Did you waste your life ?

georgegeorgia

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO it's interesting why guys that are opposed to prostitution are convinced that sex can't be great if it's paid for. Perhaps they are trapped in marriage to a frigid woman and are jealous that anyone else can enjoy sex.

Best sex I ever had was with women I paid the morning after.

Worst sex I ever had was with a woman who married and said she loved me (not that there was much sex in that 30 year period). 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Hardly "millions" and I did mean its quite a depressing situation , Westerners going to Asia to pay poor females to sit with them and pretend to be happy  and pretend to like them .

Westerners may temporarily be happy sitting there, but that's just because they have a respite from being lonely for a while.

I don't really care if my employees enjoy their work.

None of my employers cared if I enjoyed working for them.

Given a free choice, I'd never have worked even 1 day in my life.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

Thatscwhy I specific mentioned “

Some or most people  I know or knew, liked to work, who had work they cared for, was interested in, or was passionate about”

I understand the difference, but still it is your motivation it depends on. I have done many “dirty, silly and stupid jobs for shorter terms between education or travelling, but still I somehow found it interesting and also educating for me personally. 

I had days I tried to find excuses to get out of bed, and that was when I quitted and found somethimg else to do. 

Interestingly enough Steve Jobs has said similar things, I also follow that rule. I'm always looking to read or study a new subject, once I find something I like, I pursue it until I have peaked or have gotten bored and move onto something else. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:10 PM, Hummin said:

It is more about you and other people's mentally approach to life and how they cultivate interest in learning and trying to do a good job. 

Some will be negative whatever they do, while others look at it as next step to something else no matter what they worked with. I had work between different jobs that if I stayed in for rest of my life, I would slowly died. 

Positive thinking but again I'm wasting my time here.

Forum like this is truly a waste of time!

Why post on it?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Why post on it?

That's a good question I am asking myself lately.

It was mostly to learn and ask questions that comes up while living in Thailand, and ending up discuss fairly simple questions and also experience rude answers.

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

That's a good question I am asking myself lately.

It was mostly to learn and ask questions that comes up while living in Thailand, and ending up discuss fairly simple questions and also experience rude answers.

A forum is like a shopping centre. You will get a range of views. You might agree with 20%. 

You seem like a good poster. You dont have to agree with everybody. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 9:32 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

You are indeed wasting your time if trying to convince anyone that actually knows about the farang scene in LOS that it's "bad".

Doesnt that comes with experience, understand simple social, culteral and society problems, that leads people to do sex work? I really do not understand people do not understand why the farang scene can be bad and harmful to the girls? 

All these fantasy stories about how great it is to meet white foreigners with pocket full of money, have for sure a shady side. 

How many of the sex workers do you believe have been abused before they enter the scene? How many of them do not manage to get work because of mental issues, and can not hold on to any work require education, or dicipline to stay in work. How many of the girls is single moms with no support from the father? 

If you ask the right questions, do you really believe the majority of the girls in sex trade want to go with every customer they meet? I know some girls are exceptionally good at their work and do not doubt some really enjoy the game and the kick and excitement it can give, but still it depends on each and one of them and also who is their customers and what protection the bar or bordella gives them, as well free to say no when they do not want to go with one. 

One thing comes to mind, and the mentality you read in here , where the bar girls is downgraded to trash and repeated over and over again and again, and very few voice for the girls in here. As there is bad and good customers, the same goes for the girls, and people should give the girls respect for what the do. If you meet a bad girl, move on, there is plenty of good girls even bar girls. 

However most of the trash-talkers i met in person, do not come out especially as any good persons with healthy approach to life, so I guess what comes around, goes around. 

The more educated women, the less one way trading for sex, but a more muteal and equal exchange of benefits appear, even some more or less men feel betrayed and exploited by women in western countries, and it seems they do the same mistakes in asia, and hate all women no matter what. 

If life gives you lemon, make lemonade someone said ????

22 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

A forum is like a shopping centre. You will get a range of views. You might agree with 20%. 

You seem like a good poster. You dont have to agree with everybody. 

I understand Im not always speaking the majority voice here, and I miss a bit more sound debate and a bit more acceptance for having two thoughts in mind at the same time. Life is not just black and white. 

I taught English to private students for years. Every student I ever had thought I really liked them. some I found repulsive but the money was good.

the men who think just because the girl looks like she is having a good time she therefore is don't understand the service industry.

Getting back to the topic, I have already accomplished much more than I ever expected, I made my mark on history, making commercial space launch possible in the US.

and along the way, I founded one of the biggest new aerospace companies, I rented the Mir space station, and am starting a new company. I knew Elon Musk when he was just a millionaire. 

