Did you waste your life ?

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Does your Wife mind you hiring prostitutes to have sex with ?

Does she know and doesn't she care ?

Is she also unfaithful and has extra marital affairs ?

1. I don't hire prostitutes. There is no prostitution in Thailand. I am happy to buy a lady I meet a few drinks and give her 1,000 Baht in the morning towards her rent. It seems a lot better value than buying presents and houses for English wives.

2. I don't make a point of telling her. I doubt that she would kill the golden goose for a few extra marital liaisons.

3. I have absolutely no idea.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

1. I don't hire prostitutes. There is no prostitution in Thailand. I am happy to buy a lady I meet a few drinks and give her 1,000 Baht in the morning towards her rent. It seems a lot better value than buying presents and houses for English wives.

2. I don't make a point of telling her. I doubt that she would kill the golden goose for a few extra marital liaisons.

You are deluding yourself and not facing the reality .

You go to bars and pick up prostitutes , the 1000 Baht that you pay them is payment for sex .

No money, no honey

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Does your Wife mind you hiring prostitutes to have sex with ?

Does she know and doesn't she care ?

Is she also unfaithful and has extra marital affairs ?

Why would I care if my long term hire objects to my short term hires?

If she doesn't like it there are many more ladies available for long time hires!

As for extra marital affairs, outside her working hours (dusk till dawn) she can do what she likes and go where she likes. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are deluding yourself that you don't hire prostitutes .

Yes, prostitutes can be more expensive in the UK

You seem to be repeating yourself.

So I shall do the same; I don't feel deluded (therefore I am not). I am very comfortable and content with my life.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

1000 baht? I would like to say something, but, better not. 

3 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I’d say most people are “wasting” their life until they’ve achieved financial freedom, whether through retirement or other means. Only then can they truely do what they love and enjoy 

Some or most people  I know or knew, liked to work, who had work they cared for, was interested in, or was passionate about, and I feel sorry for those who never experienced strong feeling of joy, passion or loyalty to their work in their life and I would agree. 

Edited by Hummin

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Some or most people  I know or knew, liked to work...

Everyone I know, knew, would rather be doing something else, somewhere else ... 

... IF they could afford to.

Salaried jobs, way too many, and a few I quite liked, but if not being paid, I wouldn't have been there.   Self employed, a few 'businesses', enjoyed all, but when not needing the money, I stopped.

If I have to be anywhere at any time, that infringes on my freedom to be doing what I want to do, even if it's just chillin', then I don't want to be there or do it.  

Nobody can pay me enough to be on a schedule, if I don't need the money.  Only worked when I had to, no matter if I enjoyed it.  Could always think of something better to be doing.

18 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

60/70 year olds going out "on the pull" and pulling prostitutes are sort of stuck in a time warp . where the year is 1969 and they are still 20 years old

Aside from your disapproval, is there supposed to be some kind of downside to this? 

40 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Some or most people  I know or knew, liked to work, who had work they cared for, was interested in, or was passionate about, and I feel sorry for those who never experienced strong feeling of joy, passion or loyalty to their work in their life and I would agree. 

One thing good about working for the government sector is you can do some good which makes work more fun. Worked for a bank and an oil company and not the same feeling. Not everyone concurs that government workers do good but the country would be in a mess without us. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't mind at all and there's not really a downside to it , the bar makes money, the girls get paid and the guys have sex .

Everyones a winner 

Clean transactions is a myth! Somebody is loosing or maybe all is loosing, which depending on many factors involved in such grey illegal business transactions. Especially involving a weaker part, where equality doesn’t exist. 

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

One thing good about working for the government sector is you can do some good which makes work more fun. Worked for a bank and an oil company and not the same feeling. Not everyone concurs that government workers do good but the country would be in a mess without us. 

I also worked in different fields and different work, and also in oil fields. I guess the excitement of working in oil fields was the company education and training to become supervisor in 3 different well service lines as sell the pay and the leave that was superior to other branches at the time, especially on a Norwegian contract. Except from that, working with people and give them memories and good experiences was giving me a surplus energy even money was not great. Creating and being creative making my own living also for awhile, as well lately accept short terms contracts back in the oil field feels good. I like to work, and born on a farm, you learned the joy of working from very young, and the benefits and reward of managing to sort things out when you met problems and struggling. 

