Thailand fully reopens from 1 October 2022

webfact

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Maybe the locals aren't keeping up with the latest news from the government...

And/or, perhaps some of them have decided to continue wearing masks regardless of the government largely ending the policy mandate for them.

In my book, exercising common sense doesn't require a government mandate.

No criticism on my part , only reporting the situation as I see it.

I’m not sticking my neck out to be the “ only falang in the village “.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

No criticism on my part , only reporting the situation as I see it.

I’m not sticking my neck out to be the “ only falang in the village “.

I haven't worn a mask in the village for a few months.  A number of the locals aren't either.  Most are.
Go figure.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Whilst I carry a mask when I am out, I only wear it in the banks and shopping malls. I haven't worn one in 7/11 for ages and nobody has objected or edged away from me.

I'll have to poke at my local 7-11.  If asked I'll put one on but it's really time to get on with living without fear. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

Regardless,  from now on you'll see a steady decrease in mask wearing in Thailand. 

And a rather more rapid decrease in the number of seats in banks and immigration offices within existing totals with X plonked on them, hopefully.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, saakura said:

I just returned from a visit to the Central Rama 3 and Big-C on Rama 4 Road in Bangkok. Almost everyone was wearing a mask. I would venture to say over 95%

The mind boggles why, now given the choice, people continue to wear them.

Anyone that is still so fearful of CV-19 should just stay home.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Covid has gone from a very dangerous communicable to one that no government cares about any more ! Every country needs money and they really dont care where it comes from. Here in Western Australia the state was in full lockdown when there were 2 covid cases ! Now there are still about 700 new cases every day and the government cares so little that they only give out any figures on a weekly basis and have closed down most testing facilities. Now they have decided that if you do test positive that you dont even have to isolate for 5 days. Just walk around and spread it amongst the community, take it to work and dont tell anyone. 

26 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It makes people uncomfortable, especially fully vaccinated tourists and then we have people that haven't even bothered  getting vaccinated at all in Thailand.

Yes, we do! And I'm very proud to be one of them. I bet you wish that you were included in that group too. Be honest: Knowing what you know now, would you have gotten injected at all?

34 minutes ago, connda said:

If asked I'll put one on but it's really time to get on with living without fear. 

The Thai government/MoPH continue to "recommend" -- not require -- that people wear face masks when in crowded indoor spaces or places where ventilation is poor....

They also are continuing to recommend masks for people who are at high risk from COVID, such as the elderly, pregnant women and those who are immunocompromised.

It has nothing to do with fear. It's merely following what long has been -- and continues to be -- sound public health recommendations in a time of COVID.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, edogthong said:

Yes, we do! And I'm very proud to be one of them. I bet you wish that you were included in that group too. Be honest: Knowing what you know now, would you have gotten injected at all?

If your home country had free medical care, but while in Thailand you purchased private medical insurance, would you wish you hadn't bought it if you finished your time in Thailand having never used it?

You wouldn't, because you might have needed it, so it was a sensible thing to do at the time.  No reason to regret doing something to keep you safe, even if you didn't use it.

And that's before we consider the fact that people being vaccinated (not only the individual) may have contributed to someone never having contracted the virus.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

As most countries in Europe and the USA are having a cost of living crisis ????

I can't see to many Tourists from these areas travelling over the Thai High season coming up ????

Will know in the coming months ie hotel occupancy in the well known resort areas ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandrew33 said:

If common sense had anything to do with masks you wouldn’t see people wearing them outdoors and you certainly wouldn’t see quite so many Thais riding motorbikes with their mask on but no helmet. 

The fact that some people take face mask wearing to nonsense or pointless extremes doesn't change the underlying soundness of appropriate face mask wear in a time of COVID.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

That is certainly not strictly correct, in rural Kamphaeng Phet where more and more Thais stop wearing them on a daily/weekly basis.

It is definitely based opon location. In BKK the majority are masked up.  it is the foreigners I see that are mask wearers 50/50.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Wow 45 days. I am just gonna spray my shorts!

Meanwhile i am in India with my 5 year visa good till Oct 2024 for only $150. Swimming and surfing are great in Kerala  btw,

Is it easy to get a 5 year visa in India ? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

The mind boggles why, now given the choice, people continue to wear them.

Anyone that is still so fearful of CV-19 should just stay home.

So you think it's about fear.....why not about it being about personal beliefs that they are protecting themselves and others. Maybe they wish to be as cautious as can be. Sorry that it does ies not fit in your conspiracy driven agenda...

If it bothers you to see mask wearing then maybe you should stay home yourself. Looks like everyone is getting on with there lives even if they may be wearing a mask.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Lots of rain, but less tourists to fight when in Pattaya and you see your next wife!!!

Mr. falang, wear your gold when talking to the ladyboys.......

The party has started and everyone I see now still wears their mask proud.     oh.....

I wonder if masks in 711 is still mandatory.   Will you be the falang who refuses to wear a mask and get arrested and then cry and cry!!!

Over two years of complete economic destruction......I expect 2025 to be the "new normal"

711 not mandatory for a couple of months already

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, darrenr said:

Is it easy to get a 5 year visa in India ? 

Very easy, you can get it online, I still have mine valid until 2025. As far as I remember max 180 days per year and need to get out after 90 days, so not true 5 years visa.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So you think it's about fear.....why not about it being about personal beliefs that they are protecting themselves and others. Maybe they wish to be as cautious as can be. Sorry that it does ies not fit in your conspiracy driven agenda...

If it bothers you to see mask wearing then maybe you should stay home yourself. Looks like everyone is getting on with there lives even if they may be wearing a mask.

I have no 'conspiracy driven agenda', i just think it's time to get on with life normally as before. Wearing a mask before was not normal, did you not notice that.

It does not bother me they wear masks, i just find it pathetic almost 3 years since CV-19 became known.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

hahahahahha - your funny.

I have no 'conspiracy driven agenda', i just think it's time to get on with life normally as before. Wearing a mask before was not normal, did you not notice that.

It does not bother me they wear masks, i just find it pathetic almost 3 years since CV-19 became known.

Again it is your view and not mine, prior to covid I saw a lot of masks being worn in Bangkok and I wore one on the bad air days, but also wore one every time I rode my motorbike in town.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Again it is your view and not mine, prior to covid I saw a lot of masks being worn in Bangkok and I wore one on the bad air days, but also wore one every time I rode my motorbike in town.

What you define as 'a lot' will be a tinny % to the amount of people that still continue to wear them tho, right?

Therefore you're comparing apples to oranges.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Lots of rain, but less tourists to fight when in Pattaya and you see your next wife!!!

Mr. falang, wear your gold when talking to the ladyboys.......

The party has started and everyone I see now still wears their mask proud.     oh.....

I wonder if masks in 711 is still mandatory.   Will you be the falang who refuses to wear a mask and get arrested and then cry and cry!!!

Over two years of complete economic destruction......I expect 2025 to be the "new normal"

7/11 masks not required 2 months ago

• Like 1