PM meets mass shooting victims’ families

snoop1130

07859145bbeb92ea558b0149b5a7e5a3_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Prime Minister today met with the families of victims of yesterday’s mass shooting in Nong Bua Lamphu province. The PM has pledged that the government will do its best to care for the families while granting them the first sets of financial aid.

Prime Minister and Minister of Defence Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today laid flowers in front of the daycare center where the attack took place, and later met with the families whose members were killed or injured. The Office of the Prime Minister has delivered financial aid to the affected families.

The Ministry of Labour has also granted financial support in addition to any social security entitlement.

The Prime Minister on this occasion extended his deepest condolences and support for the victims’ families while pledging that the government will take the best care of them.

He ordered all related government agencies to follow up on the livelihoods of the affected going forward.

The Prime Minister then chaired a task force meeting this evening at Nong Bua Lamphu Provincial Administrative Organization, and later met the injured victims at Nong Bua Lamphu Hospital.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221007201910874

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-10-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The PM has pledged that the government will do its best to care for the families while granting them the first sets of financial aid.

Which, if I read correctly Yesterday, amounts to about 100,000 Baht for the lost life of a baby, and a little more if Hospital treatment is required.

How dare you Prayut, How dare you !

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What makes you think it was a photo op?

D'oh. The 150 photograpers might be hint. It was 5% sincerity and caring and 95% photo-op. That's the way the real world works, get used to it.

The PM bears full and direct repsonsiblity for this incident. The RTP report directly to the PM, a HUGE mistake made in 2002. Previously it was the MoI.

He needs to take responsibility. He won't. He needs to make changes ASAP, and not just shuffling the pawns around the board.

And having him in the dual role as Minister of Defense should NOT be allowed. Will a civilian PM - assuming there ever is one, be allowed to be MoD too? Uhm, no.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

The PM bears full and direct repsonsiblity for this incident. The RTP report directly to the PM, a HUGE mistake made in 2002. Previously it was the MoI.

I have no idea what you are on(about). 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Being fired and prosecuted are not  consequences? 

Too little to late I am afraid, and this is where the negligence and potential lawsuit suing the RTP and the government will be brought in.  Unless they are forced to sign papers stating that the money they accept absolves the Country and the RTP of any further lawsuits this will be big.  As I live here and so do you, I am sure we can expect to see more as time goes on, unless it gets buried.  National press is all over this by the way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What are you talking about?

This is equivalent to about 1 years salary for most people in that area, and will allow them to have a respectful funeral for their loved ones.  How dare you criticise the government helping the familes! 

I agree. This is not the time to cast political rocks. They're assuming the PM has no heart and this is just a big show. I disagree. btw, one of those big checks he handed to a family was 200,000 baht.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Never let a good tragedy go to waste as they say

and possibly, at least in your case, never let a good thread about the PM go wasted without an opportunity to ridicule him. Why not feel some compassion and be happy the families are receiving some financial assistance in this time of need? 

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

and possibly, at least in your case, never let a good thread about the PM go wasted without an opportunity to ridicule him. Why not feel some compassion and be happy the families are receiving some financial assistance in this time of need? 

Spot on. 

Bashing Pratud and Anutin is getting boring, and this is not the time to do it. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

I've  got to say I was impressed by anitun I'm no fan but he was very good and first on the ground very humble I saw him at our hospital

Anutin had done well, its only some expat who dislike him due to a mistranslation in the English gutter press about hygiene ????

• Thumbs Up 1