Non-O Extension Thai Wife, 6th year - feedback from today

Good afternoon forum, 

few points from my experience today at Chaengwattana immigration BKK...…that might help others......

1. KTB and Krungrsri banks downstairs can issue the 400,000 thb in the bank letter, for immigration purposes, instantly there is no need to wait 45 minutes as before to get it confirmed from the head office. Had it within seconds and it was accepted by immigration.

2. Had an online appointment booked at 10.30am but the officer would not accepted it showing it on my phone so she made me go downstairs and print it off (5 baht), no logic as it why but I wont argue with them.

3. Unlike other 'covid' years the officer at the Non-O counter could not do my 90 report as it has gone back to Chaengwattana from Muang Thong Thani (whatever that means).

4. Confirmed by the officer and then by the big boss, when collecting the passport with the one month consideration stamp in it,

that in a months time all its needed, for the final stamp, its the passport NO BANKBOOK TO BE SHOWN...

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

OP,....

Point 2. It has been mentioned many times that a screenshot of the appointment is not acceptable and must be hard copy.

Point 3. CW briefly was doing 90 day reports at time of extension. FWIW 90 day reports have nothing to do with extensions. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

OP,....

Point 2. It has been mentioned many times that a screenshot of the appointment is not acceptable and must be hard copy.

Point 3. CW briefly was doing  90 day reports at time of extension. FWIW 90 day reports have nothing to do with extensions. 

Point 2......

I was not aware of it even though I try to read the forum often ????

Point 3......Yes, the officer told my wife that they have now stopped/unable/system wont let them, do the 90 day report at  time of extension anymore ????

1 minute ago, walailak said:

Point 2......

I was not aware of it even though I try to read the forum often ????

Point 3......Yes, the officer told my wife that they have now stopped/unable/system wont let them, do the 90 day report at  time of extension anymore ????

Regarding the appointment printout....did they take a picture of you holding it. 

Indeed the print photocopy picture stall downstairs with the banks is very handy.

Guessing you forwarded your confirmation email to them for on the spot print. .

OP,

You might want to play it safe and ensure you maintain at least 400K THB requirement (assuming you are using the bank deposit vs monthly income method) until you get the final marriage extension stamp....and take along your update bank passbook on the day you go to get your final stamp.

On 27 Sep the poster below had to show his passbook when going to pickup his final stamp at CW....he was surprised....apparently immigration had earlier not told him to bring it along.  

And on 28 Sep when I did my marriage extension the IO also did not tell me to bring along my updated passbook when picking up the final 12 month stamp (as in the previous two marriage extensions), but I plan to play it safe by keeping my bank balance at/above 400K until I get the final stamp and have in-hand an updated copy of my passbook when I go back in mid Oct to get that final stamp.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Pib said:

OP,

You might want to play it safe and ensure you maintain at least 400K THB requirement (assuming you are using the bank deposit vs monthly income method) until you get the final marriage extension stamp....and take along your update bank passbook on the day you go to get your final stamp.

On 27 Sep the poster below had to show his passbook when going to pickup his final stamp at CW....he was surprised....apparently immigration had earlier not told him to bring it along.  

And on 28 Sep when I did my marriage extension the IO also did not tell me to bring along my updated passbook when picking up the final 12 month stamp (as in the previous two marriage extensions), but I plan to play it safe by keeping my bank balance at/above 400K until I get the final stamp and have in-hand an updated copy of my passbook when I go back in mid Oct to get that final stamp.

Thank you for your reply, as I have been living here for years and I do understand that things change so fast, I was going to keep the 400k and play it safe by keeping my bank balance above 400K until I get the final stamp,

please let me know, if possible, your experience when you go back in mid Oct to get that final stamp......

one more thing I forgot.....

I intentionally did not copy the tm47 as it has been scrapped, guess what?

the officer asked for it, but at least she made the effort of copying it herself at their own copier at the back of the office ????

1 hour ago, Pib said:

And the question is....

What would actually happen if the balance falls short of 400K at the moment of the stamp pickup?

Apparently there has never been any precedence reported of the stamp denial in such a case.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, unheard said:

And the question is....

What would actually happen if the balance falls short of 400K at the moment of the stamp pickup?

Apparently there has never been any precedence reported of the stamp denial in such a case.

