

Thank you very much for any input on this.

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not a required field to submit the TM30 report now.

They fixed it fairly quickly after immigration stopped doing the TM6 since many hotels use the online system.

Thank you very much. And yes, this is as you say the same system as the hotels use, so this makes sense ????

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why do you need to make a TM30.

Are you entering on a new visa. 

I am not on a new visa now. But I have been filling out the TM30 when returning to Thailand for many years now.

I know people debate whether it has to be done or not. Some immigration offices/officers ask for the TM30 when you go there to apply for extensions and so on, others do not. I was actually asked for it when I asked for a residency statement for my driving license renewal about 3 years ago, for example.

Some say you need to fill in the TM30 when traveling in Thailand and returning to your own condo, some say you do not have to. Some say you have to fill in the TM30 always when returning from abroad, some say you only have to do it if you have a new visa. Some say you only have to do it if you change your address in Thailand. And so on and so forth.

I know all this is cause for worry and frustration for many of those who do not have an account on the Immigration website for registering TM30 info online. But I do, and it only takes me a few minutes to get it done when I enter my condo, so I do it just to be safe. And this is why I wanted to make sure I would not run into problems with the online form this time when reading that the TM6 is currently not issued.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

23 minutes ago, stateofmind said:

But I do, and it only takes me a few minutes to get it done when I enter my condo, so I do it just to be safe

Whatever works for you go for it.

However don't need to be interested in what some say and do in relation to the TM30 requirements.

The "new rules" are very clear and just for others reading the TM30 in your personal example was not required. 

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no debate now since immigration issued a new regulation in June of 2020 for TM30 reporting.

A new TM30 is not required when entering the country with a re-entry permit or a multiple entry visa. Only if you enter with a new visa or visa exempt is one needed. The same regulation states that a new one is not required when traveling within the country.

Thank you very much, I did not know this. Your help and insight is very much appreciated ????

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Whatever works for you go for it.

However don't need to be interested in what some say and do in relation to the TM30 requirements.

The "new rules" are very clear and just for others reading the TM30 in your personal example was not required. 

Got it. Thank you ????

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no debate now since immigration issued a new regulation in June of 2020 for TM30 reporting.

A new TM30 is not required when entering the country with a re-entry permit or a multiple entry visa. Only if you enter with a new visa or visa exempt is one needed. The same regulation states that a new one is not required when traveling within the country.

Does that also apply to when you do a new extension?

10 hours ago, stateofmind said:

I was actually asked for it when I asked for a residency statement for my driving license renewal about 3 years ago, for example.

Maybe at that time it was still required (in theory) to submit a fresh TM30 after each and every time you had spent at least 1 night away from the address at which the previous TM30 was registered. But, as alluded to by @ubonjoe and @DrJack54, this requirement was eased in June 2020, as announced at that time by a Police Regulation which you can download from the pinned "Laws, regulations, Police Orders, etc. related to visas, immigration matters, and work permits" thread (items 30 (English) and 31 (Thai) under the Visa heading).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

I stated this here before, and was told by CW immigration. 

Since my last extension was not issues by Bangkok and I now moved to live in Bangkok, I must submit a TM30 on every re-entry back to Thailand until my next extension is done. Which will then be done by Bangkok immigration. Thereafter no need.

On a different note:

I entered Thailand in June 2022, at that time was given a TM6; I am at Suvarnabhumi now, handed the Immigration Officer my passport / boarding pass / TM6 / and was handed back the TM6 in my passport, I destroyed it and throw into the bin.

3 hours ago, node said:

I stated this here before, and was told by CW immigration. 

Since my last extension was not issues by Bangkok and I now moved to live in Bangkok, I must submit a TM30 on every re-entry back to Thailand until my next extension is done. Which will then be done by Bangkok immigration. Thereafter no need.

On a different note:

I entered Thailand in June 2022, at that time was given a TM6; I am at Suvarnabhumi now, handed the Immigration Officer my passport / boarding pass / TM6 / and was handed back the TM6 in my passport, I destroyed it and throw into the bin.

In which case we are, I think, talking about another example of blatant roguery on the part of CW - coming as it does on top of a recent report on here stating that they are not prepared to transfer stamps from old to new passports in the absence of an updated bank passbook!

CW's pristine reputation among some on here has taken a bit of a knock, I think!!

Edited by OJAS