Liz Truss’s premiership has got off to the worst start possible

Scott

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

A Communist tabloid like The Guardian creating bad press for The Tories using quotes from the good old un-named sources.????

No, not tough to take at all. Entirely predictable in fact. 

Hardly communist as it's supported by the Gates Foundation.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Or it shows how fickle the markets can be ,  you may have noticed the pound has started to recover already, surely this can now be heralded as a positive sign  or do we only comment when it drops, ? It would appear your understanding of things leaves a bit to be desired 

Markets may be fickle, they may be irrational but their reaction is not unimportant.

Your words: "Yes market reaction is unimportant and in this case should definitely be ignored." 

Therefore you don't think that the BoE should have made any statements or allocated £65m to prop up sterling in recent days?

I'd hazard a guess that if the BoE hadn't intervened and commented, the value of sterling would have continued to fall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Perhaps you should google "partygate".

No need to google it , that was my point , a minor event that was regular headline news in the mainly left wing media , which was a cause of his unpopularity and some people who hadn't conformed to the stay at home rules, suddenly become extremely upset because someone else may not have conformed to those rules 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, superal said:

Last night I watched BBC Question time . There was a lively audience that was made up from a majority of previous Tory voters . When asked for a show of hands of who would vote for the Tories at the next election , there were no hands up

Here is that show in question .

At what time are the audience asked the question about who they are going to vote for ?

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So let me get this right.

People can’t make their minds up by themselves, they need the minority of the media that can reasonably described as ‘Left wing’ to indoctrinate them?

The public are easily swayed and influenced by media headlines .

Had the after works drinks not been so heavily publicised and such an issue made out of it by the left wing media, it would have passed by without much attention .

Dominic Cummings is a good example of how the media can turn the general public against any given person , he went from being unknown , to a person who needs to be fired and now back to being unknown again , all because the medias anti tory reports 

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I think the public were swayed by the experience of not being able to visit their loved ones dying in hospital, not being able to attend the funerals of those they had lost.

And then being presented with the fact Johnson was residing over a No10 in which the staff that report to him were boozing it up, and the fact, he was joining them.

Well done to the press for reporting the facts of Johnson’s hypocrisy and double standards.

Boo to you for blaming the press for revealing the facts.

Really need to get back on topic 

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So let me get this right.

People can’t make their minds up by themselves, they need the minority of the media that can reasonably described as ‘Left wing’ to indoctrinate them?

As opposed to Brexiteers who only make their own decisions after having carefully checked facts and data! ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, superal said:

Back to the topic . Last night I watched BBC Question time . There was a lively audience that was made up from a majority of previous Tory voters . When asked for a show of hands of who would vote for the Tories at the next election , there were no hands up

Please post a link to the specific point in the show where the question you falsely claim was asked!

You have been asked already about this and failed to answer!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You wanted an example. I gave one. I could give you loads but I have other priorities right now.

Not many hard right columnists writing for The Guardian. No balance. Simply a leftist mouthpiece.

We all know their political stance. Hard left. Your gaslighting appears ineffective when confronted with educated individuals. 

Have a good evening. I'm  2 minutes away from the   restaurant.

Utter nonsense. 

20 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are already people who cut the grass and clean the streets in the U.K , people have jobs doing that already 

They didn't do a good job though. Pavements in London were contaminated with chewing gum that was never removed when I lived there.

Send the unemployed out in pink overalls with a scraper to remove gum from pavements 8 hours a day and they might discover a willingness to do a proper job.

• Like 2