I know if it happened to me I would point out to immigration their regulation doesn't say anything about needing to keep the balance at/above Bt400K after getting the under consideration stamp.  However, immigration officers have wide latitude in processing/approving an extension....and can sure make the approval process a real PITA if they want to.

I too don't remember reading any post where an extension was denied because of not maintaining 400K during the under consideration period but I don't follow AseanNow that closely anymore....and lots of farangs don't post anything about their immigration office experiences.

• Like 1

1. krungsri not necessarily do it instantly - they told me to come back in 10 minutes. Previously it was 1h wait.

2. officer allowed me to submit an application (they have a list of names who pre-booked), but I had to bring her printout later.

4. come back on the last day my previous extension expires - exactly in 4 weeks

• Like 1

13 hours ago, internationalism said:

1. krungsri not necessarily do it instantly - they told me to come back in 10 minutes. Previously it was 1h wait.

Heck, at times the Krungsri branch in the CW immigration building took 1.5 hours to generate my (and others) bank letter when requesting it at 08:30am opening time.  Always the excuse the branch had to wait until some rep at HQ Krungsri initialed off on the request in their IT system.   And it really wasn't a made-up, bogus excuse as they really did have to wait for some HQ coordination. 

Several times (after waiting around an hour)  the branch rep got on the phone asking HQ to speed-up their coordination...and supposedly sometimes the HQ Krungsri rep that sets in front of the terminal to coordinate such docs was late arriving for work and on such mornings it could take around 1.5 hrs to get the letter when you requested the letter at branch opening time of 8:30am....needing to get that letter so you could go up to immigration to submit your extension application package.

But I now get my letter a business day or two before at a branch close to my home as CW immigration accepts a bank letter up to 7 days old.   But it still takes my local branch about an hour to generate the letter. 

• Like 2

How strange that they cannot do TM 47 90 day report at the same time. Last month I converted a 90 day non O by marriage visa entry to a 1 year retirement extension at Kalasin IO. I got a notice stapled in my passport reminding me that I would need to report again on 14 December, which is 90 days after my extension application was accepted, not from when the extension  actually runs judging by it's expiry date in October 2023.

Questions if I may

1. so does that count as a first 90 day report so that I can register for and use the online system or must I do the next one in person?

2. If I leave Thailand and return with re entry permit  the permission continues but the " clock" for the 90 day report is reset to 0.

3 As I came in on a new visa my wife did a TM 30 notification of foreigner staying at our home. I may have misunderstood the IO but if I understood correctly this no longer needs to be done again these days unless and until either a) we/I move our residency permanently, not just for a few weeks away here nor even if we/I leave Thailand as long as I return to this address  during the validity of the extension I now have or

b) If for some reason I cannot renew or have not renewed and must start all over again.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kalasin Jo
formatting errors

56 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

How strange that they cannot do TM 47 90 day report at the same time. Last month I converted a 90 day non O by marriage visa entry to a 1 year retirement extension at Kalasin IO.

Normally the 90 day report would have nothing to do with your extension.

However exception is your first extension and that starts your clock..

1. You can do next report online.

2. Exit and reenter then your clock is reset date you reenter.

3. You did not need to do a TM30. It was not a new visa. It's an extension of stay.

You reentered with reentry permit. No need for TM30 unless you changed address. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Normally the 90 day report would have nothing to do with your extension.

However exception is your first extension and that starts your clock..

1. You can do next report online.

2. Exit and reenter then your clock is reset date you reenter.

3. You did not need to do a TM30. It was not a new visa. It's an extension of stay.

You reentered with reentry permit. No need for TM30 unless you changed address. 

Thanks for clear answers Dr Jack54. All as I thought

hi all, 

i had my interview on Tuesday at Chaengwattana immigration BKK, i got the under-reconsideration stamp to re visit again at the end of this month to get the extension stamp, 

do i need to show them the money before the extension stamp or i am free to get the money withdrawn from my bank?

many thanks

8 minutes ago, EVAN said:

do i need to show them the money before the extension stamp or i am free to get the money withdrawn from my bank?

Best to keep the 400k baht in the bank until you get the extension stamp. They have asked or the proof before at Chaeng Wattana.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EVAN said:

There is a post in this thread that showing bank account when receiving final stamp was not required.

