No looking at new cars unless you are buying one

howerde

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I would demand to see the manger and give him a piece of my mind for his staff being rude and inhospitable and even take all the way to head office of that car maker...

Exactly this... You are already a customer and potentially a future customer.... or rather, potentially ‘were’ a future customer.

It amazes me in Thailand how they manage to 'snatch defeat from the jaws of victory’ to outrageously clumsy customer service.

In this case, ultimately this is one seriously arrogant, entitled, up-themselves sales department to even allow this type of thought to cross their mind. 

The only time this would be acceptable is if the Op were filthy and covered in oil and muck, which I very much doubt. 

As ezzra wrote - I’d have demanded to see the manager to see his take on things.

----------

The reality is, as a car owner we are always a potential car buyer.

When I take my car in to the dealership for service, my Son and I often take a look in the show-room, we sit in the cars, discuss them, look at the trim, the boot-space, the comfort etc... 

Friends have Purchased Mazda CX30 and a CX-8 after I’d recommended them. Obviously they didn’t purchase those cases ‘because’ I’d recommended them, but having looked at the cars recently I’d suggested to friend that they take a look....  

Had I received a negative experience in the showroom I’d instead have been telling my friends to ‘avoid Mazda’.

Thailand has yet to mature with regards to customer service - In many cases they are simply unaware of the ‘unmeasurable’ loss of sales due to their poor performance / behaviour, the same can be said of post sales service. 

In recent years Honda and Ford have lost my business due to poor a show-room experience.

One customer doesn’t matter, but I imagine I’m not the only one. 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2022 at 7:42 AM, Will27 said:

Each to their own, but I couldn't be bothered emailing management, asking for apologies etc.

Life's too short to get your panties in a twist over the small things.

I would've just smiled at him and kept looking.

but you're be bothered enough to post a reply to a thread about it? 

I understand not wasting the salesperson time, maybe he's butthurt he had to make an effort to move up from playing on his phone or whatever 

I'd just not buy my next car from that dealership, or even if the service department dare say that to anyone they'd know that my next service will be somewhere else 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, digbeth said:

but you're be bothered enough to post a reply to a thread about it? 

I understand not wasting the salesperson time, maybe he's butthurt he had to make an effort to move up from playing on his phone or whatever 

I'd just not buy my next car from that dealership, or even if the service department dare say that to anyone they'd know that my next service will be somewhere else 

LOL

I'm not bothered about anything champ.

Just stating what I would've done.

I certainly wouldn't cut off my nose to spite my face by not getting my car serviced there, due to a moronic comment by a salesman.

Edited by Will27

On 9/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, ezzra said:

I would demand to see the manger and give him a piece of my mind for his staff being rude and inhospitable and even take all the way to head office of that car maker...

you should write an angry letter too. 

• Haha 2