So, if I waste my time enjoying young ladies in Thailand, that’s a just reward. I have done my part.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Grecian said:

I taught English to private students for years. Every student I ever had thought I really liked them. some I found repulsive but the money was good.

the men who think just because the girl looks like she is having a good time she therefore is don't understand the service industry.

You are implying that the ladies are faking it?

i am 100% sure that the ladies are squealing in delight when their work is done, and they get paid.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2022 at 10:59 AM, BritManToo said:

If I hadn't worked a day I probably would never have been to:

Switzerland

Italy

Belgium

Canada

India

Indonesia

Brazil

Argentina

Uruguay

South Africa

China

...and here.

Edited by VocalNeal

20 hours ago, Hummin said:

... do you really believe the majority of the girls in sex trade want to go with every customer they meet? 

They have have the right and the choice to say no.

If life gives you lemon, make lemonade someone said.

Dale Carnegie

22 hours ago, Hummin said:

How many of the sex workers do you believe have been abused before they enter the scene? How many of them do not manage to get work because of mental issues, and can not hold on to any work require education, or dicipline to stay in work. How many of the girls is single moms with no support from the father? 

According to feminists 81% of all women have been abused.

So what I do with a hooker that's been working for 10+ years can't be making their life any worse.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/21/587671849/a-new-survey-finds-eighty-percent-of-women-have-experienced-sexual-harassment

As for women with mental illness,

I don't believe I've met a woman who wasn't (by my definition) mentally ill.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So what I do with a hooker that's been working for 10+ years can't be making their life any worse.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/21/587671849/a-new-survey-finds-eighty-percent-of-women-have-experienced-sexual-harassment

Well, sexual harassment is if a ladyboy groping me on street, quite different than systematic abuse

On 10/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, BritManToo said:

I mostly agree with you, but I'd have worked for free if I could have stayed in Antarctica my entire working life. Not all jobs are horrible- just most IMO.

In hindsight, there are jobs I'd have loved to do, like being a flight steward and seeing the world for free, or a nurse on a cruise ship- ditto, or being a travel guide in Thailand for upper class farangs, or running a beach resort on N E Koh Phangan.

The problem with hindsight is that it didn't happen.

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

Well, sexual harassment is if a ladyboy groping me on street, quite different than systematic abuse

Nah, IMO that's just touting for business.

Why is sexual harassment considered worse than systematic bullying at work which in my experience was ignored by management?

On 10/6/2022 at 6:17 AM, Grecian said:

Girls who look like they don't enjoy it probably don't get many customers.

I doubt many customers cared if she was faking it, as long as they got happy. How many would pay to make the girl happy?

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

How many would pay to make the girl happy?

About 1 year after I apparently promised to buy an Indonesian girl/woman a ghetto blaster. She was very happy when I bought it, and she didn't chose the most expensive one.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As for women with mental illness,

I don't believe I've met a woman who wasn't (by my definition) mentally ill.

IMO feminists consider men looking at a female without written permission are abusers. I've never had the pleasure of meeting a feminist to give her back what she gives men. Perhaps I'll get lucky before I die.

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nah, IMO that's just touting for business.

Why is sexual harassment considered worse than systematic bullying at work which in my experience was ignored by management?

We can agree both is wrong ?

Bullying have been on the agenda as much as sexual harassment where I come from,, but both is hard to prove without evidence. Mare before than now with all cameras available especially when you also can go viral and get larger audience.

Just now, Hummin said:

We can agree both is wrong ?

Bullying have been on the agenda as much as sexual harassment where I come from,, but both is hard to prove without evidence. Mare before than now with all cameras available especially when you also can go viral and get larger audience.

Yes. Any harassment of any sort is wrong.

10 hours ago, seedy said:

You gotta stand up - no one is going to do it for you

Easy to say- did you ever?

I did, about the worst bully in the last hospital department I worked in, but the manager refused to do anything about it. The manager was also a bully.

So, what are you going to do about it then? Go postal? Not my style.

In the end I retired early to go live in Thailand with my wife to be, so that made it other people's problem.

When I started off in the military had I complained I'd have been taken out back and beaten up by the NCOs. Sometimes just can't beat city hall, and life is what it is.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not my style.

So your 'style' is to be bullied and do nothing ?

Then do not complain about being bullied.

As said above - YOU gotta stand up, or be stood on

23 hours ago, seedy said:

So your 'style' is to be bullied and do nothing ?

Then do not complain about being bullied.

As said above - YOU gotta stand up, or be stood on

"My style" referred to going postal. You apparently didn't even read the post properly given how wrong you got it.

I'll complain about whatever I choose.

Tell us about your story where you stood up to a bullying manager. I'm eager to see how it's done by the expert.