Thailand fully reopens from 1 October 2022

webfact

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Had flu jab once. Got a bad flu 3 weeks later.

Havent had a flu for 4 years no jab. Just fixed my diet.

I usually get the symptoms of 'flu the day I have my jab - lasts about 3 hours.

It's possible that the bout of 'flu you had MIGHT have been worse if you hadn't had the jab but you'll never know.

It's also possible that you just haven't been exposed to it for 4 years.

It's certain that a good diet helps regardless.

We're both doing it right - you for you and me for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Ive seen people no flus 10 years. Its diet.

As i said...... "We're both doing it right - you for you and me for me." ????

39 minutes ago, VBF said:

Absolutely yes!!! (Not if I "knew" what you "think you know" though)

But then my knowledge comes from competent medical / scientific sources rather than hysterical conspiracists. 

Just had my 4th Covid jab (Autumn booster) alongside my annual 'flu jab. Good Health! 

Ditto for me as well. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Had flu jab once. Got a bad flu 3 weeks later.

Havent had a flu for 4 years no jab. Just fixed my diet.

Me too! no flu Jab ever , and to be honest not a particularly healthy diet. Maybe there just isn't much flu about anymore,    a bit like leprosy ?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

As it even states on your little "death graph" " the number of confirmed deaths may not accurately represent actual deaths" 

And what that language actually means is, as it has been throughout the pandemic, that the "official" death counts reported by the various governments invariably are undercounts to reality.

That's how you get from having a 6.5 million official COVID deaths count worldwide, to multiple studies saying the real tally of deaths caused by COVID has been in the 15+ million range, as cited above.

The reality is WORSE than the official figures reflect, not better.

39 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

"The end is worse than we imagined"  That's not exactly true either is it ? as  at the beginning I remember some predicting the end of humanity and we are nowhere near that ,

Actually it is... As The Atlantic article I cited above recounts.... (and no one serious was predicting the end of humanity, disregarding that part of your comment).

When the U.S. reached its first 100,000 COVID deaths early in the pandemic, it was a frontpage story in the NY Times and news around the world...

Today, at 350 COVID deaths per day, the U.S. is on a path toward ongoing COVID deaths running 100,000 plus per year (which only takes an average of 275 or so per day throughout the year). And people such as yourself seem not to care.

And the scary part is, no one in the scientific community at this point, AFAIK, is willing to predict when it all might end with COVID...

Especially when people like various posters here continue to oppose basic public health measures and proven safe COVID vaccines (nearly 13 BILLION doses given worldwide thus far, with only exceedingly rare serious adverse effects), both of which would help lessen the otherwise ongoing COVID death toll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And what that language actually means is, as it has been throughout the pandemic, that the "official" death counts reported by the various governments invariably are undercounts to reality.

That's how you get from having a 6.5 million official COVID deaths count worldwide, to multiple studies saying the real tally of deaths caused by COVID has been in the 15+ million range, as cited above.

The reality is WORSE than the official figures reflect, not better.

No it isnt. They trying to justify their decisions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Actually it is... As The Atlantic article I cited above recounts.... (and no one serious was predicting the end of humanity, disregarding that part of your comment).

When the U.S. reached its first 100,000 COVID deaths early in the pandemic, it was a frontpage story in the NY Times and news around the world...

Today, at 350 COVID deaths per day, the U.S. is on a path toward ongoing COVID deaths running 100,000 plus per year (which only takes an average of 275 or so per day throughout the year). And people such as yourself seem not to care.

And the scary part is, no one in the scientific community at this point, AFAIK, is willing to predict when it all might end with COVID...

Especially when people like various posters here continue to oppose basic public health measures and proven safe COVID vaccines (nearly 13 BILLION doses given worldwide thus far, with only exceedingly rare serious adverse effects), both of which would help lessen the otherwise ongoing COVID death toll.

I always found the Herman Cain awards quite enlightening, sad but enlightening, they are still going strong on reddit with anti vaxxers publicly protesting the mandates or mask wearing only then to succumb and die of covid.

The Herman Cain Award is a subreddit about an ironic award given to people who made public statements of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and hesitancy, and who have later died from COVID-19 or COVID-19 complications.[1][2][3] The award is named after American businessman and political figure Herman Cain, a Republican politician who died of COVID-19 complications after attending a 2020 Trump Tulsa rally in support of then-President Donald Trump without wearing a face mask.[1][2] A text label which says "Awarded" is emblazoned on the conversation thread containing evidence and community discussions of a third party's anti-COVID mitigation positions and their subsequent death.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain_Award

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

A 2020 story that proves absolutely nothing in the context of COVID official death tolls or estimated (higher) COVID death tolls...

No one ever claimed EVERYONE who gets COVID dies, even the most elderly. But plenty of them do... including from your own report:

"This comes a fortnight after the woman’s 70-year-old son died due to suspected coronavirus infection."

• Thanks 1

70% of the immune system is located in the gut, where diverse bacteria is best. You likely know that what you eat can affect your weight and energy level throughout the day. But you might not realize the extent to which diet affects the immune system.

“Seventy percent of the immune system is located in the gut,” says David Heber, MD, PhD, professor emeritus of medicine at UCLA Health. “Nutrition is a key modulator of immune function.”

https://connect.uclahealth.org/2021/03/19/want-to-boost-immunity-look-to-the-gut/#:~:text=70% of the immune system,diet affects the immune system.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Which proves my point. Good diet you can live to 96yo. Bad diet you might drop dead at 70yo.

Bad diet includes smoking and drinking.

None of which are even mentioned as relevant factors in the article about the elderly woman who survived and her 70-year-old son who didn't. So you're making it up as you go along.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Yet her 70 year old son died of covid two weeks prior if you read further in the article. This article proves nothing. Singular cases prove nothing as with the Queen who caught covid in Feb this year and survived. She also had been vaccinated

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

70% of the immune system is located in the gut, where diverse bacteria is best. You likely know that what you eat can affect your weight and energy level throughout the day. But you might not realize the extent to which diet affects the immune system.

“Seventy percent of the immune system is located in the gut,” says David Heber, MD, PhD, professor emeritus of medicine at UCLA Health. “Nutrition is a key modulator of immune function.”

Show me where he says that eating this or that will prevent you from getting ill with COVID or even dying from it....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

None of which are even mentioned as relevant factors in the article about the elderly woman who survived and her 70-year-old son who didn't. So you're making it up as you go along.

No buddy it's common sense. People with weak immune systems die younger. If you don't know that then you don't know the basics of health.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

No buddy it's common sense. People with weak immune systems die younger. If you don't know that then you don't know the basics of health.

As I said, show me where the good doctor claims that eating this or that will prevent one from getting ill from or dying from COVID.

The BEST way to ensure you don't get ill from or die from COVID is to not catch the virus in the first place. And probably the second best way is to get fully vaccinated and stay up to date with them....

And along the way, do things to maintain a general good state of health.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As I said, show me where the good doctor claims that eating this or that will prevent one from getting ill from or dying from COVID.

The BEST way to ensure you don't get ill from or die from COVID is to not catch the virus in the first place. And probably the second best way is to get fully vaccinated and stay up to date with them....

And along the way, do things to maintain a general good state of health.

It's clear you need to read up on nutrition and the immune system. This stuff has been known for 40 years or more.

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yet her 70 year old son died of covid two weeks prior if you read further in the article. This article proves nothing. Singular cases prove nothing as with the Queen who caught covid in Feb this year and survived. She also had been vaccinated

Same with the other guy. Read up on diet and immune system. 2022 no excuse not to know this stuff. It's on your screen.