Also I cannot recall a post ever outlining any repercussions other than a warning.

Having said that.... immigration officers do sometimes request it so bottom line....why would anyone risk it being an issue.

Leave the money untouched untill you have final stamp. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, EVAN said:

hi all, 

i had my interview on Tuesday at Chaengwattana immigration BKK, i got the under-reconsideration stamp to re visit again at the end of this month to get the extension stamp, 

many thanks

By immigration regulation you are only required to maintain the 400K baht for 2 months before your application/under consideration stamp which means you could go to zero baht after Tuesday if you wanted to, HOWEVER, BUT, personally I would not let your funds dip before Bt400K until you get the final 12 month stamp in another month or so.   

There have been recent posts (like the one below listed earlier in this thread) where CW asked for an updated passbook on the day the person went back to pickup their final 12 month marriage extension stamp and the applicant did not remember/seemed sure the immigration officer who approved the under consideration didn't mention anything about bringing an updated passbook.

I did my marriage extension at CW last Wed....the immigration officer that gave me the under consideration stamp did not mention anything about bringing a updated passbook when I come back in mid Oct to get the 12 month/final stamp....BUT my two previous marriage extensions at CW I was told to bring my passbook.   

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 5:50 PM, walailak said:

one more thing I forgot.....

I intentionally did not copy the tm47 as it has been scrapped, guess what?

the officer asked for it, but at least she made the effort of copying it herself at their own copier at the back of the office ????

TM47 has been scrapped?  90 day reports are still very much required although you may do it online and get a receipt to print out.  In June a copy of this was required as well as TM30 receipt for retirement extension at CW.  As for appointment believe if you read the instructions you are told to present a print out when reporting for scheduled appointment.  In my June experience desk was accepting next in general queue unless you presented such paper in advance of appointment time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

In June a copy of this was required as well as TM30 receipt for retirement extension at CW.

Strange. 

I have never provided copy of TM30 or 90 day report for extensions retirement at CW.

Have appointment for my next one on October 19.

That will be interesting as don't plan to submit either. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

many thanks to everyone, I agree with you all that i will keep the money until i get the final stamp!

and play safe ,  there are no guide or concrete written rules about visa that why many rules depend on individual rather than play book, some cases there are written rules, but some officers try to add more which i do not understand why!! my folder getting bigger each time i go to immigration! as i do not know what i expect  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Strange. 

I have never provided copy of TM30 or 90 day report for extensions retirement at CW.

They started about 3 years ago when they had the push to require proof of TM30 reporting, and collected fines if late.  Next year or two they removed and made copies from passport - this year I included copies and they kept them.  

Edit:  this is on retirement extension - live with wife but no TM30 was ever submitted and changed from wife to retirement about a decade ago.  Needless to say home owner had fine to pay.

Edited by lopburi3

Just now, lopburi3 said:

They started about 3 years ago when they had the push to require proof of TM30 reporting, and collected fines if late.  Next year or two they removed and made copies from passport - this year I included copies and they kept them.  

Guess I will find out October 19.

Been in Thailand same address for 10 years. 

Never have done a TM30.

Will be disappointing if this is a new requirement. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

TM47 has been scrapped?  90 day reports are still very much required although you may do it online and get a receipt to print out.  In June a copy of this was required as well as TM30 receipt for retirement extension at CW.  As for appointment believe if you read the instructions you are told to present a print out when reporting for scheduled appointment.  In my June experience desk was accepting next in general queue unless you presented such paper in advance of appointment time.

I meant to type TM6 NOT TM47 sorry my bad......????

45 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

No TM30 was required even though I have it stapled in the passport...…officer did not ask for it.

I have the logins  (wife got them after submitting all of the documents required) , for the house (same place since moving here in 2006) so when they started about 3 years to require proof of it , I checked in myself at home and use that same printout record since then. But still up to now I haven't been asked for it ???? 

On 10/3/2022 at 6:36 PM, unheard said:

And the question is....

Funny how keeping the balance above 400k appears to be such a flex for many people. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, DrJack54 said:

Strange. 

In truth I can't really see why you should have to. Shouldn't both be in their computer systems, claimed now to be up to international standards ( whatever they me be). Why still the need to sacrifice trees? 

• Thumbs Up 2