Thailand fully reopens from 1 October 2022

webfact

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

It seems like every country is fully opening on October 1st. The virus suddenly stopped being a virus

You haven't heard German health minister.

Mr. Panic himself.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I think they announced it just recently. Rather to early to see influx in October.

Some countries, like germany, opened for summer holidays, despite omicron. As to boost tourism and travel.

Yes, they had inevitable wave, but rather small one. 

For them winter time waves are more dangerous, as they are enhanced by flu

43 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

Its the same report of the same statement, picked up in multiple places. It contradicts previous advice by multiple government sources. It also contradicts what the PT operators themselves are saying. 

Singling out a single indoor venue like cinemas also makes no sense, especially since you eat/drink in them.  

If they were mandatory on public transport, airlines would be enforcing them, which they are not. I do not believe this is an actual mandate law. 

Your view, and not mine. So agree to disagree.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Appears to be a 50-50 thing, as you might surprisingly find throughout a good portion of the world. 

I travel through 3 different continents each month, thailand is by far the most 'masked up' country.

Most airports and even certain airline stopped the requirement for masks quite some time ago.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Even though it is not mandatory, still, 99% of Thais and visitors wear masks everywhere, it's like you get the berating looks if you don't wear one, when is this going to stop i wonder?

That is certainly not strictly correct, in rural Kamphaeng Phet where more and more Thais stop wearing them on a daily/weekly basis.

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Whilst I carry a mask when I am out, I only wear it in the banks and shopping malls. I haven't worn one in 7/11 for ages and nobody has objected or edged away from me.

the magical ping pong chime when you go in 7 is the new covid super killer. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Masks seems to be location based, here in Ayutthaya 100% still wearing masks except for the odd foreign tourist.

Not too many foreigners around due to the rain but the odd group I see all seem to be “ mask exempt “, Thais and occasional foreign husband/boyfriend all seem to be “ mask compliant “.

Maybe if the foreign tourists return in plentiful numbers then the tide will turn but at present it is like Ayutthaya didn’t get the mask mandate memo .

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

Maybe if the foreign tourists return in plentiful numbers then the tide will turn but at present it is like Ayutthaya didn’t get the mask mandate memo .

Maybe the locals aren't keeping up with the latest news from the government...

And/or, perhaps some of them have decided to continue wearing masks regardless of the government largely ending the policy mandate for them.

In my book, exercising common sense doesn't require a government mandate.

• Like 2