I think it is the mindset stopping people to make things more positive for themself, and I have been lucky to be among people who had positive energy and gave positivity, made me se things in a different light and stayed away of negative people. 

At once I felt done someplace often after 2 - 4 years, I started doing something new, or made the preperation to manage to change and get away which always gave me new target and new energy. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 12:18 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I think George Best quoted someone else who was also rich and famous and since then its been said by numerous wasters sat in bars who spend all their money on alcohol and woman who think they are similar to George Best  

I sometimes say that too, but who is George Best that I should be quoting him?

14 hours ago, Hummin said:

Clean transactions is a myth! Somebody is loosing or maybe all is loosing, which depending on many factors involved in such grey illegal business transactions. Especially involving a weaker part, where equality doesn’t exist. 

Assuming you are referring to the LOS farang bar scene, you are showing your ignorance or are biased against sex for pleasure if paid for. Saying "Especially involving a weaker part, where equality doesn’t exist." is a giveaway that you know little about the scene.

However, ( as in every aspect of life ) a very small % will be losers, but they would likely be losers whatever they do.

Girl gets money, guy gets happy, so what's not to like?

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Everyone I know, knew, would rather be doing something else, somewhere else ... 

... IF they could afford to.

I doubt you know many farmers then.

However, I only worked to be able to live, and I never lived to work ( for someone else ).

Probably the greatest tragedy of my life ( apart from choosing the wrong women to love ) was nursing. I should look back on it as something very worthwhile that I cherish, but I don't. Just too many nurses ( especially nurse managers ) were bullies for it to be a great occupation. In the end I only stayed in it to be able to travel. Nurses are in such short supply worldwide ( because, surprise surprise, enough people just don't want to do it anymore ) that one can probably get a nursing job anywhere. I spent 24 years doing it, and don't regret leaving it for a second.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

1, 1,000 baht long time! Do tell us where such is available as we all want to know.

3, I told both my partners to not tell me and to use a condom if they had an affair.

I don't know if they did, but I assumed they did occasionally. Such is human nature.

16 hours ago, Hummin said:

You must be very lucky then. I don't know anyone ( apart from my farmer friends ) that would carry on in their jobs if they won Lotto.

The only job I ever did that I loved passionately was in Antarctica, and the money didn't matter as we didn't need more than pocket money for bar drinks.

Back then we could only stay 1 year at a time, so sadly it ended for me, and I met my first partner after I got back, so that was the one and only time I truly enjoyed a job.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

1, 1,000 baht long time! Do tell us where such is available as we all want to know.

3, I told both my partners to not tell me and to use a condom if they had an affair.

I don't know if they did, but I assumed they did occasionally. Such is human nature.

1. Pattaya. Several locations - mainly freelancers.

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

1. Pattaya. Several locations - mainly freelancers.

Ah, Fair enough, but I wasn't generally happy with what was available. The good looking ones I talked to were only interested in ST.

I also liked that if I had a problem with one, I knew where they worked.

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, Fair enough, but I wasn't generally happy with what was available. The good looking ones I talked to were only interested in ST.

I also liked that if I had a problem with one, I knew where they worked.

Your experience is the norm, and something that I usually experience. However, conversations with the less entrenched girls can bring a different result. There are a lot of freelancers around.who will spend the night with you for 1,000 Baht.......my bar may be set lower than yours.

• Like 1

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Your experience is the norm, and something that I usually experience. However, conversations with the less entrenched girls can bring a different result. There are a lot of freelancers around.who will spend the night with you for 1,000 Baht.......my bar may be set lower than yours.

I think my bar was higher than most.

Many nights I bar hopped from Walking St to the bar beers beyond Dolphin roundabout on Naklua Rd looking for Miss Rightforthenight without success, and had to settle for less. No wonder when I found Miss Right I'd keep her for the entire holiday. I was lucky in that Miss Right only turned into Miss Bigmistake twice. Helps not to be wearing beergoggles when choosing.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

looking for Miss Rightforthenight

this goes against everything I read in all my religious literature...you are wasting your life!!!!  

but ...  ah..... send me pictures.  more details, was it fun, exciting, living the dream................. no, no, I joke, you are swayed by the Devil!!!  wasting your life!!!    Temple, now!!!!  

• Haha 1