Thailand fully reopens from 1 October 2022

webfact

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

your comment pretty well comes off as being anti-vaccine, e.g. "Just pointing out people shouldnt rely on drugs."

No it's pointing out the facts. The data shows it above. Poor diet big increase in risk of severe problems.

Whats the point of being 150kgs and relying on drugs to live?

Or being thin and lacking minerals?

You only needed 2 vaccines to enter Thailand 2 months ago not 4.

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced/unsubstantiated claim removed

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

People should not rely only on diet either. Vaccines play a key role in reducing large scale outbreaks and deaths. Why else do all children receive vaccinations for viral infections such as smallpox, mumps, polio. 

The covid vaccines saved millions of lives not just those with underlying diseases.

I had 2 shots. Enough. Dont need 4 or 5 as some suggest.

I get plenty of D, zinc and magnesium. I dont smoke. I dont have diabetes. I dont drink that much.

Why should i get 4 shots and wear a mask all the time cause someone has a very poor diet?

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

I get plenty of D, zinc and magnesium. I dont smoke. I dont have diabetes. I dont drink that much.

Why should i get 4 shots and wear a mask all the time cause someone has a very poor diet?

They are the ones who messed up their body not me.

I'm not telling you to get four shots, you do what you want, why would I care, I just care about facts and information

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Not if it was properly managed with long term conservation in mind. Too often they simply sacrifice any good management for money today attitude.

I support the proposed 300 baht arrival fee. Visa exempt 60 days if not 90. Brings more money in.

18 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I get plenty of D, zinc and magnesium.

A narrow recitation of some facts.... But for the bigger picture:

From your friends at the Mayo Clinic, as of Feb. 2021:

"Can taking a vitamin D supplement prevent infection with the virus that causes the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?

Answer From William F. Marshall, III M.D.

There isn't enough data to recommend use of vitamin D to prevent infection with the virus that causes COVID-19 or to treat COVID-19, according to the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization.

in recent years two randomized clinical trials that studied the effects of vitamin D supplementation had less hopeful results. In both trials, high doses of vitamin D were given to people who had vitamin D deficiencies and were seriously ill — not with COVID-19. Vitamin D didn't reduce the length of their hospital stays or their mortality rates when compared with those given a placebo.

Further research is needed to determine what role, if any, vitamin D and vitamin D deficiency might play in the prevention of and treatment of COVID-19."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/expert-answers/coronavirus-and-vitamin-d/faq-20493088

AND

From the National Institutes of Health as of May 2022:

Dietary Supplements in the Time of COVID-19

Fact Sheet for Health Professionals

"Data are insufficient to support recommendations for or against the use of any vitamin, mineral, herb or other botanical, fatty acid, or other dietary supplement ingredient to prevent or treat COVID-19."

"measuring the impact on the immune system of vitamins, minerals, and other dietary supplement ingredients is difficult because the immune system is a complex network of organs, tissues, and cells; no single, straightforward measure of immune system function and resistance to disease exists."

"Furthermore, the onset of disease can cause low (or sometimes high) nutrient concentrations; it cannot be assumed that the nutrient concentrations observed in these studies contributed to the onset of COVID-19 or its severity. In addition, many clinical trials in patients with COVID-19 had small samples, were not randomized or placebo-controlled, and measured multiple outcomes, complicating the interpretation of their results."

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/COVID19-HealthProfessional/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Just now, Sparktrader said:

So thats not the bigger picture at all.

Meanwhile zinc and magnesium big impact.

NIH:

""Data are insufficient to support recommendations for or against the use of any vitamin, mineral, herb or other botanical, fatty acid, or other dietary supplement ingredient to prevent or treat COVID-19."

Very early clinical studies show an association between low vitamin D levels and more severe disease and death from the virus. For vitamin B12, early computer modelling and laboratory-based research indicate that vitamin B12 may bind to at least one of the viral proteins and thereby slow down viral replication. Neurological features of COVID-19 and vitamin B12 deficiency overlap.

https://www.hra.nhs.uk/planning-and-improving-research/application-summaries/research-summaries/vitamin-d-and-b12-levels-a-clue-to-severity-of-respiratory-covid-19-covid-19/

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

So you admit you only care about yourself?  Do you think that is fair for Pfizer shareholders?  Get your boosters and make the shareholders happy.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

the mask wearing by Thais is not based on common sense. 

Helmet wearing, would save many many many more lives than masks ever have. 

Back up your claims .... rather hard to prove I expect. Certainly quantitively....but an example....

On 10/1/2022 at 11:26 PM, stoner said:

5 injections and only now you consider it overplayed ? 

it was always about control....it always is. 

How many times do I have to say, I had bad cancer and was in the seriously high risk group

Out of interest I was just checking out skyscanner to see the price of flights London - Bangkok rtn. Thai are wanting £1300+ (about double the pre-COVID price). That might be a clue as to why tourism numbers aren't recovering as they had hoped.

(And that's in monkey-class, not business).????

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Padthaigoong said:

The Gov.uk foreign travel advice website is still saying Thailand requires proof of vaccination or a negative test.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/entry-requirements

probably still working "tirelessly" from home due to covid,  expect a lot of that when dealing with the UK authorities

• Like 1
  • Haha 1